Casterly Rock Polling: Midwestern administrative control over the Pacific?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:50:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Casterly Rock Polling: Midwestern administrative control over the Pacific?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Midwest take administrative control of the Pacific, with each region still electing Senators, but the day to day administrative operations handled by the Midwestern government?
Yes (Pacific)

No (Pacific)

Yes (Midwest)

No (Midwest)

Yes (National)

No (National)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Casterly Rock Polling: Midwestern administrative control over the Pacific?  (Read 1010 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »

This has recently come up in front of the Senate.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »

If a joint government is to happen, it would not be a good idea to call it the "Midwest" government. Call it the union government or something like that- but yes, I do think the two regions, 1 government idea could be interesting.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »

I would prefer that we organize a joint government, rather than just give the Pacific to the Midwest. Voted yes, because I would support the bill if it is heavily amended.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »

I think I could get behind this.  It will help stabilize the Pacific and Midwest without forcing people to move and keep the regions stable.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:02 PM »

I'm not sure if I would support this, but this looks much better than a merge. As PJ said, a joint government would be better, I don't think that we in the Midwest have the right to act and govern without including the people of the Pacific in the process.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:23 PM »

My thinking is, a new constitution would be passed by both regions.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2014, 10:24:19 PM by Senator Tyrion »

Well, the Pacific is currently working on a new constitution. The Midwest and the Pacific have similar values, so it shouldn't be difficult to find some common ground, and we could call ourselves the "West" or something. 

Let's not get caught up in the nomenclature, meanwhile. Tongue

EDIT: To clear up what I mean
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »

Of course the Pacific should be annexed to the Midwest.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »

Constitutional change to allow the two regions to jointly elect a pair of Senators would also be a good idea.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »

Well, the Pacific is currently working on a new constitution. The Midwest and the Pacific have similar values, so it shouldn't be difficult to find some common ground, and we could call ourselves the "West" or something. 

Why not a "Confederation of the West" with a common Constitution? If both regions are going to share the government, they would need to be ruled by the same set of laws. Also, the Pacific and Midwest regions would have to elect a new common governor and a new legislature to command the Constituent period.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Midwest has no problems of inactivity. We pass a 40 billion budget surplus and there are always bills currently debated. So i would love to see peuple stopping to compare us with the Pacific.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »

Midwest has no problems of inactivity. We pass a 40 billion budget surplus and there are always bills currently debated. So i would love to see peuple stopping to compare us with the Pacific.

This is true, but we do have a problem with having any competitive elections for the few offices we have.  I think this idea should be explored.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

This is true, but we do have a problem with having any competitive elections for the few offices we have.  I think this idea should be explored.
Don t worry i m not against regional reconsolidatiob. I will propose my plan this week.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 02:07:40 PM »

Don t worry i m not against regional reconsolidatiob. I will propose my plan this week.

Cool!   I look forward to it!
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

I say yes only because this is exactly what we tried to do in the IDS during the initial crisis. Just goes to show the IDS is the most forward thinking region.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »

Why not a "Confederation of the West" with a common Constitution? If both regions are going to share the government, they would need to be ruled by the same set of laws. Also, the Pacific and Midwest regions would have to elect a new common governor and a new legislature to command the Constituent period.

That's what I meant. Sorry I didn't make it clear. The Pacific already has a constitution in the works. If the good people of the Midwest are receptive, they can take a gander and propose Midwestern changes to make a consolidated "Wild West".
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:05 PM »

What's the problem of a merger?! Just call us the West Wing and I'm fine!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »

An arrangement that allows them to share a government yet be distinct regions would be a great way to go as an experiment. Equal representation from each region in however large this joint government would be and allow them to maintain their constitutions. In other words, allow them to be as distinct as possible but to share a legislative body, because what's needed is to actually debate and move things along. Of course the legislature will be pulling double duty (MW stuff and Pac stuff), but the clogging limit could be adjusted.

A more complete overhaul might call for an actual merger which would mean one constitution and so one, but it gets tricky when you talk about the justices and the Senators.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »

Why would the two legislatures need to be distinct? The question of Senators is completely separate, since regional governments don't administer Senate elections.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »

FU-SION-HA!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist the obligatory DBZ reference. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »

I am unequivocally opposed to this act of imperialist aggression by the Midwest.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »

No (National)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies