FL House GOP candidate wants Obama executed by hanging
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:52:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FL House GOP candidate wants Obama executed by hanging
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL House GOP candidate wants Obama executed by hanging  (Read 4292 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:31:27 AM »

ST. PETERSBURG — As Americans honored the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, a Republican candidate for Florida House District 68 said President Barack Obama should be hanged for war crimes.

"I'm past impeachment," Joshua Black wrote on Twitter. "It's time to arrest and hang him high."

The tweet caught the attention of Chris Latvala, a Republican candidate for House District 67.

"You aren't seriously calling for the killing of Obama are you?" Latvala replied. "I know you are crazy but good heavens. U R an embarrassment."

Latvala added: "I make it my business when so called GOP candidates become an embarrassment to my beloved party."

"I make no apologies for saying that the President is not above the People. If ordinary Americans should be executed for treason, so should he."

Pinellas GOP Chairman Michael Guju said Black doesn't know the secret details of the drone strike. "It is impossible to accept this statement," Guju said. "This is wholly unacceptable and unduly provocative."

Black's opponent in the House race, Democratic state Rep. Dwight Dudley, said Black has the right to disagree with Obama's decisions. But he shouldn't call for Obama's hanging. "It's dangerous and unbecoming for someone who wants to lead to call for such violence and extremist action," he said. "Wow. I'm stunned."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/florida-house-candidate-joshua-black-calls-for-hanging-of-president-obama/2161944
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:53:59 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not stunned. It's important to realize just how crazy a significant portion of the GOP is. And unfortunately, many of them are armed.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:05 AM »

Apparently it's a state house seat that Obama only got 51% in, so theoretically, this guy could win.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:31:11 AM »

But remember, Democrats have crazies like that too. Roll Eyes
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:38 AM »

The question I want to ask is does he believe the same thing regarding George W. Bush? Actually I friended him on FB for that express purpose.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 05:45:53 AM »

Apparently the answer is yes. At least he is consistent:

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:57:45 AM »

Apparently it's a state house seat that Obama only got 51% in, so theoretically, this guy could win.

Black is not a strong candidate and really has no presence. Dwight's much better connected to the district, and Black isn't the sort of Republican the district will vote for. We're worried about Billy Young Jr., but not Black.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »

Are there polls available for this race?  I'm thinking this guy might win.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

Are there polls available for this race?  I'm thinking this guy might win.

Yes, from August. The district is strongly pro-Crist, pro-pot and pro-gay marriage. Dwight leads by 8 points against Billy Young (his most likely Republican opponent).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »

First off that's not for a lowly State house candidate to decide...

Second; Hanging is so 1930's....
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2014, 04:53:45 PM by BrandenCordeiro »

Why doesn't anyone ever post about the extremists in the other party?

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has ridiculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has rediculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.

Well, nobody is stopping the Republicans from making topics about obscure crazy Democrats either. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »

I almost want to see this loon win just for the entertainment value.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has rediculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.

Anyone that believes the number of crazies is similar in the 2 major parties is pretty delusional.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »

It goes both ways.

Anyone that believes the number of crazies is similar in the 2 major parties is pretty delusional.

I'm pretty sure it is, it's just that the Democratic 'crazies' lack the money to get anywhere in politics.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »

It goes both ways.

Note that you didn't actually identify any of these rediculous views.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2014, 09:56:30 PM by True Federalist »

It goes both ways.
I can't imagine it being less interesting than this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)#U.S._House_of_Representatives
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has ridiculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.

Jeff Boss is a fringe candidate who has no chance of winning. Josh Black's a nominee in a swingy district who actually has a chance of getting out of the primary.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 05:11:09 PM »

It goes both ways.

Jeff Boss is a fringe candidate who has no chance of winning. Josh Black's a nominee in a swingy district who actually has a chance of getting out of the primary.

That's one of the big differences, fringe Democrats rarely have a chance of getting out of primary, almost infinitesimal, whereas some very out there Republicans can sneak through.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2014, 08:22:06 PM by Speaker SJoyce »

It goes both ways.

Black's a Republican candidate in a Lean D seat who has no name recognition, no presence, and no campaign who's been disavowed by, among others, the state party chair. To even become the Republican nominee, he'll face a primary against C.W. Bill Young II, son of the only Congressman FL-68 has ever had. Billy Young will be able to tap into his father's extensive network of donors and volunteers and will start off with near-universal name recognition. Black, meanwhile, has raised a bit less than $4000. If he somehow, magically, triumphs over Billy Young, Black would then face a general against incumbent Dem Dwight Dudley, who (with no prior experience) defeated a former Republican State Rep by six points in 2012 (full disclosure: I worked with Dudley in 2012 and until recently lived in FL-68). Black will not be a significant factor in the race, apart from this.

Black has also been condemned by Governor Scott and party chair Curry, and has resigned his membership in the Pinellas GOP.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

To be as bad as a Democrat one would need to espouse Marxist-Leninist dogma.

The nominating process of the Republican Party in many instances represents a race to the bottom, and with a Party going increasingly extreme, those with the most outrageous stances begin to win over the not-so-extreme.   
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »

I don't like deleting posts, but please remember to discuss the issues and not other posters.

x Your friendly neighborhood spidermod
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:11 PM »

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79009429/?related=true

Secret service visited him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »

Interesting that the media is leading with the fact that this was brought up on MLK Day.  We can be reasonably sure MLK would not be in favor of hanging anyone.  We can also be reasonably sure he would not be in favor of drone strikes on children in other countries.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »

It goes both ways.
Just from this week we have:

1. This thread
2. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186364.0
3. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186468.0
4. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186473.0
5. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186334.0
6. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186431.0
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length