The Truman Building: The Department of State - [Resignation but not now]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:26:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Truman Building: The Department of State - [Resignation but not now]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Truman Building: The Department of State - [Resignation but not now]  (Read 6141 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2015, 10:12:50 PM by Sec. of State Superique »

Welcome to the Truman Building!

Common Citizens, the President, the Vice-President and Senators from all across the political spectrum may take your piña-coladas in the lobby while you wait to  meet with the current Secretary of State, Superique. Since there's no committees in the Senate, this thread shall also work as an "unofficial" committee to Foreign Affairs matters, any concerns, doubts and requests about Atlasian Security and Diplomacy mat be published here and if the matter is to be kept in secret, just send a PM to your Secretary that it will happily answer you.

Don't forget to check out the official newspaper of the SoS, the International Tribune, where the major international developments are announced. Speeches and other "legal" announcements shall, however, be kept under this thread.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »

Are the honorable gentlemen reading the news reports that I've been writting?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »

I've been reading the updates Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

I'm glad that someone is reading Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:43 PM »

Superique’s Schedule – February 9th Week

Superique will visit strategic Arab countries from the Middle East to recognize Israel as a sovereign state and the return to normal economical and diplomatic relations between Israel and those countries after peace talks are done and a Palestinian state is created.  Superique will pull support on an approach based on the Arab Peace Initiative and on other bilateral agreements between Israel and Palestine. In a meeting of the Arab League in Doha, Superique will meet with:

• AL Secretariat Nabil Elaraby
  • President Abbas of Palestinian Authority
  • King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
  • King Abdullah II of Jordan
  • Emir Al Thani of Qatar
  • King Hamad bin Isa of Bahrain
  • Prime-Minister al-Maliki of Iraq
  • Acting President Adly Mansour of Egypt
  • Kuwait Emir Al-Sabah of Kuwait
  • President Bouteflika of Algeria
  • President Hadi of Yemen
  • Sultan Al-Said of Oman
  • President Suleiman of Lebanon
  • President Aziz of Mauritania
  • King Mohamed IV of Morocco

Superique wanted Israeli’s PM presence in the event but organizing countries did not see this as a good timing due to instabilities in Israel and the presence of many leaders that don’t relate well with Israel.

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »

Important developments on Foreign Situation - Week Review Published.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »

Two Important things happened this week: Uganda and Ukraine. The Department of State will post Atlasian positions on that matters soon.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »

The Department of State
Atlasian Public Opinion – Superique’s Open Letter

Superique's statement on Uganda Anti-Gay Legislation

The current efforts to repress homosexuals in Uganda have called for Atlasian reprimand. As the main line of our Foreign Policy is the protection and promotion of Human Rights, Atlasian authorities will not tolerate any kind of excess of violence and it won’t accept being quiet about the current injustices that are happening on this African country. Just as we are not happy with countries that prohibit a particular sexual orientation, we shall not agree with a nation that harm, exclude and accepts aggression of homosexuals on its lands either.

The United Nations Charter allows nations to have their own laws and allows citizens to define their own rules, but sovereignty and the right of self-determination principles are only valid when the universal human rights are also respected. Since the approval of anti-gay legislation, Uganda has been gradually becoming a criminal state; a state that, despite already living the disaster of bloodbaths, unfortunately insists on the path of solving things with aggression, violence and irrationality.  The world has already been too lenient with precedent human right abuses, even after Hitler’s Holocaust, humanity still lives with the regular threat of seeing a massive killing. 

We cannot watch Musseveni actions and remain silent against this unacceptable attitude. The world shall not be a place of oppression and those kinds of threats are no longer acceptable. That’s why the Atlasian Senate needs to approve further sanctions against the Ugandan Government and that’s why I have called other nations of the world to freeze Ugandan assets and sanction this nation.  Musseveni and his allies need to understand that this is not acceptable. Atlasians authorities have provided the Ugandan Government with all the information necessary to show that sexual orientation is not a choice and now it’s time to Musseveni to retreat from his attempts to further anti-homosexual. Atlasia and its people will not accept these actions and we condemn anyone that follows the Ugandan example.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:22 PM »

Greetings,

The SoEA has appointed yours truly as Special Envoy for the Ukrainian crisis.

My first action in this role will be a preparatory talk with the other G7 members about moving the next G8 summit to Schloss Elmau. If they agree, we shall do so.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »

Wow, the most pacific and anti-militarist of Atlasia sent in Ukraine? I will pray for Ukrainians.

Seriously, are you still opposed to any intervention?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »

Military intervention in Ukraine is a foolhardy idea at this stage. I'm not willing to risk a military confrontation with Russia. We have a variety of ways of addressing this issue, including through sanctions and actions in international institutions, that won't run the risk of provoking war.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »

Military intervention in Ukraine is a foolhardy idea at this stage. I'm not willing to risk a military confrontation with Russia. We have a variety of ways of addressing this issue, including through sanctions and actions in international institutions, that won't run the risk of provoking war.
Intervention, not especially military intervention.
What do you plan to do if they totally annex Ukraine?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 07:27:26 PM »

Intervention, not especially military intervention.

That's something that will be discussed at the emergency NATO meeting in Brussels today.

What do you plan to do if they totally annex Ukraine?

That is not within the realm of plausible outcomes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »

I couldn't agree more.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 08:27:48 AM »

The G8 summit will take place at a location outside of Russia, and the expulsion of said member from the Group will be on the agenda for that session. We have suspended all talks with Moscow over matters not related to the current crisis, including the NATO-Russia Council. I will be flying to Kiev to meet with Ukrainian leadership, while also meeting with our allies in Eastern Europe to reassure our commitment to their defense. We have also set aside 300,000 refugee visas to provide asylum for all those who may flee persecution from the Russian occupying forces.

The following individuals shall have their assets frozen and visas banned until a permanent solution to the crisis has been reached.
      For supporting the invasion of a nation in contravention of international law: Len Blavatnik, Alisher Usmanov, Mikhail Fridman, Viktor Vekselberg, German Khan, Alexey Mordashov, Vladimir Yevtushenkov, Andrei Skoch, Oleg Deripaska, Roman Abramovich, Alexander Mamut, and Ziyavudin Magomedov.
      For supporting and assisting the Yanukovych regime: Dmytro Tabachnyk, Serhiy Arbuzov, Vitaliy Zakharchenko, Oleksandr Yefremov, Andriy Klyuyev, Hennadiy Kernes, Mikhail Dobkin, Viktor Pshonka, Olena Lukash, Yurly Boyko, Leonid Kozhara, Mykola Azarov, Oleksandr Layrynovych, Viktor Yanukovych, and other ministers of the Yanukovych and Azarov governments.
      For attempting to lead the illegitimate Crimean government: Sergey Aksyonov (‘Prime Minister of Crimea’), Vladimir Konstantinov (‘Speaker of the Crimean Parliament’), Rustam Temirgaliev, Mayor Aleksei Chalyi, Pavel Gubarev, and Admiral Denis Berezovsky.
      For planning and executing the invasion of Crimea: Alexander Zaldostanov, General V. F. Margelov of the 76th Guards Air Assault Division, General Alexander Kolpachenko of the Russian Naval Infantry, Colonel Vadim Pankov of the 45th Detached Reconnaisance Regiment, Admiral Aleksandr Vitko of the Black Sea Fleet, General Igor Sergun of the GRU, Minister of Defense Sergey Shoygu, and Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »

Opinion of the return of Timochenko Sjoyce?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »

I'm glad to see that Ms. Tymoshenko was released, just as I'm happy to see the release of any political prisoner convicted in an unfair trial. I admire her previous work for democracy, and I sincerely wish her a speedy and successful recovery from her operation.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »

Israel and Palestine have signed a Framework Deal in Lisbon. The specifics have been outlined in the International Tribune. I suspect that most Senators may be curious about the current situation in Israel and Palestine and I'm totally open for questions, interviews or anything that can make me happier =P
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »

Mr. Secretary, what are current developments of the crisis in Crimea? I wish to pass an aid package for Ukraine if my resolution passes the Senate, but I am unsure if the current events (like the increase in Russian oil prices) are the same as in OTL.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

Mr. Secretary, what are current developments of the crisis in Crimea? I wish to pass an aid package for Ukraine if my resolution passes the Senate, but I am unsure if the current events (like the increase in Russian oil prices) are the same as in OTL.

I'll give you my feedback later, I would have to ask mainly our Special Envoy Sjoyce, but I'm not sure if he is available... Sorry for not being so detailed about the Crimean Crisis...
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »

Official Communique of the Secretary of External Affairs

Mr. Sjoyce has told me that he wouldn't be able to keep it up as Special Envoy, it's for this reason that I'm appointing a very capable substitute. Congratulations, Mr. Lumine! You shall attend the Senate Meetings by Skype because I've bought you already a ticket to Kiev!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »

I thank SoEA Superique for appointing me as the new Special Envoy, and I am currently on my way to Kiev to hold a meeting with the government regarding the recent situation in Donetsk and to address the whole crisis as well. I will make a more official statement in my Senate office, and I promise to keep Atlasia updated on my efforts to aid the Ukranian government.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »

Hello from  A PREDECESSOR!!!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »

Hello Clarence, it's a pleasure to have you here. Sit down, take a sandwich and have some tea!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »

Official Communique of the Department of External Affairs

The Department of External Affairs is changing the status of relations between Atlasia and the Russian Federation. Due to Russian disobedience of the International Law, due to Russian Aggression of Ukrainian Sovereignty and due to Russian lack of willingness to find a diplomatic solution for the current Ukrainian Crisis, the current partial military restrictions for Russia are hereby raised to full military restrictions. Following the guidelines from previous Foreign Policy Reviews, that means the following :

SOEA Directive #1 - No military equipment of any nature may be sold privately or by Atlasia, i.e. no uniforms, guns, vehicles, nothing to Russia.

All private entities that disobey this order shall face proper judicial prosecution and financial punishments. Russian authorities have been properly informed about this policy change. The Department of External Affairs reaffirms that it was never its first option to take this decision but Russian complete lack of response and cooperation was the reason that encouraged this embargo.    

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies