McDonnell's indicted on charges of accepting illegal gifts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McDonnell's indicted on charges of accepting illegal gifts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McDonnell's indicted on charges of accepting illegal gifts  (Read 1414 times)
TX Conservative Dem
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »

Former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell (R) and his wife, Maureen, were both indicted by the Feds for political corruption and accepting illegal gifts from a lobbyist. Among the allegations against the former First couple included spending $$$ on lavish vacations, riding on a multi-million dollar plane, the wedding of McDonnell's daughter, and other areas of conflict of interest.

All major news networks reported the story and I'd like to know y'all's reaction on the McDonnell's being indicted with the potential of facing decades in prison if convicted ?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »

They should get what's coming to them--an all expenses paid vacation next to "Dollar Bill" and Richie Farmer and the Illinois Governor wing.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

Bob McDonnell and Chris Christie will both soon be joining Rod Blagojevich in jail for their corruption. It's ashame, as all three of those men had once promising political careers.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

Republican class of 2009.
1 impeached
1 indicted
1 about to be indicted
luv it.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

Republican class of 2009.
1 impeached
1 indicted
1 about to be indicted
luv it.

Who was impeached?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »

Gov. Benigno Fitial (R)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:51:21 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2014, 12:52:54 AM by Zioneer »

Amateur. My state's AG tried to protect/reduce the sentences of convicted fraudsters because they donated to his campaign, tricked one of them into trying to bribe Harry Reid (and pocketing the money before Reid ever got wind of it), got a dying man to claim his (the AG's) innocence, had receipts for massages and boat rides on the cruise boat of a second fraudster, hounded one of the fraudsters to Canada, tried the old "give my business holdings to my wife" trick, and many, many others.

Oh, this guy's predecessor was even worse, and now their paid thug/"fixer" has been arrested and will soon sing like a bird. Cheesy

McDonnell is a piker compared to that.

EDIT: Oh, and my AG had the audacity to claim that every single electronic device he owned or touched mysteriously lost all sensitive information at the same time... Right around when the investigation into his activities started.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 01:47:40 AM »

Amateur. My state's AG tried to protect/reduce the sentences of convicted fraudsters because they donated to his campaign, tricked one of them into trying to bribe Harry Reid (and pocketing the money before Reid ever got wind of it), got a dying man to claim his (the AG's) innocence, had receipts for massages and boat rides on the cruise boat of a second fraudster, hounded one of the fraudsters to Canada, tried the old "give my business holdings to my wife" trick, and many, many others.

Oh, this guy's predecessor was even worse, and now their paid thug/"fixer" has been arrested and will soon sing like a bird. Cheesy

EDIT: Oh, and my AG had the audacity to claim that every single electronic device he owned or touched mysteriously lost all sensitive information at the same time... Right around when the investigation into his activities started.

Well, that does seem to be McDonnell's defense--he's an amateur.  Sure, he took all that stuff, but he and the misses didn't do anything for all that stuff, and VA has such lax laws, well, it was wrong, but it wasn't illegal, and he may be right..
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 04:43:40 AM »

Well, that does seem to be McDonnell's defense--he's an amateur.  Sure, he took all that stuff, but he and the misses didn't do anything for all that stuff, and VA has such lax laws, well, it was wrong, but it wasn't illegal, and he may be right..

John Dean in Oliver Stone's "Nixon": "These are things that the mafia can do. The reason we don't know how to do these things is because we're "not" criminals".
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »

McDonnell held press conference last night, denying the other allegations saying he did nothing wrong
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies