SENATE BILL: Success in Federal-Regional Correspondence Act (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Success in Federal-Regional Correspondence Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Success in Federal-Regional Correspondence Act (Law'd)  (Read 1868 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:51:54 AM »
« edited: February 08, 2014, 10:45:01 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Tyrion for Governor PJ
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:51 AM »

The sponsor has 24 hours to begin advocating for this.

Also the same thing here. I ask UC on both minimum debate time and cloture requirements, Senators have 24 hours to object.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:33 AM »

I plan to offer an amendment to incorporate Regional Senators into this. This would put a lot of load onto the SoIA as I see it, though certainly the SoIA has a lead role by design in such interactions.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

I've got no problem with this bill as is and think the Senate should vote to pass it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

an amendment:
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »

Why not also include the regional senator? Or ask the regional senator to do this instead of the SoIA? By being a regional senator, shouldn't you sometimes be in touch with your region? Yes? Not everyone is allowed to lose touch like me. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

Why not also include the regional senator? Or ask the regional senator to do this instead of the SoIA? By being a regional senator, shouldn't you sometimes be in touch with your region? Yes? Not everyone is allowed to lose touch like me. Wink

Speaking as someone who would benefit from the passage of this bill, I'm happy with whomever tells me. The important thing is that people are clear on their responsibilities here. If we say that the Secretary of Internal Affairs or the regional Senator can do it, then the risk is that neither one does it because each thought the other would.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »

Yes, I agree PiT. I am indifferent to who does it, but if we made the regional senator do it, we may finally distinguish the duties of regional and at large senators. Food for thought.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »

Wouldn't any subsequent law override the authority of the clause that you're proposing, Shua?

Yes, I suppose you're right.
I'll withdraw the previous amendment and replace it with this (so there's no added confusion over validity of a law, but still exists as prescribed procedure):
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »

The new amendment is friendly. I would worry whether or not we would actually remember to do that, though. Also, we should make it "2. Effective upon passage of this bill," I think, so previous laws can be grandfathered in.

Also, RIP PJ.

Yes, I agree PiT. I am indifferent to who does it, but if we made the regional senator do it, we may finally distinguish the duties of regional and at large senators. Food for thought.

And yeah, regional Senators doing it is fine by me. No skin off my bones.

Quote from: Restricted

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »

SoIA or regional senators is fine with me. Would the regional senators have an issue with being given this responsibility? Either way, I do agree we need to make it one or the other so responsibilities are not confused.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 05:05:14 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2014, 05:08:43 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Speaking as someone who would benefit from the passage of this bill, I'm happy with whomever tells me. The important thing is that people are clear on their responsibilities here. If we say that the Secretary of Internal Affairs or the regional Senator can do it, then the risk is that neither one does it because each thought the other would.

My approach was going to have a clear order of priority. Whereby either 1) THe Regional Senator does it and the SoIA verified/polices such actions afterwards or 2) The SoIA does it primarily but may explicity direct the Regional Senator to do it, with verification afterwards. Either way, we would seek to ensure that someone had it done in such a mixed scenario.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »

Is it wise to designate the Regional legislature thread? Whati f there isn't just one, or if a Region were to abolish their legislature at some point?

Perhaps it would be better to state "the thread of of the Region's executive authority, or in a thread designated by said region's statute"?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »

SoIA or regional senators is fine with me. Would the regional senators have an issue with being given this responsibility? Either way, I do agree we need to make it one or the other so responsibilities are not confused.

Why must you be so declarative on subsequent reponses to my post, that I have yet to have a chance to respond to myself? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:55:18 AM »

Quote from: Restricted

Sponsor Feedback: Friendly
[/quote]
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »

Is it wise to designate the Regional legislature thread? Whati f there isn't just one, or if a Region were to abolish their legislature at some point?

Perhaps it would be better to state "the thread of of the Region's executive authority, or in a thread designated by said region's statute"?

That would be fine with me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 05:35:50 PM »

Why must you be so declarative on subsequent reponses to my post, that I have yet to have a chance to respond to myself? Tongue

Because a) I sometimes don't pay attention and b) it took you too long to respond and I am notoriously impatient. Tongue

And yes, let's make it in the regional executive's thread.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:26 AM »

My approach was going to have a clear order of priority. Whereby either 1) THe Regional Senator does it and the SoIA verified/polices such actions afterwards or 2) The SoIA does it primarily but may explicity direct the Regional Senator to do it, with verification afterwards. Either way, we would seek to ensure that someone had it done in such a mixed scenario.

If the SoIA ultimately retains responsibility for guaranteeing that it is done, then I think that would work fine. My point is that I would rather not see a system set up where the metaphorical buck can slip through the cracks and nothing gets done.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:37 AM »

Because a) I sometimes don't pay attention and b) it took you too long to respond and I am notoriously impatient. Tongue

And yes, let's make it in the regional executive's thread.

If I am not online at the time I cannot respond and I am only one for one set period of the day usually.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

What, if any, consequences should exist if the Regional Senator fails to perform this duty?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »

I say we burn them at the stake
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »

What, if any, consequences should exist if the Regional Senator fails to perform this duty?
I don't think any concrete consequences should be in place - it's something they'll have to explain when they are up for re-election.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:26 PM »

I am okay with having to do this. But will the Senate (PPT probably) notify the SoIA that a law has been passed that requires this action?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 12:48:26 AM »

I don't think any concrete consequences should be in place - it's something they'll have to explain when they are up for re-election.

Would this law change anything, in that case? This is the status quo.

It's not explicitly our job right now is the difference.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 03:40:31 AM »

It is more accountabiltiy then the SoIA would have in any case.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies