Do you respect Hillary for staying with Bill?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you respect Hillary for staying with Bill?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Hillary staying with Bill despite his cheating lessen your respect for her?
Yes

No, my level of respect for her was not effected by it

No, actually, I respected her for staying

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Do you respect Hillary for staying with Bill?  (Read 457 times)
DevotedDemocrat
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: 0.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:49 AM »

How do you feel about Hillary's tolerance and/or acceptance of Bill's affairs, in that she remained with him even when it became undeniable that he'd cheated on her numerous times? I view it negatively in that she'd rather accept a marriage of convienance rather than forge her success on her own. Most of her fake and popular support comes not really from her own merits or her own greatness but purely because of her visibility as the (albeit outspoken and politically active) First Lady of one of the most beloved and charismatic Presidents of the modern era.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:48:44 AM »

The answer to the thread title is different than the answer to the poll. You should probably fix that. Anyway, I couldn't care less.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »

I'm content to allow the Clintons to live their marriage on their terms, not mine. (Normal)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »

Hell no.

Listen these two are partners, and not in the married/sex/lovers way.  They are together because it benefits them both.  K?  Thx.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »

I'm content to allow the Clintons to live their marriage on their terms, not mine. (Normal)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »

But voted Yes because their marriage has obviously been a political arrangement for a while now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »

There's really nothing to respect or disrespect.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 11:16:06 AM »

No, my level of respect for her was not affected by it. I was in kindergarten at the time so I wouldn't have have understood any of it anyway.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

1. I don't know what were her motives (and motive is a key)
2. Whatever her motives were, that's entirely irrelevant to her performance as a politician

Therefore, the question is simply a waste of keyboard
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »

How do you feel about Hillary's tolerance and/or acceptance of Bill's affairs, in that she remained with him even when it became undeniable that he'd cheated on her numerous times? I view it negatively in that she'd rather accept a marriage of convienance rather than forge her success on her own. Most of her fake and popular support comes not really from her own merits or her own greatness but purely because of her visibility as the (albeit outspoken and politically active) First Lady of one of the most beloved and charismatic Presidents of the modern era.

The idea that her success isn't her own because of who she's married to is precisely what I don't respect.

Her support isn't fake and is entirely based on her own merit. Obviously, if she wasn't visible she wouldn't have support, but the fact is that she is visible and how she came to visibility shouldn't make a difference. People come to visibility for arbitrary reasons. Obama was picked to be DNC speaker in 2004. If he hadn't been picked - a stroke of luck, essentially - he might not be president today. Margaret Thatcher's career was financed by her husband - if she hadn't married him, she would never have been PM. George Washington was birthed by his mother (not in a log cabin he built with his own bare hands!). If it wasn't for her, he would never have commanded the US army across the Delaware. So should we be feting is mother instead of him? The reality is that everyone is dependent on everyone else to some degree. Hillary's support however is due to who she is as an atomistic individual. If she amicably divorced Bill tomorrow people would be a little surprised but would still support her. This whole idea that she has no accomplishments and is just a big fat piece of lard fed by her husband is some of the most noxious, sexist BS out there.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies