I think it's time we had another talk about the krazen situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I think it's time we had another talk about the krazen situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: I think it's time we had another talk about the krazen situation  (Read 5299 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »

Something I never got about krazen is his obsession with white voters. E.g, he gave us this gem today:

I don't like Harper, and the Obama approvals seem way off. So I'm still OK with this race.

White flight from the Democratic party can result in such approvals.

Its not even factually right. Comparing October 2013 to October 2012, there are now about 5K less registered Republicans in IA and 5K more Democrats.

Clearly, all he's trying to do here is get a reaction.

Yeah, which is why giving him the attention he craves is a bad idea.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »

Something I never got about krazen is his obsession with white voters. E.g, he gave us this gem today:

I don't like Harper, and the Obama approvals seem way off. So I'm still OK with this race.

White flight from the Democratic party can result in such approvals.

Its not even factually right. Comparing October 2013 to October 2012, there are now about 5K less registered Republicans in IA and 5K more Democrats.

Clearly, all he's trying to do here is get a reaction.

I mean I'm all down for banning him and more bans in general but why not put him on Ignore though?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »

I love that he makes a point of saying "Mr. Romney" or "Senator McConnell" but will call Obama "Barry."

Mr. Romney won Kentucky by 22 points. It is not particularly likely that such a state would produce an electorate that only voted for Mr. Romney by a mere 16 points in the 2014 elections.

PPP's prior poll of course had that Grimes in the lead.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »

Is this what you're insinuating?

This is disgusting: How can you not justify this as trolling and/or borderline racist?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

I'll just leave this exchange here.

I didn't know that Abraham Lincoln himself quorum-busted in his time! I wonder if krazen believes that Lincoln 'loathe[d] the democratic process'. Of course, Lincoln was a very great man and was, of course, the greatest American President, so krazen's answer has, of course, obvious implications for whether or not he is a Real American.

Are you not aware of Lincoln's unilateral suspension of Habeas Corpus and ex Parte Merryman? Of course he hated the democratic process. Not unlike Barry.

Obviously not everybody who holds this view of Lincoln is a disgusting, racist, crypto-Francoist slime mold, but coming from somebody with krazen's track record it's a little concerning.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2013, 05:51:37 PM »

I'll just leave this exchange here.

I didn't know that Abraham Lincoln himself quorum-busted in his time! I wonder if krazen believes that Lincoln 'loathe[d] the democratic process'. Of course, Lincoln was a very great man and was, of course, the greatest American President, so krazen's answer has, of course, obvious implications for whether or not he is a Real American.

Are you not aware of Lincoln's unilateral suspension of Habeas Corpus and ex Parte Merryman? Of course he hated the democratic process. Not unlike Barry.

Obviously not everybody who holds this view of Lincoln is a disgusting, racist, crypto-Francoist slime mold, but coming from somebody with krazen's track record it's a little concerning.

Party of Lincoln, ugh.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »

Ever since Grumps notified us that karzen was posting just to push the buttons of those who disagree with him, I don't mind.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »

Ever since Grumps notified us that karzen was posting just to push the buttons of those who disagree with him, I don't mind.

Good man. Krazen is getting everything he wants from this forum. I like him because he's transparent and has a huge set of stones.  
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2013, 11:53:04 PM »

I like him because he's transparent and has a huge set of stones. 

They're typically not meant to be located inside the skull, however.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2013, 01:00:48 AM »

I like him because he's transparent and has a huge set of stones. 

They're typically not meant to be located inside the skull, however.

Fair point. The guy doesn't mind taking sh**t though. Probably furthering your point.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »

Just posting this because I looked for the trolling and didn't see it... it's an actual contribution.

I was thinking the other day if NJ will require a 3rd VRA district maybe in the early 2030's because of the growth of the Hispanic Heavy Hudson County Suburbs.
That's particularly interesting, considering that a majority-black district may soon be impossible in NJ.

It seems like there's a broader trend of fewer majority-black districts, as residential segregation decreases and African-Americans become less concentrated in inner cities/the black belt. In the meantime, Hispanic-majority districts will become necessary, as the latino % of the population rises. That latter trend will be interesting, particularly because it'll necessitate a lot of close judicial examination of this question (which has already been big in TX): What % is necessary for Latinos to elect their candidate of choice?

Well, Sires' current district is 54.5% Hispanic, but the previous incarnation was below 50 percent and pretty consistently elected the Hispanic candidate of choice for some time (Menendez, then Sires).  I don't think you need to pack too heavily for the Hudson County district- but in many other areas you might.

Pascrell's current district will get less and less white over time, but the Hispanic population is sufficiently dispersed (yes, you have the urban centers of Paterson and Passaic and such, but a lot of the Hispanic growth is in the suburbs) that a second majority district is quite aways off.

I wonder if at some point there will be calls for an Asian-opportunity district based in Middlesex; that's a future scenario that I find more interesting.

Is there any evidence of racial bloc voting in the NJ suburbs among Hispanic and Asians? More particularly is there any evidence of bloc voting by whites to oppose the preferred candidate of the minority. If not, then the calls for such districts may be no more than asking the commission to consider a community of interest based on an ethnic group.

Such a district arises through neutral redistricting principles in any case merely by linking like minded towns directly along the Northeast Corridor/Route 1/Route 27.

Middlesex County could have been cleaved east/west rather than north/south as it was. But the GOP decided that Pallone should have a safe district.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2014, 11:07:12 AM »

Just posting this because I looked for the trolling and didn't see it... it's an actual contribution.

Krazen is very knowledgeable about redistricting and can be a valuable contributor in that field when he wants to be.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »

His contributions on that board have quite good according to many.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »

Looks like krazen's cleaned up his act a bit since getting put on mod review.  Hopefully he gets the message now.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »

Looks like krazen's cleaned up his act a bit since getting put on mod review.  Hopefully he gets the message now.

Thank you Fr. Scott. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2014, 12:41:24 PM by MilesC56 »

Krazen is very knowledgeable about redistricting and can be a valuable contributor in that field when he wants to be.

Exactly. When he wants to be. You don't see any other smart posters go around agreeing that the President is a subhuman mongrel and comparing poor people to animals. It's blatantly trolling, which is grounds for banning IIRC. The name calling and general negativity that his trolling brings about outweighs any of his fewer posts that are actually good. Even with those, there are usually nudges at those he disagrees with. Can someone please explain to me how that fits into "Dave's vision"?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Wait krazen got put on mod review? When?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »

After concurring with Ted Nugent that Obama was a "subhuman mongrel."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »

After concurring with Ted Nugent that Obama was a "subhuman mongrel."

I wonder if chose only one of those words how much it would have cost him.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies