Colorado 2014 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado 2014 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado 2014 Megathread  (Read 5315 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: May 27, 2014, 01:37:11 AM »

Gotta love those last few posts. Here's a less hackish, less dumb analysis:

-Secretary of State: Toss-Up/Tilt D. Gessler was a terrible SoS (Unless you're a complete GOP hack) who's only real interest was to help Republicans win elections. He's not running, but he may have damaged GOP credibility in the office. The candidates are University of Colorado Regent Joe Neguse (D), and El Paso County Clerk Wayne Williams (R). Former Senate Majority Leader Ken Gordon (D) was running and would've been the favorite, but died suddenly last December. I'd give the edge to Democrats, only because I expect Hickenlooper to win and I don't expect a lot of vote splitting when it comes to this office.

-Attorney General: Likely R. Another open seat (Incumbent John Suthers (R) is term-limited). The candidates are Deputy AG (And wife of Mike Coffman) Cynthia Coffman (R), House Minority Leader Mark Waller (R), and former 17th Judicial District DA Don Quick (D). Coffman and Waller are more high-profile and adept than Quick appears to be, and AG is an office that people often prefer Republicans for even in blue states. I'd give the edge to Coffman.

-Treasurer: Toss-Up/Tilt R. Incumbent Walker Stapleton (R) beat then-incumbent Cary Kennedy (D) by 1 point in 2010, but has had a relatively uneventful term as Treasurer since then. He faces two possibly strong opponents, former US Rep. Betsy Markey (D) and Mayor of Broomfield Patrick Quinn (D). I give Stapleton a slight edge due to his incumbency, but higher turnout due to mail-in ballots, a rapidly changing electorate, and a more favorable D environment might be enough to reverse the 2010 election.

GO JOE Neguse!!!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies