I am the new Caudillo of this place: Rules etc (please read)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  I am the new Caudillo of this place: Rules etc (please read)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am the new Caudillo of this place: Rules etc (please read)  (Read 7798 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »
« edited: July 16, 2015, 07:00:47 PM by Hash »

I have been named moderator (or co-moderator) of this board. I'd like to thank Al and Dave for this opportunity, and extend wider thanks to Al for all the time he's spent in moderating this board over the years, maintaining it as the best board on the forum and for his contributions to threads on here.

I will seek to maintain Al's 'legacy' on here, and I intend to largely stick to his principles applied on this board. This is a good board and great crowd, so I don't envision there being any problems as on some other boards.

Here are a few clarifications on how intend stuff to work out, and general preferences/principles.

Personal Preferences and Principles
1. Please indicate the country and/or province/state in the thread title for all elections. Not everybody may be aware of what some threads may refer to. This isn't a major issue, except perhaps for some by-election threads.
2. I would personally prefer for discussion of by-elections to be consolidated into a single thread for an entire year, as is currently done for Canada, UK local by-elections, France etc
3. Don't bump old threads unless there's a really good reason to
4. Major elections, defined arbitrarily (or not - elections generating major discussion on here), should/will have separate results threads
5. Do not create threads for individual polls. I have no issue with regularly posting polling numbers in general threads dedicated to said country, as is done for Germany and Austria
6. Do not post information/rumours which you know to be false
7. Refrain from posts consisting solely of ultrapartisan spin (etc). I know I do it too sometimes, this applies for me as well.
8. Please pay attention to your spelling, grammar and syntax.
9. Do not threads for elections over one year before an election is held.

Non-Negotiable Rules (largely restated)
1. Racism, homophobia, xenophobia, bigotry and the like
2. Expressing support for mass-murderers or vile ideologies such as fascism, Nazism, Stalinism etc.
3. Other things banned on the wider forum
4. Any other particularly egregious things I haven't mentioned here

Like Al, I don't think that I will use the infraction system. I will delete the worst posts, modify/moderate others and warn - in public or private - if things get out of hand. I don't want any of my actions to spark personal feuds, animosities or firestorms which would degrade the friendly and high-quality atmosphere of the board. However, I do reserve the right to use the infraction system, particularly for any posts which contravene the non-negotiable rules cited above.

I wish to clarify that I will not use my Great Powers as El Caudillo del Foro in a vindictive or biased fashion against any poster unless they specifically contravene the aforecited rules. If you have any issues with my moderation or stuff, please take it up via PM. But don't spam my PM inbox.

To perpetuate Al's tradition, here are the (silly) special rules.

Special Rules of El Caudillo
1. A cult of personality of Jennifer Lawrence, Aubrey Plaza, Carly Rae Jepsen and miscellaneous others shall be strictly enforced. Gross disrespect these Icons is a capital offense.
2. References to my blog, henceforth known as The Repository, are mandatory. Posting any maps created by El Caudillo is mandatory. Failure to comply with either conditions is a capital offense.
3. Failure to appreciate El Caudillo's greatness, wealth of knowledge and infinite wisdom on all matters is a capital offense.
4. Questioning El Caudillo's authority and greatness is a capital offense.
5. The use of GIFs is strongly recommended.
6. Referring to Flanby by his alleged name 'François Hollande', Panzergirl by her fake name 'Marine Le Pen' are capital offenses.
7. Not supporting a political party, movement or ideology approved of by El Caudillo is a capital offense.
8. The ideology known as 'Cogendism' is counterrevolutionary and a capital offense.
8. Crimes considered 'capital offenses' shall be punishable by death by watching all movies starring Kristen Stewart.

I am confident that nobody wishes to be subject to the cruel and unusual punishment which this would constitute.

Thank you for your support. I welcome your feedback and criticism.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »

Endorsed (esspecially J-Law and Aubrey).
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

Excellent! Congratulations!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »

My main wish (continuation of current policies) has been exauced, so, I'm quite happy with you, Hash.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »

Yes, I'm glad Dave took the right decision. Congratulations, Hash.

But don't call yourself "Caudillo" Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:39 AM »

Great !

Btw, would you mind merging the special threads thread with the links thread so that there's more space on top ?

Also please unsticky Al's initial mod thread (board rules).

Thx.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 04:24:42 AM »

Très bien!
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:22 AM »

Special Rules of El Caudillo
1. A cult of personality of Jennifer Lawrence, Aubrey Plaza, Carly Rae Jepsen and miscellaneous others shall be strictly enforced. Gross disrespect these Icons is a capital offense.
2. References to my blog, henceforth known as The Repository, are mandatory. Posting any maps created by El Caudillo is mandatory. Failure to comply with either conditions is a capital offense.
3. Failure to appreciate El Caudillo's greatness, wealth of knowledge and infinite wisdom on all matters is a capital offense.
4. Questioning El Caudillo's authority and greatness is a capital offense.
5. The use of GIFs is strongly recommended.
6. Referring to Flanby by his alleged name 'François Hollande', Panzergirl by her fake name 'Marine Le Pen' are capital offenses.
7. Not supporting a political party, movement or ideology approved of by El Caudillo is a capital offense.
8. The ideology known as 'Cogendism' is counterrevolutionary and a capital offense.
8. Crimes considered 'capital offenses' shall be punishable by death by watching all movies starring Kristen Stewart.
I appreciate your greatness, wealth of knowledge and infinite wisdom on all matters (with the possible exception of music) and look forward to your tutorial on GIF mapping. May I, however, humbly suggest you renaming yourself to Zeus?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »

And I, for one, welcome our new Caudillo overlord.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »

Congrats. You certainly were the most worthy candidate for this job.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »

May I, however, humbly suggest you renaming yourself to Zeus?

Zeus, PASOK Leader, what's the difference?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

Long live the new Caudillo por la Gracia de Dios*

* Or by the grace of Zeus, you choose.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »

The Caudillo is, indeed, the Boardbashi Emeritus' Vicar On Earth.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »

Congrats Phil !

I must ask, what are your views on Bretzels again ?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »

Congratulations, Hashemite! I know we haven't gotten along in the past, but I like what you're doing so far (ie, the same things Al did).
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »

Well deserved.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »

Congratulations! (or maybe condolences considering how some posters on this forum treat moderators)

Either way, a great choice to manage this board and keep up its excellent standard. Smiley 

2. I would personally prefer for discussion of by-elections to be consolidated into a single thread for an entire year, as is currently done for Canada, UK local by-elections, France etc

Yes finally! This has bothered me for so long. 
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »

Congratulations! (or maybe condolences considering how some posters on this forum treat moderators)

Either way, a great choice to manage this board and keep up its excellent standard. Smiley 

Yes finally! This has bothered me for so long. 

I support this too, but it looks like it's being unenforced Sad
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

With Al's resignation being acted upon, I am now the sole moderator on this board.

Be warned Wink
Wilfred Day
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

This is an international thread. Who are these people to whom you refer?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »

This is an international thread. Who are these people to whom you refer?

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »

Could we make it a rule, that all threads dealing with a specific election should include the election date (or dates if in two rounds)?

(I thought we already had it as a rule, but apparently not)

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies