Opinion of bedstuy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:26:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of bedstuy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Opinion of bedstuy  (Read 935 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »

FF.  We don't always agree, but I've found most of his posts insightful and I think he's a good contributor to the forum.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:21 AM »

FF
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »

HP
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »

FF
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »

One of the very best, obviously.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »

Majority HP? Are you guys inebriated or something?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »

HP
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:05:15 PM »

Intelligent and articulate, so obviously FF. I don't agree with him on everything, but so what?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »

Intelligent and articulate, so obviously FF. I don't agree with him on everything, but so what?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »

Sadly, agreement with someone on issues is the primary factor in voting on these polls. 
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 03:22:29 PM »

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:25 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »

Ugh, it seems like everyone who isn't either undeniably terrible (krazen, barfbag) or has a pair (Hockeydude, opebo) gets a large FF majority.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

I have a "warmer" relationship with bedstuy I think than perhaps a majority of red avatars. He has good sense, and an analytical and fair mind, and pacific temperament.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »

Ugh, it seems like everyone who isn't either undeniably terrible (krazen, barfbag) or has a pair (Hockeydude, opebo) gets a large FF majority.
yeah thats one of the worst things about atlas the last 5 years.... people acting like they're running for office and adopting all the awful, inhumanely bland affectations inherent to that.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 11:55:02 PM »

Gee, thanks everyone.  You're all sweet.

yeah thats one of the worst things about atlas the last 5 years.... people acting like they're running for office and adopting all the awful, inhumanely bland affectations inherent to that.

I don't know if this is totally in reference to me, but since it's extremely petty criticism I want to respond.  If you dislike of the fact that I don't have some extreme political affiliation or a hyperbolic testicle rich prose style, fine.  But, I don't pull punches and I come correct when I disagree with people.

Some people on the other hand just sort of intellectually condescend to everyone and act like they got their freshman year of college version of Marxism on stone tablets from God on Mount Sinai.  If you actually respected your ideas, you would listen to other people and engage them, instead of sneering at anyone who disaggres like a petulant little boy.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »

Even if you were right and we're all softcocks who need to be voting HP more often... I'd still be voting FF here, because, duh.  Bedstuy's one of the smartest and most well-spoken folks on this site, and I happen to mostly agree with him on the issues as well.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »

Gee, thanks everyone.  You're all sweet.

I don't know if this is totally in reference to me, but since it's extremely petty criticism I want to respond.  If you dislike of the fact that I don't have some extreme political affiliation or a hyperbolic testicle rich prose style, fine.  But, I don't pull punches and I come correct when I disagree with people.

Some people on the other hand just sort of intellectually condescend to everyone and act like they got their freshman year of college version of Marxism on stone tablets from God on Mount Sinai.  If you actually respected your ideas, you would listen to other people and engage them, instead of sneering at anyone who disaggres like a petulant little boy.

Actually what he says is a serious problem, mostly I think because of the fantasy elections drama but I thjnk he meant it in a general sense, not singling you out. I don't think you fit that ata all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »

bedstuy isn't one of those types though. He doesn't make sure to take an "acceptable" position on every single issue that can't be regarded as solidly on one wing of politics (think of basically all of benconstine's stands on issues) and doesn't write posts on current events in a style like he's a candidate for office issuing a press release.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:32 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2014, 12:18:11 AM by white trash heroes »

Gee, thanks everyone.  You're all sweet.

I don't know if this is totally in reference to me, but since it's extremely petty criticism I want to respond.  If you dislike of the fact that I don't have some extreme political affiliation or a hyperbolic testicle rich prose style, fine.  But, I don't pull punches and I come correct when I disagree with people.

Some people on the other hand just sort of intellectually condescend to everyone and act like they got their freshman year of college version of Marxism on stone tablets from God on Mount Sinai.  If you actually respected your ideas, you would listen to other people and engage them, instead of sneering at anyone who disaggres like a petulant little boy.
actually it was not directed towards you. i don't particularly like your opinions on a few things (obviously) but i appreciate that you actually have them. although its kind of bizarre that you would call me a college pseudo marxist or whatever.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »

Snowstalker said the fact that people like me is a sign that they have bad standards.  That seems personal to me.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:56 AM »

Snowstalker said the fact that people like me is a sign that they have bad standards.  That seems personal to me.

It was partially directed towards you but more a general comment than anything else.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »

bedstuy isn't one of those types though. He doesn't make sure to take an "acceptable" position on every single issue that can't be regarded as solidly on one wing of politics (think of basically all of benconstine's stands on issues) and doesn't write posts on current events in a style like he's a candidate for office issuing a press release.
right.. that was what i was getting at before. communication fail on my part i guess
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 02:01:27 AM »

Snowstalker thinks we all have bad standards because we dont like him. Although I kind of do like him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies