Colorado 2014 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:48:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado 2014 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado 2014 Megathread  (Read 5322 times)
backtored
Vatican City State

« on: February 24, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2014, 09:27:41 PM by backtored »

I'm waiting to see if the Colorado Dems pickup one of the down ballot statewide offices in November
A realistic scenario would be Hickenlooper winning reelection by a hair, Udall getting defeated by Owen Hill for senate or some other REP candidate and Mike Coffman holding his seat.  All the Democrats holding their seats doesn't sound reasonable.
Oh please, GOP will nominate Ken Buck and as a result Udall will win comfortably. If he couldn't win in 2010, he sure as hell won't win this year. And Andrew Romanoff is a strong candidate against Mike Coffman, I say he has about a 50-50 chance of winning.

Maybe you didn't hear aboyut two historic recalls and a resignation to avoid a third, or a monumental tax hike loss to which the governor pinned his political capital, or the cratering poll numbers for a governor and senator who were supposed to be safe for reelection, or a sitting Democratic President's approval numbers at 37 percent--one of the worst in thie country.

If you don't see a real-deal conservative revolt in there, well, what can I say?  People don't wonder if Democrats will lose here, they only wonder how badly. Does that mean that the GOP will have a banner year here? Well, you know that the local Republican Party is hardly expert at capitalizing on good things. But the dynamics are there for a massive sea change in Colorado politics. To wonder if the GOP will LOSE ground in the state is to pretend that the last six months just didn't happen. Many Democrats here seem to be doing just that. Let me suggest that doing so is hardly a winning political strategy. But I want Democrats to lose, so you all just keep on keepin' on.

backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »

Democrats here don't take him seriously because if his '06 whooping. But he was, at one point, the hottest stock in state politics. He has the money to match the incumbent, decent name recognition, and plenty of experience in statewide races as state GOP chair during the GOP's golden years here.

In other words, '06 was probably more of a fluke and he would make a great candidate. And if he can clear the field, he may be able to do what few Republicans have done and unite a party that has a natural advantage in Colorado against the Democrats when firing on all cylinders.

But I'm sure that Democrats will spend their time laughing amongst themselves about the backsides of horses rather than doing the legwork they'll need to do to win in November.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »

I'm waiting to see if the Colorado Dems pickup one of the down ballot statewide offices in November
A realistic scenario would be Hickenlooper winning reelection by a hair, Udall getting defeated by Owen Hill for senate or some other REP candidate and Mike Coffman holding his seat.  All the Democrats holding their seats doesn't sound reasonable.
Oh please, GOP will nominate Ken Buck and as a result Udall will win comfortably. If he couldn't win in 2010, he sure as hell won't win this year. And Andrew Romanoff is a strong candidate against Mike Coffman, I say he has about a 50-50 chance of winning.
People don't wonder if Democrats will lose here, they only wonder how badly.

Colorado has snapped back to the right.  I don't know what that portends for the country more broadly, but I won't at all be surprised to see Romney lose by handful and still win in Colorado.  Frankly, the whole "new majority" narrative about Colorado and even Nevada has been wrong for six long years.

In a state where Republicans always outnumber Democrats in elections, and where the GOP has actually made real gains in the voter rolls since '08 (when, yet again, more Republicans voted than Democrats), why would 2012 be the most explosive year for Democratic turnout in Colorado ever?  The notion defies logic.

Did they poll the marijuana referendum?

Yes.  The Post will release those results probably sometime this weekend.  I really don't expect it to pass.  My hunch is that it's polling in the mid-to-upper 40s, as it has been for PPP for a while.  If it isn't well above 50% now, it won't get there before November.  The popular Democratic governor came out against it this week, which will only deepen opposition and will almost definitely bring along some Democrats who have been on the fence about it. 

It will either be real tight, or a real big win for Romney.  I can't decide which.

Which leads me to conclude that Obama can't win Colorado.

Glad to see our expert Colorado elections predictor is back to spread his seeds of wisdom.

The Romney campaign itself thought that Colorado was practically bagged. I was hardly out on a limb there. But I was wrong, so if it makes you feel better to discount every assertion I make, well, you go right ahead. Just don't be surprised if you end up a little surprised, because nothing in Colorado politics is surprising anymore.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »

It's nice to know that the Republicanism/Libertarian posters from Colorado are just as delusional as the Republican Party of Colorado.
No, it's not delusional, it's called Colorado being the petri dish experiment for Democrat utopia lifestyles that is being overran in this state with far left ideology from other failed states.

A rightwards swinging Colorado really poops on the party that the we-are-the-future left has been throwing for nearly a decade in this state. They're talking about a blue Texas and Georgia based on exactly the same model that helped them seize Colorado. If conservatives take back Colorado, boy, that sure puts a hitch in the liberal giddy up, doesn't it? I don't know what will happen, but at least we can be honest about what is at stake.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »

Odds that the Colorado Democrats win back the Secretary of State, State AG and maybe State Treasurer offices in November?

Republicans will hold the Treasurer and SG and SoS are slight GOP favorites. The question is more like how much will Democrats lose--probably the state senate and Udall's seat and maybe even more than that--and not how much they'll gain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies