Opinion of Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:58:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Hillary Clinton?
FF
HP
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of Hillary Clinton  (Read 2958 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 04:00:09 PM »

I don't see how the magazine cover is sexist. I also don't see how calling her "Hillary" is sexist. It's the same reason people call Jeb Bush "Jeb".
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »

A corporate Walmart Democratic politician. HP.

corporate hack/shill, very corrupt, no dice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »

There's a difference between 70 and 39.

Is that a good difference? Wasn't 'Clinton fatigue' one of the many reasons discussed for the failure of her 2008 campaign? It'd make sense that, with a larger apparatus than in 2008 and more media attention, that that fatigue could be even more amplified come 2016.

The important difference is that I'm not willing to condemn the entire GOP 2016 field. It's still a few years out, and it's far too soon to be making assumptions about candidate strength or the relative horribleness of the GOP's nominee.

Well, I'd bet my life that none of the 3 you listed will be the nominee. And since Christie was likely the furthest left of the likely contenders, the eventual nominee will almost certainly be to his right.

Rand Paul, then, or Daniels, or Thune, or Bush. Not an ideal list of choices, but not 'horrible' either.

In 2008 Obama just had to convince people who had reservations about Hillary and weren't supporting her. In 2016, whoever will need to take away over 20%+ of the support Clinton already has. Quite a big difference, especially for a candidate like Schweitzer or O'Malley who won't have anywhere near the star power or appeal that Obama did.

You'd support Rand Paul over Hillary?

How solid is Hillary's support, though? Are they supporting her because the genuinely like her and agree with her over the other options? Or is it because they view her as the most electable Democrat, or she's just the only name they recognize? We have a good few years for star power and appeal to fluctuate.

Yes, of course. One of the few Republicans I like (the others - Daniels, Bush, Thune - were just 'not-horrible' names) against one of the few Dems I dislike. I'd certainly vote Paul over Hillary if they were the only two options on the ballot.

Well, considering more people want a CONSERVATIVE alternative to Hillary rather than a liberal one, I'd say she's in pretty good shape for the primary.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

How solid is Hillary's support, though? Are they supporting her because the genuinely like her and agree with her over the other options? Or is it because they view her as the most electable Democrat, or she's just the only name they recognize? We have a good few years for star power and appeal to fluctuate.

Yes, of course. One of the few Republicans I like (the others - Daniels, Bush, Thune - were just 'not-horrible' names) against one of the few Dems I dislike. I'd certainly vote Paul over Hillary if they were the only two options on the ballot.

Well, considering more people want a CONSERVATIVE alternative to Hillary rather than a liberal one, I'd say she's in pretty good shape for the primary.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That doesn't answer the 'why' question.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »

Lean FF
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2014, 09:12:24 AM »

FF. I will enthusiastically support her in the primary and general election should she decide to run in 2016.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies