IL-Gov: Rutherford in scandal mode, accuses Rauner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov: Rutherford in scandal mode, accuses Rauner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IL-Gov: Rutherford in scandal mode, accuses Rauner  (Read 5901 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »

This is turning into a circus. ILGOP is throwing this away.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-31/news/chi-rutherford-investigating-employee-allegation-blames-rauner-20140131_1_dan-rutherford-bruce-rauner-state-treasurer
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

FIFY
Tutankhuman Bakari Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2014, 12:33:01 PM by OC »

Speaker Madigan already got in front of GOP by cutting corporate tax  and spike in min wage, reformist ideas. That alone along with legislative races federal and state will allow Quinn to get by, especially Rauner.
ill ind

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:01:21 PM »

Chicago Tribune headline:

"GOP Governor candidate denies unknown allegations"

Only in Illinois :->

TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »

I'm hoping the Illinois Republicans nominate State Treasurer Dan Rutherford as their nominee for Governor
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:05:35 PM »

Okay I'm not familiar with Illinois state politics, but who's the most electable nominee for the GOP?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:25:28 PM »

Okay I'm not familiar with Illinois state politics, but who's the most electable nominee for the GOP?

Dillard is the only one. Brady is just awful, Rutherford is in a scandal, and Rauner wants to decrease the minimum wage.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

By most pundit's analysis Dillard, who lost to Brady by 193 votes in the primary, would have beaten Quinn in 2010. He has been hurt by Rauner tapping the same Chicago business money sources that would otherwise have gone his way. That leaves Dillard with little money to compete in the primary, though its likely he would have access to the needed funds in a general election.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »

Illinois seriously needs to consider having runoff elections in statewide elections primaries
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »

Okay I've heard elsewhere its Rutherford. Was he before this scandal? Sorry for the questions.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »

Okay I've heard elsewhere its Rutherford. Was he before this scandal? Sorry for the questions.

Rutherford probably also has a good chance in Nov so those other sources are probably ok. He did win statewide in 2010.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 11:18:37 PM »

In my opinion, it is Rutherford. Dillard is a moderate-leaner but not as independent as Rutherford is.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »

Speaker Madigan already got in front of GOP by cutting corporate tax  and spike in min wage, reformist ideas. That alone along with legislative races federal and state will allow Quinn to get by, especially Rauner.

Quinn's numbers are awful.  He's trailing every potential challenger.  Very rarely does an incumbent ever recover from that.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »

Just like they did in 2010.

In my opinion, it is Rutherford. Dillard is a moderate-leaner but not as independent as Rutherford is.

By most pundit's analysis Dillard, who lost to Brady by 193 votes in the primary, would have beaten Quinn in 2010. He has been hurt by Rauner tapping the same Chicago business money sources that would otherwise have gone his way. That leaves Dillard with little money to compete in the primary, though its likely he would have access to the needed funds in a general election.

I remember polls showing Dillard trailing Quinn in general election matchups, so I kind of doubt that.  Anyway, I hope these charges aren't true and Rutherford recovers.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »

Quinn's numbers are awful.  He's trailing every potential challenger.  Very rarely does an incumbent ever recover from that.

It happened in 2010.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2014, 11:01:38 PM by angryGreatness »

Rutherford and a 28-year-old male staffer (not the same one who is currently suing him for sexual harassment) spent a combined 32 days overseas on "educational trips" to China, Israel, and Korea. Rutherford and the staffer both received a salary while overseas. Rutherford did not bring any other staffers on these trips, and this amount of globe-trotting is not the standard for an Illinois treasurer (The previous treasurer, who served three terms, has said she never left the country for official state business).

I doubt it would hurt him too much in the general (Personally, I don't think he did anything wrong and Rauner is a homophobic ass), but I'd say he's done in the primary.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »

Yeah, that staffer is definitely straight. He has a cell phone holster.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 07:31:11 AM »

Meanwhile, Quinn is gleefully watching the Republicans beat the crap out of each other
bluedogsam
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »

the GOP candidates here in Illinois will destroy each other and Quinn will use this as his campaign and probably win. the only Republican who can beat Quinn is i would say Rauner but lately he is saying one thing and meaning another--not a good way to win an election--the labor unions here in Illinois are ready to go against Rauner in a big way. i will predict Quinn will win.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 08:16:44 AM »

In other words, Quinn is staying in the Executive Mansion until 2018-ugh.

Nobody likes Quinn, who has crappy approval ratings
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »

The Dems have Prez Obama and Dick Durbin already in office. 2016 will be the yr to wipe the sleight clean with new leadership. Then, Madigan will be the front runner for gov or senate whichever one she chooses, it's a go.

But Speaker Madigan runs Spingfield and prevent a GOP takeover.
bluedogsam
Rookie
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 09:01:54 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2014, 09:41:27 AM by bluedogsam »

Illinois is a blue state--any Republican who has any chance at winning the governorship here in Illinois has to run as a moderate--here in Cook county is where the biggest votes come out of--the Cook county suburbs USED to be Republican years ago but that has changed thru the years. you got the Cook county Democrat party which turns out the big vote totals and the Republican party in Cook county is non existant-- even though 2014 is supposed to be a Gop year here in Illinois it won't be. Dick Durbin will win easily against weak and comical Gop candidates--Quinn will be re-elected because the Gop candidates are taking each other down in the primary election.
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Kirk Dillard has the credentials that would allow him to carry the Collared counties to beat Quinn. Brady and Rauner won't.
bluedogsam
Rookie
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 12:46:34 PM »

Dillard won't even win the primary--from what i heard he hasn't got the $$$ like Rauner to be competitive. the only chance the gop has here in Illinois to beat Quinn is Rauner--the problem with Rauner is his big mouth--he switched stands on the minimum wage. either way the labor unions can't wait to go against Rauner. forget Dillard--he's toast.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

Rauner is not homophobic, first of all. I don't support him, but he has said that he would have signed the same-sex marriage bill that Quinn signed a few months ago.

That said, there are some signs of misconduct here, and also southern IL conservatives will jump at the idea that Rutherford is gay.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies