The NRCC is scamming voters out of their money
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The NRCC is scamming voters out of their money
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The NRCC is scamming voters out of their money  (Read 3449 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »

So tell me then, what exactly is the purpose of registering that domain?

To disseminate negative advertisements about Sink to Sink supporters, and to try to dissuade Sink supporters from donating to her -- and in a best-case scenario to donate to the NRCC. It is very obviously targeted toward Sink supporters, but the website doesn't make any show of being pro-Sink and it's ludicrous to suggest it does.

Guess who owns the domain jollyforcongress.com
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »

Apparently they got the idea from the liberals. Fight fire with fire!

No; that kind of stuff has been going on for years (although I don't like that either) on both sides, but there's no misleading contribution page.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »

That actually re-directs to the Democratic Party site, it doesn't ask for donations under a misleading url. Try again.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2014, 03:01:07 PM by True Federalist »

That actually re-directs to the Democratic Party site, it doesn't ask for donations under a misleading url. Try again.
It's quite funny how some of the fools can read a url, but apparently can't read the content on the actual page.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2014, 03:01:42 PM by True Federalist »

It's quite funny how some of the fools can read a url, but apparently can't read the content on the actual page.

Nice dodge. How about admitting the "parallel" you cited was bull and doesn't compare to the OP?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »

No; that kind of stuff has been going on for years (although I don't like that either) on both sides, but there's no misleading contribution page.

It might not be particularly new, no. Things that work are often copied.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »

I like how he noted a significant difference between the examples you were giving and this thread, and you replied like you were agreeing with him, except you completely ignored the significant difference he's observing.

Does this work for you in actual human conversations, or is it just something you think works in text?  It doesn't.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

Thank you for confirming what everybody already knew, but you ignored the actual important part of my post.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »

I like how he noted a significant difference between the examples you were giving and this thread, and you replied like you were agreeing with him, except you completely ignored the significant difference he's observing.

Does this work for you in actual human conversations, or is it just something you think works in text?  It doesn't.

Of course, there is an explicit contribution link right at the bottom. Those observational powers seem be quite selective.

The goalposts will soon shift again. Carry on.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »

Of course, there is an explicit contribution link right at the bottom. Those observational powers seem be quite selective.

Don't you get tired of shifting them, Lucy?  I don't know why you're bothering since there are no Charlie Browns here.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »

The ad is unquestionably negative, and it could confuse nobody about its purpose.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »

The ad is unquestionably negative, and it could confuse nobody about its purpose.

Just like the one the NRCC put up about Sink?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »

Just like the one the NRCC put up about Sink?

A negative ad leaves no question of its purpose. It often has derisive music, cartoonish images of an alternative, mocking music, and some unsettling spin on a vote or on administrative performance. Negative ads are at times legitimate ways to expose extreme positions, incompetence, abuse of power, inexperience, conflicts of interest, or questionable connections. So if a politician trivializes rape or its consequences such is a good reason for many to vote him down. In 2012 Democratic nominees won Senate seats in Indiana and Missouri, states that voted against President Obama by 10%.

A deceptive ad intended to trick people into sending campaign contributions that they think are going to a candidate's campaign fund but are instead going to that candidate's opponent is fraud.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »

1. The "Donate" button is as big as the text making it clear it's an anti-Romney page.
2. When taken to the donation page, the text "HELP DEMOCRATS TODAY" appear in big font at the top, and there is a picture of Barack Obama.

I said "misleading contribution page", and you gave an example of a non-misleading contribution page.  The only goalpost shifting has come from you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies