TXCD Memorial Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  TXCD Memorial Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: TXCD Memorial Thread  (Read 10019 times)
TX Conservative Dem
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »

Let's say Frank G. Clement doesn't get in an automobile accident and announces his bid for a 4th term in the 1970 elections for Tennessee Executive Mansion and wins easily, serving for 14 years until leaving office in 1975.

How do y'all think Tennessee politics would have been effected had Clement won a 4th term?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:57:03 PM »

I don't see that much changing on the state level except that Lamar Alexander would be the first Republican governor of Tennesse since Reconstruction as opposed to Winfield Dunn. On the national level, Frank Clement would probably run for the Senate against Bill Brock in 1976 in Jim Sassers place and defeat Brock by a landslide margin. I could see Clement serving in the Senate until 1994, when Bill Frist would likely defeat him in the Republican wave that occured that year.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »

I think it's possible that Nixon may have been involved in the assassination of Dr. King, with the allegation of Nixon possibly being involved in the deaths of JFK, RFK, etc.,

Given Nixon's history of eliminating foreign leaders (Allende, Arbenz, etc.,), it wouldn't surprise anyone.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »

Let's not put up crazy conspiracy theories on the election what ifs board.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »

I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »

lol
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »

I'm surprised that what's been by now accepted by nearly every credible historian is still a question for you. Of course Nixon was involved in the Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 08:26:43 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I have received infraction points for making far less ridiculous statements than this.  
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »

I have received infraction points for making far less ridiculous statements than this. 
sdu754
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »

I think it's possible that Nixon may have been involved in the assassination of Dr. King, with the allegation of Nixon possibly being involved in the deaths of JFK, RFK, etc.,

Given Nixon's history of eliminating foreign leaders (Allende, Arbenz, etc.,), it wouldn't surprise anyone.

I really don't see why Nixon would have assassinated MLK. If anything it hurt his election chances. As far a JFK, why? They were actually friends, and Nixon had no presidential designs in 1964. If any president had reason to kill JFK, it was LBJ. Both would have had reasons to get RFK out of the way. Remember LBJ tried to get drafted at the convention. As far as Presidents assassinating foreign leaders, Nixon wasn't the only one guilty of that.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 02:14:09 PM »

I really don't see why Nixon would have assassinated MLK. If anything it hurt his election chances. As far a JFK, why? They were actually friends, and Nixon had no presidential designs in 1964. If any president had reason to kill JFK, it was LBJ. Both would have had reasons to get RFK out of the way. Remember LBJ tried to get drafted at the convention. As far as Presidents assassinating foreign leaders, Nixon wasn't the only one guilty of that.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »

Lack of surveillance on the part of Lee Harvey Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan was paramount to the assassinations. FBI and the Treasurey dept are the secret service of the prez. Hoover and Nixon were allies. But the criminals should hold the blame.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »

I'd think LBJ would be more likely, IIRC he was President when MLK was killed?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »

I'd think LBJ would be more likely, IIRC he was President when MLK was killed?

LBJ didn't like the Black panther movement and Makcolm X. Neither did Hoover nor Nixon. MLK stood up for the 1964 voters rights act the LBJ pushed as fmr senate majority leader through a Filibuster.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:33 PM »

LBJ didn't like the Black panther movement and Makcolm X. Neither did Hoover nor Nixon. MLK stood up for the 1964 voters rights act the LBJ pushed as fmr senate majority leader through a Filibuster.

Martin Luther King opposed the War in Vietnam, though/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2014, 08:43:35 PM by OC »

Martin Luther King opposed the War in Vietnam, though/

Thurgood Marshall, LBJ, and MLK were friends. 1965, LBJ appt Marshall to SCOTUS.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »

1. Are you quite sure that you're grasping the core concept of the what-if board?

2. Obviously the Cigarette Smoking Man killed both JFK and MLK.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2014, 12:50:19 PM by TX Conservative Dem »

September 28, 2011:

This a special news report from KTRK-TV, Ch. 13 Eyewitness News Tonight. I'm Dave Ward, we are receiving report that Marine One has crashed over the Mojave Desert outside of Los Angeles, California, which killed several members of the White House staff and several press corps. We do not know if President Obama was injured or killed. Eyewitness News reporter Ted Oberg is in Los Angeles to inform us what's the latest, Ted ?

Ted Oberg: Dave, I've just gotten word that President Obama was found alive, but barely breathing according to paramedics, who arrived at the scene. We also got word that Press Secretary James Carney has been killed including White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley.

We still don't know other reports on the President's condition yet, but will get back to you when we get them. Reporting from the Mojave Desert outside of Los Angeles, California, Ted Oberg, 13 Eyewitness News.

Diane Sawyer of ABC News: Ladies and gentlemen, it is my heartfelt and sad duty to inform all Americans and the entire world, that Barack Hussein Obama, Jr., 44th President of the United States, has passed away from injuries sustained in the Marine One crash. We also have reports that it was shot down by Venezuelan agents due to the unsettling tensions between the two countries.

ABC News' Jonathan Karl has the latest, Jonathan.

Jonathan Karl: Vice President Hilary Rodham Clinton will officially take the Oath of Office as the 45th President of the United States at the Nation's Capitol Rotunda in a few hours, she'll be sworn-in by Chief Justice John Roberts at 4:00 P.M., (Eastern Standard Time)

Secretary of State Joe Biden will be present at the swearing-in ceremony and give intelligence reports to the new President about the ongoing investigation regarding the suspected Venezuelan secret agents, who were involved in the Obama assassination.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »

President Clinton calls the Venezuelan consulate in Washington and tells him that Venezuela will be bombed massively by the full weight of the United States military by any means necessary.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 12:21:39 PM »

Despite the big GOP Revolution of 1980 that helped Reagan into the White House as well as leading the Republicans to win back the U.S. Senate for the first time since 1952, Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton (D) has won reelection to a 2nd two-year term against challenger Frank White (R), 50%-48%.  Clinton thanks supporters for sticking by him despite major problems in his 1st term.

Clinton would go onto winning reelection in 1982, 1984, 1986 and 1990 for a total of 6 terms until his resignation on December 12, 1992 after being elected to the presidency, leaving the Arkansas Governor's Mansion after 13 years in office breaking the record held by his predecessor, Orval Faubus (D), who served from 1955-1967.

Impact on Arkansas politics would look like this:
1992: Lieutenant Governor Jim Guy Tucker (D) ascended to the governorship following Clinton's resignation and sworn into office as Arkansas' 43rd governor.

1994: Tucker easily elected to full four-year term in landslide.

Summer 1995: Whitewater scandal explodes in Arkansas politics, leading many to call for Tucker's resignation. The Arkansas General Assembly then considers articles of impeachment against the governor.

July 1995: Arkansas House of Representatives votes 100-0 to impeach Tucker, then the proceedings go to the Arkansas State Senate.

August 1, 1995: State Senate votes 27-8 to convict Tucker of obstruction of justice, wire fraud, conspiracy to bribery and involvement in the Whitewater Scandal.

Tucker remover from office and Lieutenant Governor Mike Huckabee (R) becomes the Natural State's 44th governor and wins two full terms in 1998 and 2002, serving 11 1/2 years until January 9, 2007.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »

Why do you post these things if everything happens the same?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies