Opinion of the Atlas Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:06:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Atlas Forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: This had to happen.
Freedom Forum

Horrible Forum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Opinion of the Atlas Forum  (Read 3044 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

FF

I, for one, seemed to avoid the brunt of hazing or whatnot, largely because I don't think I said anything worth making a thread about. With that said, people thought I was a sock for a while precisely because I didn't really seem to out of place here; the coin goes both ways, I suppose.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »

just keeps getting more awful. my opinion on chat is the opposite though (normal)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »

I, for one, seemed to avoid the brunt of hazing or whatnot, largely because I don't think I said anything worth making a thread about. With that said, people thought I was a sock for a while precisely because I didn't really seem to out of place here; the coin goes both ways, I suppose.

I remember having sock accusations thrown at me during my first couple of months as a poster. It's a strange experience.
I never had to deal with that but I specifically remember warm welcomes from the likes of Keystone Phil and Bgwah, so to learn later that they were among the best people here was cool. Phil, that's my pasta brother but bgwah probably hates me for my sig. Such is life.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 12:05:15 AM »

You've got to be pretty funkin stupid to vote HF.  Ok, perhaps stupid is too strong of a word.  You certainly have some mental issues you need to work through.
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: 4.35

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »

I think a bigger problem is this though- The Atlas attracts a very homogenous group of posters- young, white, middle class-upper class men. Thus, it often suffers from a lack of diversity of viewpoints (underrepresented ones include female/feminist views, and to a much lesser extent, social conservatism)...

Well, here I am boys: female and relatively social conservative! Still young, white, and middle class though.

My husband can add to the male tally when I get him to sign up, but he's more conservative than I am.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 12:31:33 AM »

I think a bigger problem is this though- The Atlas attracts a very homogenous group of posters- young, white, middle class-upper class men. Thus, it often suffers from a lack of diversity of viewpoints (underrepresented ones include female/feminist views, and to a much lesser extent, social conservatism)...

Well, here I am boys: female and relatively social conservative! Still young, white, and middle class though.

My husband can add to the male tally when I get him to sign up, but he's more conservative than I am.
Welcome! Smiley Don't let anyone scare you away!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 06:13:50 AM »

I'm with Phil. Pre-2010 was the best era.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »

Atrocius.

If not for the Atlas Forum, we would be somewhere else having sex right now.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »

Correction.  You humpbacked losers are here because you couldn't get laid in a whore house.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »

I vote neutral.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 08:22:48 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2014, 08:30:28 PM by traininthedistance »

I remember having sock accusations thrown at me during my first couple of months as a poster. It's a strange experience.
I never had to deal with that but I specifically remember warm welcomes from the likes of Keystone Phil and Bgwah, so to learn later that they were among the best people here was cool. Phil, that's my pasta brother but bgwah probably hates me for my sig. Such is life.

To be fair your sig is kinda horrible right now.  Not as horrible as your vile slander against obvious Hall of Famer Michael Strahan over in the other thread... but pretty bad all the same.

On a serious note, I agree with Sol.  I wouldn't post here if I didn't like this place, but it certainly has the deficiencies and blind spots that he noted.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2014, 08:39:38 PM by bgwah »

FF

Someone is cocky.

I don't enjoy the forum as much as I used to, nor do I post nearly as often. I think I mostly come here out of habit, to be honest.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

Correction.  You humpbacked losers are here because you couldn't get laid in a whore house.
Who you callin humpbacked  Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 04:15:53 AM »

FF

Someone is cocky.

Ok, fine, maybe I just said dumb things people didn't notice. Tongue
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 12:15:57 AM »

Guest appearance:  has gone further downhill than I could ever imagine.  RIP.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »

Massive FF of course.
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: 4.35

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 01:36:20 AM »

I amend my statement about being "young." After looking through profiles of other posters and seeing how many are in their teens, I must be an old woman by comparison!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »

I amend my statement about being "young." After looking through profiles of other posters and seeing how many are in their teens, I must be an old woman by comparison!
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure we have ever had a female Republican here...btw, your social score in 2014 makes You pretty much top 10 most socially conservative around here but you know your views better than a stupid test. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »

Napoleon obviously wasn't here during the Rin Chan years, I see.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

The Rin-Chan/DWPerry dynamic was such gold. That guy was....special.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »

I've never heard of a Rin Chan so I guess not. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »

The Rin-Chan/DWPerry dynamic was such gold. That guy was....special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLfaiSHRFA
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:16 PM »

FF - Fortunately there hasn't been an "Opinion of Pessimistic Antineutrino" thread yet. Probably because I don't do anything. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »

FF - Fortunately there hasn't been an "Opinion of Pessimistic Antineutrino" thread yet. Probably because I don't do anything. Tongue

Perhaps if you elaborated more on why you don't like neutrinos, you'd gain more respect on the forum.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »

Perhaps if you elaborated more on why you don't like neutrinos, you'd gain more respect on the forum.

I'm not anti-neutrino although they are pretty much pointless. Since they have no charge, and just pass through matter it's pretty much impossible to have an opinion about them one way or another.
Antineutrinos, as far as I'm concerned, don't even exist because there cannot be an opposite of a neutral particle. But it sounds better than "Pessimistic Neutrino or Pessimistic Muon".
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies