Casey +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Casey +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Casey +7  (Read 18567 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: March 19, 2005, 09:09:04 PM »

Retirement or do you plan on him losing?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:26:57 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2005, 04:32:03 PM by nickshepDEM »

note: if I was Santorum, I would hit Casey on judges. If Casey goes with Democrats in filibustering judges, pro-life judges won't be confirmed, thus negating Casey's value as a pro-lifer and keeping that vote with Santorum.

If I was Santorum I would hit Casey on his lack of interest in the U.S. Senate.  In reality Casey does NOT want the job.   He wants to be governor and everyone knows that.  He has already stated that he will not commit to serve a full term if elected.  That alone should make PA voters second guess voting for him.  I have a feeling alot of Democrats are going to be upset with the result of this race.  Im not holding my breath for a Casey victory, thats for sure.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »

I already mentioned that some time ago.  I think that the way Casey launched into this has hurt his credability.

Awwwwwwww, You take credit for everything!  Wink
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 02:09:03 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2005, 02:24:49 PM by nickshepDEM »

Make that "Casey +1"....

By David M. Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A strong challenge to U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum's 2006 re-election bid is taking shape as a new Pittsburgh Tribune-Review poll shows the incumbent Republican running neck-and-neck with Democratic state Treasurer Robert P. Casey Jr.  The statewide Keystone Poll shows Casey, who has announced he will oppose Santorum, edging the two-term incumbent senator by 44 percent to 43 percent -- a statistical dead heat -- among 459 registered voters, with 13 percent undecided. The survey released Monday has a margin for error of 4.6 percentage points.

"These candidates start out relatively even," said Keystone Poll Director G. Terry Madonna. "This is the marquee Senate race in the country next year, and it's going to be an old-fashioned barn-burner."

"Everybody expects it to be hard-fought and very competitive," he said

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_315859.html
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2005, 02:31:49 PM by nickshepDEM »

Wouldn't that be +1?

This poll, by the way, seems much more in line with reality than the previous two.

Yeah, WTF was I thinking?

Anyway, here is what a PA resident I spoke with today had to say about this poll....

"You're right, Terry Madonna is one of the best, if not the best, pollsters in the state. He had Kerry winning PA very close to the actual margin." - member at another forum.

I trust this poll much more than any of the recent polls put out by the DSCC.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 02:46:01 PM »

Ever think it may be a Richard Mellon-Scaife bias CONSIDERING HE OWNS THE FREAKIN' PAPER AND IS RABIDLY REPUBLICAN!!!  Consider the source before you make such comments.

Franklin and Marshall College conducted the poll.  I spoke with a PA Democrat at DU today and he had this to say...

"Franklin and Marshall College has an excellent repuation in the state of PA."

"Terry Madonna is one of the best, if not the best, pollsters in the state. He had Kerry winning PA very close to the actual margin."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies