The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:07:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23337 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »

Good evening, Federalists.  I am happy to have the opportunity to join your convention today.

For those of you who question why I decided to join your party, I encourage you to read this.

On my recent party change

Good evening.

I wanted to bump this thread to make a brief announcement.  After much contemplation, discussion with party members, and reflection, I have decided to join the membership of the Federalist Party.  This discussion does not come lightly, as it is a move I have been considering for a long time.  Still, my decision to join the party came down to three factors:

One, the decline of influence in smaller "third" parties.
Two, the growing ideological divide between the left and the right.
And three, the way both the two major parties in Atlasia have shaped the environment.

While I respect and admire Labor for many of the policies they have pursued over the years, ultimately I would be very out of place if I were to apply for membership there.  Unlike many in Labor, for example, nationalization of all our economic resources is not a priority of mine, nor is it something I think would work if it were pursued on a grand scale.

With that said, though my party identification has changed, my policies certainly will not.  I will continue to pursue legislation that will alleviate homelessness in our region, I will continue to pursue legislation that will create a fair regulatory framework for our energy economy, and I will continue to pursue legislation that will curb illegal spying activities by any government body.  On that, I will also continue to support candidates who I think have the best ideas and are most qualified for elected office in this game.

While I cannot promise my friends in the Federalist Party that I will always support their candidates, I would like to create a healthy dialogue within my new party and bring my ideas to the table.  I hope that in spite of this change, I will still maintain a healthy, working relationship with members of all parties.

Thank you, and Dave bless.

As I said in my official statement, I hope we can create a mutually respectful and constructive dialogue.  I cannot promise you all that I will be a "reliable foot soldier" or anything like that, but ultimately I believe that the Federalist Party is the most suitable one for me.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

With that said, though my party identification has changed, my policies certainly will not.  I will continue to pursue legislation that will alleviate homelessness in our region, I will continue to pursue legislation that will create a fair regulatory framework for our energy economy, and I will continue to pursue legislation that will curb illegal spying activities by any government body.  On that, I will also continue to support candidates who I think have the best ideas and are most qualified for elected office in this game.

On Homelessness:
Are you guys pursuing something similar to what they did in Utah, or some other approach?

Regulation on Energy:
What did you have in mind?

Illegal Spying:
Our Members with yellow avatars and some with blue are hardly going to be angry about this I would imagine. Wink
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2014, 12:34:30 AM »

If the government does it, it's not illegal.

Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »

On Homelessness:
Are you guys pursuing something similar to what they did in Utah, or some other approach?

The Utah-style policy is exactly what I'm pursuing. Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm still sort of in the brainstorming stage with regard to that.  I've introduced energy/environmental legislation before (MTR ban) and a recent bill I proposed to the IDS Legislature would put a 2% tax on the value of oil and gas production for the development of a board that will both carry out policies we have on our books and promote the conservation of energy resources while developing ways to reduce the cost.  As I understand, however, our energy economy is far more geared toward renewable sources than the United States' is, so this will impact how I pursue future energy policies.

I like to think of that as something that unites members of both parties. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »

Let me know when reaches the floor?

Any plans to pursue this in other regions, like your old NE for example? On thing the Federalist Party needs to get into is advocating for Regional Action on various issues like this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:08 AM »

Any plans to pursue this in other regions, like your old NE for example? On thing the Federalist Party needs to get into is advocating for Regional Action on various issues like this.

Most of my education ideas were already in effect in the Northeast before much of it was scrapped over a month ago.  I'm not quite sure what you mean as far as regional action goes.  I can only do what I can in my capacity as an IDS Legislator...
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »

When the vote on next convention location?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

Most of my education ideas were already in effect in the Northeast before much of it was scrapped over a month ago.  I'm not quite sure what you mean as far as regional action goes.  I can only do what I can in my capacity as an IDS Legislator...

Why was it scrapped?

I understand your present position, Scott. As a national Party though, we can bring ideas to other regions and/or work to press for action through different means even if we are both residents of the IDS.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »

Once we have finished all other business in this convention, the selection of the next city will occur.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »

Why was it scrapped?

I understand your present position, Scott. As a national Party though, we can bring ideas to other regions and/or work to press for action through different means even if we are both residents of the IDS.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186636.0
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »

Interesting set of developments.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

I am going to go ahead adn open the 48 hour period for the nomination of cities to be our next convention site.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2014, 11:52:47 AM »

Denver,  Colorado.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »

Little Rock, Arkansas.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »

Seattle WA
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

Baltimore, MD
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »

With the registrar general officially accepting registrants in Canada, I believe it's time for this party  to properly recognize the contributions of Atlasians living in Canada by holding our convention in Calgary, Alberta, a huge conservative stronghold to our north.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »

Per tradition: Charleston, SC
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »

Calgary, AB
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »

Milwaukee, WI
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »

This eneds tomorrow morning.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:00 AM »

Cities Nominated So Far:
Denver, CO
Little Rock, AR
Seattle, WA
Baltimore, MD
Calgary, AB
Charleston, SC
Milwaukee, WI

There are ten hours remaining to nominate more cities. I will probably be starting the vote tomorrow afternoon or evening sometime.

I want to start the planned policy developement summit tomorrow. I had hoped all the procedural stuff will be out of the way and we could do it here, but since this is to close anyway, I am going to start a new thread for that instead. I encourage all members of the Federalist Party to participate and welcome any and all suggestions. Both Federal and Regional level Policies will be in order as well.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:24 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I am here, before the convention, to apologize to my home, the Federalist Party. I am sorry, my friends, for making a lapse of judgment and abandoning the party that has housed my ideas and welcomed me to the game. This party, my party, the Federalist Party are the people with which my loyalty lies.

Hours earlier, I posted in the New Register Thread something that I quickly came to regret. After its lightning-fast ascendance, I was wooed by members of the People's Party into joining their party for a number of hours. After a healthy dose of realism, I returned to my decision and realized its flaws. I should never have, and I deeply regret that lapse in judgement.

I ask the members of the Federalist Party for their absolute forgiveness, their understanding, and their continued inclusiveness. I hope that, together, we can enact a new age of Atlasian conservatism that is made of bold solutions and big ideas. I thank you for your understanding and look forward to our time together.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I am here, before the convention, to apologize to my home, the Federalist Party. I am sorry, my friends, for making a lapse of judgment and abandoning the party that has housed my ideas and welcomed me to the game. This party, my party, the Federalist Party are the people with which my loyalty lies.

Hours earlier, I posted in the New Register Thread something that I quickly came to regret. After its lightning-fast ascendance, I was wooed by members of the People's Party into joining their party for a number of hours. After a healthy dose of realism, I returned to my decision and realized its flaws. I should never have, and I deeply regret that lapse in judgement.

I ask the members of the Federalist Party for their absolute forgiveness, their understanding, and their continued inclusiveness. I hope that, together, we can enact a new age of Atlasian conservatism that is made of bold solutions and big ideas. I thank you for your understanding and look forward to our time together.

You need not feel shame about this. Enthusiasm for a new party can be powerful. Nor must their be flaws with the People in order to elect to stay with the Federalists as a better option. They are good people I would assume like the other parties and to the extent that we are dealt with by such with honesty and integrity, they will likewise be treated with respect, honesty and cooperation by the Federalist Party.

I would encourage members who might feel compelled to leave us to give us a chance as we begin to pursue a month of activism and energy, to voice their concerns and disagreements so that if they can be resolved, we will exert every effort within reason to do so that we may keep retain their skills, experience and ideas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »

I, personally, fully intend to stick with the Federalist Party, as excited as I am to see the revival of The People's Party.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies