what makes everybody think Hillary Clinton will run in 2016??
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:20:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  what makes everybody think Hillary Clinton will run in 2016??
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what makes everybody think Hillary Clinton will run in 2016??  (Read 2628 times)
bluedogsam
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:51:38 AM »

everybody is assuming Hillary Clinton will run for the wh in 2016 but she hasn't given any message or inclintation that she will. so all you Hillary fans don't get your hopes too high because she may fool all of you and not run.
senyor_brownbear
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »

What incentive does she have for making everyone believe she will run, and then end up not running?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:09:41 AM »

No one is going to be afraid of her........I'm still saying she's not running.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »

She may still surprise everyone and say she isn't, but the indication from most observers is that she's prepping for a run.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »

She is going to be 69 years old, out of office for 4 years, and with serious prospect of any future career. She has wanted to be President since she was 7, and this is realistically her last chance. That by itself might not be enough, but the question she will be asking herself is come 2017, how will she feel getting up in the morning and knowing that she will never be President. If she can live happily golfing, going to events, and eating fine meals thats fine, but something tells me she will never forgive herself if she passes it up. And I think she knows that which is why she has to try.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »

She is going to be 69 years old, out of office for 4 years, and with serious prospect of any future career. She has wanted to be President since she was 7, and this is realistically her last chance. That by itself might not be enough, but the question she will be asking herself is come 2017, how will she feel getting up in the morning and knowing that she will never be President. If she can live happily golfing, going to events, and eating fine meals thats fine, but something tells me she will never forgive herself if she passes it up. And I think she knows that which is why she has to try.
Link
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »

Yeah.  She is not just going to be president she is going to be the first female president.  Regardless of how her time in office goes she will be in every children's history book until the end of the Republic.  Why wouldn't you do it?

I wouldn't want to be president but if I was 69 and in that position it's kind of a no brainer.  If she was a multi billionare with a large family and a lot of kids and grandkids sure I could see bowing out and enjoying her money and family.  But she has one adult daughter and that's it.  What else is she going to do with her time?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:44:31 PM »

Yeah.  She is not just going to be president she is going to be the first female president.  Regardless of how her time in office goes she will be in every children's history book until the end of the Republic.  Why wouldn't you do it?

I wouldn't want to be president but if I was 69 and in that position it's kind of a no brainer.  If she was a multi billionare with a large family and a lot of kids and grandkids sure I could see bowing out and enjoying her money and family.  But she has one adult daughter and that's it.  What else is she going to do with her time?

Bake cookies and have teas?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »

Ready for Hillary, Priorities USA, and 56 members of Congress seem to think she's running I think that's a pretty strong sign that she is.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »

I've no idea if Hillary will ultimately run or not. But she's very carefully made sure that if she does run, everything she needs to run well will be in place. Given that, it seems quite likely that she's considering it.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

In my years as a cashier, I am often asked questions that drive me to moments of peak frustration: "There's no tag, how much does it cost?" "Do you have any in the back?" "Do you have any coupons?" "Does another store have it?" "Isn't that supposed to be on sale?"

So I have honed my psychic abilities so that I can answer these questions.
That is why I know Hillary will run in 2016: I'm psychic.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:06:33 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2014, 04:10:00 PM by eric82oslo »

Yeah.  She is not just going to be president she is going to be the first female president.  Regardless of how her time in office goes she will be in every children's history book until the end of the Republic.  Why wouldn't you do it?

I wouldn't want to be president but if I was 69 and in that position it's kind of a no brainer.  If she was a multi billionare with a large family and a lot of kids and grandkids sure I could see bowing out and enjoying her money and family.  But she has one adult daughter and that's it.  What else is she going to do with her time?

This should basically be the official answer. Smiley

Plus she's going to team up with Bill Gates and make him her vice president/running mate. That's the best possible way (and perhaps the only way?) she can keep adding to her legacy of helping the future of the young, poor and powerless girls of the world. Who knows, she might even make Barack Obama her Secretary of State? Or will she prefer Michelle for the post? Tongue Elizabeth Warren could easily end up in her cabinet as well (perhaps as Attorney General or Secretary of the Treasury?).
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

This should basically be the official answer. Smiley

Plus she's going to team up with Bill Gates and make him her vice president/running mate. That's the best possible way (and perhaps the only way?) she can keep adding to her legacy of helping the future of the young, poor and powerless girls of the world. Who knows, she might even make Barack Obama her Secretary of State? Or will she prefer Michelle for the post? Tongue Elizabeth Warren could easily end up in her cabinet as well (perhaps as Attorney General or Secretary of the Treasury?).

She is planning on running but nothing else in this post makes sense.
Angel of Death
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »

Another strong argument in favor of her running, which hasn't been mentioned yet, is that by not making an announcement either way, she has effectively paralyzed the Democratic Party and that if she were to decide not to run after all, she would effectively throw the party into disarray, with their members then needing to hastily realign themselves behind other candidates. I don't see why she would want to damage her party that way.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 03:57:02 PM »

What strikes me about Hillary Clinton's biography is that she seems to have a strong sense of duty - wether it being to her husband, the nation or to her party - so I would be very surprised if she did not feel a sense of duty to run for the presidency - furthermore as others have said she has good chances of winning, would be the first female president and correct the mistakes of Bill's presidency.

I would definitely run if I were in her place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies