Anyone watch MITT on Netflix?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:32:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anyone watch MITT on Netflix?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Anyone watch MITT on Netflix?  (Read 3314 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:45 PM »

I look forward to watching it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 02:38:47 AM »

I watched it.

I think one thing it shows is that Romney never had the fire-in-the-belly to run, and never seemed confident.

We all know that good looking person who says, "I'm not good looking, you're just saying that" and we tell them "You need to have self-esteem".....I kept thinking of that with how Romney carried himself. No confidence.

I disagree. He thought he was going to win. He creamed Obama in the first debate. He knew he'd be better for the country than the current president. What you saw was a humble realist. I mean, of course people on this forum would not appreciate this documenary; it wasn't meant for them. Straight up, MITT depicts a candidate who was unfairly brutalized by a president who couldn't stand on his record. The liberal Atlas Forum isn't going to appreciate that or see the election that way.

What's interesting though is that the American people, in general, now seem more receptive to that narrative. As a result, Romney has been able to do a lot for his image over the last few months. So much so that I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm not sure there has ever been a presidential candidate who went into a general election with as little enthusiasm or support from his own party and as much disdain from his own party as Romney had from the Republican Party. You guys never liked Mitt Romney; you just hated Barack Obama.

I think you would have been right before the debates, but the energy at some of the last few Romney rallies was pretty palpable. It really seemed like Republicans were coming home at the end.

Conservative turnout and enthusiasm was never going to be problem for Romney that it was for McCain. The results actually hold that such was the case save maybe in OH and the midwest, where it was part and parcel to a larger demographic problem with lower income and working class voters that spanned the spectrum to some extent. Certainly was not in the case in the South or Southwest, where many people thought he would have the most problems because of his religion and abortion history.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 03:15:32 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2014, 03:17:05 AM by Reaganfan »

I watched it.

I think one thing it shows is that Romney never had the fire-in-the-belly to run, and never seemed confident.

We all know that good looking person who says, "I'm not good looking, you're just saying that" and we tell them "You need to have self-esteem".....I kept thinking of that with how Romney carried himself. No confidence.

I disagree. He thought he was going to win. He creamed Obama in the first debate. He knew he'd be better for the country than the current president. What you saw was a humble realist. I mean, of course people on this forum would not appreciate this documenary; it wasn't meant for them. Straight up, MITT depicts a candidate who was unfairly brutalized by a president who couldn't stand on his record. The liberal Atlas Forum isn't going to appreciate that or see the election that way.

What's interesting though is that the American people, in general, now seem more receptive to that narrative. As a result, Romney has been able to do a lot for his image over the last few months. So much so that I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm not sure there has ever been a presidential candidate who went into a general election with as little enthusiasm or support from his own party and as much disdain from his own party as Romney had from the Republican Party. You guys never liked Mitt Romney; you just hated Barack Obama.

I think you would have been right before the debates, but the energy at some of the last few Romney rallies was pretty palpable. It really seemed like Republicans were coming home at the end.

Conservative turnout and enthusiasm was never going to be problem for Romney that it was for McCain. The results actually hold that such was the case save maybe in OH and the midwest, where it was part and parcel to a larger demographic problem with lower income and working class voters that spanned the spectrum to some extent. Certainly was not in the case in the South or Southwest, where many people thought he would have the most problems because of his religion and abortion history.

The main reason I never predicted or honestly believed that Romney would win was that Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado and Nevada seemed like such lost causes in both 2008 and 2012, that even if he won Ohio, he'd still be one state short. That one state was literally nearly impossible to win.

I actually thought on election night, we'd all be eagerly watching Bush-Gore style Iowa, Colorado and Ohio with the votes being something like this:

Obama: 257
Romney: 248

I figured North Carolina, Florida, Virginia would all tilt Romney by 11pm. Of course only North Carolina was in Romney's column by that time, and Virginia and Florida became irrelevant with the loss in Ohio.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies