Opinion of the Atlas Forum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:07:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Atlas Forum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This had to happen.
Freedom Forum

Horrible Forum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Opinion of the Atlas Forum  (Read 3075 times)
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: 4.35

« on: February 05, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »

I think a bigger problem is this though- The Atlas attracts a very homogenous group of posters- young, white, middle class-upper class men. Thus, it often suffers from a lack of diversity of viewpoints (underrepresented ones include female/feminist views, and to a much lesser extent, social conservatism)...

Well, here I am boys: female and relatively social conservative! Still young, white, and middle class though.

My husband can add to the male tally when I get him to sign up, but he's more conservative than I am.
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:36:20 AM »

I think a bigger problem is this though- The Atlas attracts a very homogenous group of posters- young, white, middle class-upper class men. Thus, it often suffers from a lack of diversity of viewpoints (underrepresented ones include female/feminist views, and to a much lesser extent, social conservatism)...

Well, here I am boys: female and relatively social conservative! Still young, white, and middle class though.

I amend my statement about being "young." After looking through profiles of other posters and seeing how many are in their teens, I must be an old woman by comparison!
Princess Nyan Cat
nyancat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:17:40 AM »

I'm not anti-neutrino although they are pretty much pointless. Since they have no charge, and just pass through matter it's pretty much impossible to have an opinion about them one way or another.

Oh, it's possible.  I think they're great, and just wish there were more of them, so they could explain the dark matter mystery.

There you go--proving no topic is too obscure to argue over! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies