The Office of Cassius - At-Large Ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:36:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Cassius - At-Large Ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Office of Cassius - At-Large Ambassador  (Read 4457 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:41 AM »

Well, I'm back. But, that would not have been possible without the help of all those who gave me a preference on their ballot, especially those who preferenced me first. To all of you, I extend my heartiest thanks. Nonetheless, to those who did not vote for me, I still congratulate you, as you showed up to vote in this election also, and that's the most important thing. Anyway, we now here calls from some outside the region to disband it, calling it dead, and even saying that its the 'perfect region to dissolve'. I say no to this! I say no! This is a great region, indeed we all know in our hearts that the Mideast is simply the greatest region in Atlasia! We have lower unemployment than any other region in this country! We may have fallen into a period of declining political activity, but this can be reversed! Be of good cheer, and let us show to the world why the Mideast must survive! Thank you!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 05:57:30 AM »

Following the decision of DC al Fine to resign his Senate seat, I am notifying that I'm prepared to run in the special-election for this seat. Once the date of that election is announce, I will formally announce my candidacy for the Mideast regional seat.
Cassius,
There won't be any "special election". There will be an appointement.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best,
VP WJ
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:11 AM »

Following the decision of DC al Fine to resign his Senate seat, I am notifying that I'm prepared to run in the special-election for this seat. Once the date of that election is announce, I will formally announce my candidacy for the Mideast regional seat.
Cassius,
There won't be any "special election". There will be an appointement.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best,
VP WJ

Thanks for correcting me there Windjammer.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »

I'm asking you to reject the appointment. I'm not taking the appointment to the assembly to replace any of you.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »

Congratulations, Cassius. You'll be a fantastic senator.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »

Let's reject the Bicameral Birthing Amendment

My friends. In due course, the Mideast is to hold a vote upon the bicameral birthing amendment, an amendment which, whilst good in its attentions, sets its sights upon tearing apart the Mideast and feeding it to the wolves that surround us; the libertarian loony land that is the Northeast, the semi-communist Midwest and last, though not least, the largely agreeable South. Now, I oppose this bill, because I am a firm believer that, given time, this region, whatever its current problems can be made to work, and that its unique way of life and political system can be preserved. The Bicameral Birthing Amendement threatens to sweep away any chance of revival via consolidation. We shall be broken up, scattered to the four winds, and lost to the abyss of history. Do you really want that, good citizens of the Mideast? Do you? Because I don't, and I'm going to vote to defeat this amendment. Will you all join me? Thank you.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2014, 03:33:00 AM »

Let's reject the Bicameral Birthing Amendment

My friends. In due course, the Mideast is to hold a vote upon the bicameral birthing amendment, an amendment which, whilst good in its attentions, sets its sights upon tearing apart the Mideast and feeding it to the wolves that surround us; the libertarian loony land that is the Northeast, the semi-communist Midwest and last, though not least, the largely agreeable South. Now, I oppose this bill, because I am a firm believer that, given time, this region, whatever its current problems can be made to work, and that its unique way of life and political system can be preserved. The Bicameral Birthing Amendement threatens to sweep away any chance of revival via consolidation. We shall be broken up, scattered to the four winds, and lost to the abyss of history. Do you really want that, good citizens of the Mideast? Do you? Because I don't, and I'm going to vote to defeat this amendment. Will you all join me? Thank you.
The Mideast was torn apart months ago when the competitiveness of the region effectively died back around February of this year. That and your Governor is nowhere to be found.

The only thing communist about the MW btw is our Regional Senator. Historically, it is a communist region, but it's sporadically become less and less of one over time, and by expanding this region's opportunities beyond Labor to other enthusiastic office seekers, we're turning this around into an acceptable, moderate region which is what it should be. Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2014, 04:05:14 AM »

the libertarian loony land that is the Northeast, the semi-communist Midwest and last, though not least, the largely agreeable South.

At least they have functioning governments.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »

Richmond, Virginia, the Mideast

Good afternoon everybody, and thank you for coming out on this fine Summer's day to listen to my blather. Well, I suppose its important blather, for I am here to announce my candidacy for election in my own right to the Mideast regional Senate seat. That may seem like a long way off, but, before we know it, October will be upon us, and with it a tranche of elections, including the Presidential election itself.

Now, my main goal in the Senate is to represent the Mideast to the best of my ability. I have, I hope, taken an active approach to Senate affairs, doing my best to contribute to debate, vote and, on occasion, introduce bills of my own. If you would be generous enough to vote for me in the next election, I promise you that I will continue to try and play an active role in the Senate.

So, what do I stand for? Well, I stand for stability and continuity. Atlasia does not need radical change. It does not need broad swathes of industry nationalised. It does not need the legalisation of polygamy and hard drugs. No, what it needs is solid, dependable governance, of the sort that focuses upon the key issues facing ordinary Atlasians; delivering effective and efficient government services, ensuring that the streets are kept safe and creating a welcoming environment for investment, in order to maintain the jobs we have and to hopefully create new ones.

The same goes for foreign affairs. In an increasingly unstable world, Atlasia must make itself a pillar of strength and stability. We must maintain and reinforce our military, and work to solidify our existing alliances, to meet the threats that lie abroad. We must not succumb to utopian ideals of disarmament and world governance, for these are will o the wisps, and no good will come of blind belief in them in the name of 'progress'.

To sum up, the next elections will present the voters of the Mideast, and Atlasia as a whole, with a choice. It will be a choice between safety and stability in the form of Federalist policies and ideas, and the untried and untested direction that Labor wishes for the nation to go in, one of collectivism and libertinism. I stand in opposition to that agenda, and I hope that I will earn the votes of the people of the Mideast come the election.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »

Endorsed!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

Thanks TJ! I'm glad to have you on my side.

Anyway, I'm open to questions on policy if anybody feels the need for clarification.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »

Senator,

I know we don't exchange as much words as I would like (given our natural opposition), but I think it is best that I just tell you in person honestly what I think of you.  And it is a few simple words:

You! CAN'T! WIN! DAMN IT!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »

Senator,

I know we don't exchange as much words as I would like (given our natural opposition), but I think it is best that I just tell you in person honestly what I think of you.  And it is a few simple words:

You! CAN'T! WIN! DAMN IT!

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »

Statement by Senator Cassius on the Presidential bid of Senator Lumine

Well, its lovely to see all of you good people come out here to listen to what I have to say. As you may have heard, today, Senator Lumine, a colleague and, I hope, friend of mine announced his intention to stand in next month's Presidential election. Now, make no mistake my friends, the time has come, to choose. Atlasia stands at a fork in the road; if we turn one way, we turn onto the path of Senator TNF and radical Labor, the agenda of which should be familiar to all those present. Guillotines in public places, the flames of class warfare being fanned incessantly, withdrawal from the world and into isolation, as these forces strive to overturn Atlasian society as it is presently constituted and remake it in a Marxist mould.

However, there is another way, and that way is represented by Lumine. It is a path towards stability and prosperity, an Atlasia where both employer and employee are the best of chums; a confident Atlasia which is not afraid to stand up and make a difference in a world beset by chaos and instability, a towering pillar of strength, ever ready to defend its interests and those of international stability. A vote for Lumine is a vote for stability and prosperity, both at home and abroad.

This election is an important one, one that the forces of stability need to win, in order to beat back those of chaos and malaise. Lumine is the candidate of stability, and he must be elected to the Presidency. I'm with him, and I hope you are too. So, let us all rise and follow Lumine, all the way up to October and beyond!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »

Just as a friendly reminder to my fellow Mideast citizens, elections for the Governorship and the Assembly are currently underway, and thus I urge you to at the very least vote, and, if your inclined that way, to vote for Governor TJ and Assemblyman Hifly, the Federalist party's officially listed candidates. The green shoots of revival are growing under the auspices of Governor TJ, Lieutenant Governor Tmthforu and Speaker Hifly, and I urge you to re-elect them to their offices.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

Speech by Cassius on Matt...

Chicago, Illinois

So, good citizens of the Mideast, it appears that the man who is purporting to be a candidate for the Northeast Senate seat has finally emerged from his latest debauch in the fleshpots of the Northeast to begin his campaign in earnest. Except, he seems to have, shall we say, mislaid his region, for instead he has spent the last days swanning about our beautiful region, spreading disingenuous rubbish about the good citizenry of the Mideast. Whether its simply the affect of his incessant drug-fuelled orgies, or simply a bad satnav, its clear that he has a bit of a bee in his bonnet about the Mideast.  He lambasts us for our supposed backwardness, invoking the recent bill promoting marriage that was passed by the Assembly. I say, that bill needs some work, but it will be dealt with in the Mideast, with a Mideastern solution to a Mideastern issue.

Moreover, I tell him now, if he wants to campaign for the Senate in the Mideast, then he should run for the Senate in the Mideast. Then we'll see how his message of unrestricted abortion, 'pig' bashing, attacks on religion and general loucheness fair with the people of the Mideast. We Mideasteners like our stability; we like to support sane, sober candidates, who believe in the rule of law and in the role of the state, when it is prudent, in protecting individuals from their more foolish impules. I would, in fact, go as far to challenging Matt to a debate, if it would not rob my colleague in the Northeast, Senator Bore, of the opportunity to give this pup a damn good thrashing. So, my message is this, re-elect me, if you someone stand up for this region against those like Matt, who look down on it. Well, as best they can, through the Cannabis fuelled haze.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »

Mr. Sen. Cassius, sir, would you consider homosexuality to be one of our "more foolish impulses"?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 02:16:17 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2014, 02:36:44 AM by Senator Cassius »

Statement on the Thursday night massacre

As I'm sure you are aware, a political crisis has engulfed Atlasia. In what, to me, has been a frankly grotesque political decision, the President has sacked the Game Moderator because he put forth a story that the President was not amenable to. I say, this is a rather unbelievable abuse of office. Not to mention a bizarre one, since this event would have given the President the perfect opportunity to show Atlasia what he is truly made of. The dismissal of the GM for reasons of personal convenience is, so I am led to believe, unprecedented in the history of Atlasia. So, I would argue that here the President is unfortunately, in light of his previous adherence to the letter of the law, guilty of abuse of office, intimidation, dereliction of duty and conduct unbecoming to the office of the President of Atlasia. These constitute just grounds for impeachment. Should no Senator with more seniority in the Senate than I introduce articles of impeachment against President DemPGH, then I shall do it myself.

This state of affairs cannot go, for with this administration it has been one blunder after another, culminating in this. The GM is Atlasia's equivalent of the Pope; in other words, infallible unless he can be proved to be acting out of sheer malice, something which Sirnick is not doing. To dismiss the GM for mere personal convenience is to undermine the credibility of Atlasia and this game, thus, I believe the only options that remain left to the President are resignation or impeachment.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 05:56:32 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2014, 06:13:37 AM by Senator Cassius »

Senator Cassius reviews White Army forces near Columbus

'I have summoned you all here today, for the express purpose of conveying a message to you. Atlasia remains in a state of virtual civil war, and the military remain unable to defeat the factions that seek to bring down the state. Thus, all of you, volunteers from across Atlasia; Mideast, Northeast, Southeast etcetera, I urge you to march on the rebels in the Northeast and help the army restore order there. Too many decent, ordinary civilians have been slain during this conflict for us to stand idly by and watch'.

White Army begin to file off in the direction of the Northeast
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:29 AM »

The Free Republic of Ganonsyoni kindly requests that the White Supremacist Army stop sticking its nose in other people's business. We shall restore order to the entire region, just as we have restored order to Rochester and Montpelier.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »

I would kindly request the Senator to withdraw his White Army from the Northeast Region, and stick to peaceful means. An organization such as this would be very eagerly seen helping out in the humanitarian crisis currently affecting Kansas.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

I would kindly request the Senator to withdraw his White Army from the Northeast Region, and stick to peaceful means. An organization such as this would be very eagerly seen helping out in the humanitarian crisis currently affecting Kansas.

This has been done. White army troops are now withdrawing from the Northeast, and switching over to the providion of aid to those displaced by this horrible civil unrest.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »

The Free Republic of Ganonsyoni is pleased. The Free Republic of Ganonsyoni requests that it be referred to as Ganonsyoni if one does not wish to use the full name, or the FRG if one is that lazy and/or averse to spelling.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »

So, we come to the eve of the election, and I come before you to offer one final speech in favour of my re-election. However, first of all, I would like to strongly all those who vote in tommorrow's election to vote Lumine and SJoyce for the positions of President and Vice-President. Atlasia needs a strong, capable leadership team, and I truly believe that they will be able to provide that strong leadership, the sort of leadership that will bring Atlasia into a new period of stability and prosperity. What Atlasia doesn't need is another left-wing government, pushing the same old ideas that will not work and have never worked. It needs a government that's ready and willing to defend the status quo, whilst simultaneously re-energising that status quo, to make sure that it is fit for purpose. That is why I ask you to vote for Lumine and SJoyce on October 24th; for a stronger, more prosperous and more stable Atlasia.

I now turn to my own campaign. I face two very strong candidates, and thus I urge each and every one of my potential supporters to turn out and give me first, or at least second preference in this poll. I need your support, more than ever now. Its been a tough race, but I hope in my heart that I shall be able to pull through and win. In the meantime, I would just like to reiterate my message one final time. I'm not a man of great intelligence, nor one of great ideas. I'm an ordinary bloke, with a preference for the quiet life. Nonetheless, it appears as though I have been called up to slog through the marsh of Atlasian politics, part of the greater slog through the bog of life. When journeying through this marsh, our ideas, our principles, our morals, all become battered and bruised, as we stumble, fall and climb back up again. Who can say where the end lies, perhaps no-one, nonetheless, as long as I am in this game, I intend to represent the interests of the Mideast - the greatest region of Atlasia - to the best of my ability.

I envision a land in which all people - men, women, rich, poor, black, white, Asian, gay, straight, Christian, Jewish and Muslim, are content with their lot in life, and are at peace, thus fulfilling that dream of social harmony which I believe to be the Lord's desire for his chosen people. We don't want division and anger, the setting of group against group, or section against section, or class against class. We want a stable, prosperous, united Atlasia, both ready to face the threats that lie ahead in an ever changing world whilst, at the same time, remembering the Mos Maiorum, and holding to the Mos Maiorum, that I believe to be so important in maintaining the foundations of a strong society. I believe that this can be done, through the application of practical and conservative principles to governance, and not by veering of to the extremes of socialism and libertarianism. In this election you are faced with a choice, re-elect me and return a safe, solid conservative to office, or take a gamble upon my opponents. I do not bear any ill-will to those who vote against me; I am, after all, not everyone's cup of tea, and I do hope that I, those who support me, and my opponents may some day meet in Heaven and embrace each other as friends. But this is not the time for that, I urge all of my supporters to get to the polls over the next few days and cast their ballots in my favour. Many thanks to all of you, and may the Lord bless each and every one of you with long life and good fortune. Thank you.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »

Are you aware that Mechaman has challenged you to a duel?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies