U.S. Right Wing giving up on gay marriage, advocating overseas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  U.S. Right Wing giving up on gay marriage, advocating overseas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: U.S. Right Wing giving up on gay marriage, advocating overseas  (Read 2880 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »

So you're okay with murdering and imprisoning gay people?

Indy, you're smarter than this silly false dichotomy stuff

Interesting article on how ultra right wing psychopaths seem to be spreading homophobia overseas as they've basically given up on the western world. 

Also interesting is that they are basically relegating themselves to the extreme third world (Russia, Middle East, and Africa) as they are also starting to lose the battle in the more developed world (Latin America, East Asia).

I guess in a sense it's scary because the extreme third world is gaining in population, whereas the civilized world is declining in population.

Perhaps this will be the model for World War 3:

Intelligent, educated, non-religious countries (U.S., Europe, East Asia, Latin America) vs. the wastelands (Russia, Africa, Middle East).

Not sure why I turned this topic into a world war scenario, I just think that's how it will eventually go and this article coincides with that in the sense that these wasteland countries are taking up a very different agenda than educated countries.

Again I say: Pearl clutching and hyperbole.

Uh, you think people who are trying to kill gay people overseas aren't psychopaths?

Some may be, but psychopathy/sociopathy is a very specific medical diagnosis and not one to throw around lightly.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »

Interesting article on how ultra right wing psychopaths seem to be spreading homophobia overseas as they've basically given up on the western world. 

Also interesting is that they are basically relegating themselves to the extreme third world (Russia, Middle East, and Africa) as they are also starting to lose the battle in the more developed world (Latin America, East Asia).

I guess in a sense it's scary because the extreme third world is gaining in population, whereas the civilized world is declining in population.

Intelligent, educated, non-religious countries (U.S., Europe, East Asia, Latin America) vs. the wastelands (Russia, Africa, Middle East).

Not sure why I turned this topic into a world war scenario, I just think that's how it will eventually go and this article coincides with that in the sense that these wasteland countries are taking up a very different agenda than educated countries.

Uh, you think people who are trying to kill gay people overseas aren't psychopaths?

Some may be, but psychopathy/sociopathy is a very specific medical diagnosis and not one to throw around lightly.
Exactly. Psychopath is an exit- one that lets us call people in Uganda or Russia evil without understanding the root societal causes of their homophobia.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »

Exactly. Psychopath is an exit- one that lets us call people in Uganda or Russia evil without understanding the root societal causes of their homophobia.

We were talking about the right wing American Christians pushing this overseas, not the Russians/Ugandans (although they're dispicable as well).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 01:45:33 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2014, 01:49:10 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Being gay is against the law in most of the African countries, and some even have the death penalty. I guess the right wing is OK with that.

Kind of amazing that when you cross South Africa from some of it's neighbors you go from being able to be imprisoned for being gay to being able to get a gay marriage.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 01:50:28 AM »

Well, that map in interesting. EU, which critizied strongly the Russia law didn't critizied Lithuania, with similar laws.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:00 AM »

Anybody able to explain Mexico in that map? I assume the two dark blues are states, but what's the circles?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:30 AM »

Will they start encouraging American evangelicals to move overseas?

Somalia is essentially run by warlords, so put together an army, and it would be pretty easy to carve out an unrecognized country there.

They already have a few of those, I don't think they need any more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puntland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maakhir
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 01:54:02 AM »

Anybody able to explain Mexico in that map? I assume the two dark blues are states, but what's the circles?

Probably native tribes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 08:57:10 AM »

Probably native tribes.

Cities.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies