Pot Legalization Bill Introduced in NJ State Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:01:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pot Legalization Bill Introduced in NJ State Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pot Legalization Bill Introduced in NJ State Senate  (Read 2149 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »

Can we, for starters, finally recognize that social liberalism is not the same as social libertarianism? It gets weird when you have people who despise freedom say theu actually do have "some moderate libertarian" stances.
There is obviously a difference. However, that doesn't mean a leftist can't be a social libertarian.

It seems a much shorter mental jump to just call one self a social liberal when that's obviously what you are. "I'm am economic libertarian on most issues." Thanks. We kinda guessed it with your blue avatar. Might as well say conservative instead.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »

The first time Christie will do something intelligent for once. Meanwhile, the NJ Legislature doesn't have time to be working on this bill anyways with the joint investigation going on. Even when it's finished though, they still shouldn't try touching this hurtful bill because they would just be wasting their time.

Please explain how this bill is "hurtful". Authoritarian, puritanical, overly moralistic Democrats like you will be the downfall of the party.
How about the fact that it causes lung damage, hurts the brain, or can increase the risks of cancer? That's just some of them and there's plenty of other sources who have reported other effects of marijuana. If you don't agree, fine, but eventually, me, windjammer, Miles and other fighters against this drug will be proven right after awhile. It's only been legal for recreational use for a very short time so far in WA and CO, and once actual stories start being reported that marijuana is an addictive drug that's causing car accidents and is endangering public and mental health, I think this pro-marijuana fight will flop.

Also, I'm not actually authoritarian if you look at my PM. Sure, I support big government, but I have some relatively moderate libertarian views pertaining to issues like abortion rights, same-sex marriage and full LGBT rights, the right to life (anti-death penalty), immigration etc.

That's right, let's keep locking up scores of black and hispanic youth for an herb, all in the name of "social liberalism".

Cell phones also cause car accidents, shall we ban them? Should we ban eating at the wheel or cigarettes at the wheel?

Also, supporting LBGT rights doesn't make you a social liberal, it makes you a moderate at best. Most people support LGBT rights. It's 2014.

I think you need to do some research on cannabis and come back with a proper argument. Even the first website you linked to talked about many of the positives of legalization. At the end of the day, like it or not, you are taking a very authoritarian viewpoint.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2014, 06:52:39 PM by ElectionsGuy »

The first time Christie will do something intelligent for once. Meanwhile, the NJ Legislature doesn't have time to be working on this bill anyways with the joint investigation going on. Even when it's finished though, they still shouldn't try touching this hurtful bill because they would just be wasting their time.

Please explain how this bill is "hurtful". Authoritarian, puritanical, overly moralistic Democrats like you will be the downfall of the party.
How about the fact that it causes lung damage, hurts the brain, or can increase the risks of cancer? That's just some of them and there's plenty of other sources who have reported other effects of marijuana. If you don't agree, fine, but eventually, me, windjammer, Miles and other fighters against this drug will be proven right after awhile. It's only been legal for recreational use for a very short time so far in WA and CO, and once actual stories start being reported that marijuana is an addictive drug that's causing car accidents and is endangering public and mental health, I think this pro-marijuana fight will flop.

Also, I'm not actually authoritarian if you look at my PM. Sure, I support big government, but I have some relatively moderate libertarian views pertaining to issues like abortion rights, same-sex marriage and full LGBT rights, the right to life (anti-death penalty), immigration etc.

Tell me again why your pro-abortion, pro-LGBT, anti-death penalty, and yet anti-pot? With abortion, your killing a human life. With marijuana, your personally choosing to smoke something that is unhealthy, addictive, and may cause cancer. But you know, just let abortions happen on demand but prohibit the use of pot Tongue

Is MSNBC against this? Because I know your a hack for them, or does this just happen to be one of those odd ball issues for you?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

Will he even have the chance? 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »

So that makes it different from alcohol and tobacco how?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies