Dems bank on ground game to make '14 like '12, '08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dems bank on ground game to make '14 like '12, '08
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems bank on ground game to make '14 like '12, '08  (Read 436 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:46 AM »
« edited: February 06, 2014, 07:35:57 AM by MilesC56 »

Article.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:55:44 AM »

That, and add a seat or two once Republicans start talking about rape, and I like the DEMs' chances.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »

I've heard that in the next couple of weeks, new scoring models for each Senate candidate will be available in VAN, which goes out to every county party. The scores indicate likelihoods of supporting a candidate, turning out, etc. While the scores themselves aren't anything new, the only candidate-specific scores available until now were for Obama. I can't wait! Cheesy
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

That, and add a seat or two once Republicans start talking about rape, and I like the DEMs' chances.

You're fooling yourself.  The political winds are not blowing in the Democrats' favor at this time.  There is still a long way to November, but there is as much chance of the Democrats adding to their Senate majority as there is an alien invasion.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »

You're fooling yourself.  The political winds are not blowing in the Democrats' favor at this time.  There is still a long way to November, but there is as much chance of the Democrats adding to their Senate majority as there is an alien invasion.

I'd say that at best, the Dems keep the status quo, winning Kentucky and Georgia, and losing South Dakota and West Virgina. if they win either Kentucky or Georgia though, I don't see them losing the Senate.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »

Their chances of what, losing fewer than 10 seats in the House?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »

I don't think this will make much of a difference. 2014 will not be like 2012 at all, the dems will lose seats (overall) in the Senate, its almost impossible for them not to, its a matter of keeping those loses to a minimum. They're only shots of "adding" seats are winning KY and GA, which will require republicans to really screw up like they did with IN '12 last year. Certainly possible, but unlikely (more likely with Georgia than Kentucky at this point). And in the House, there odds of gaining seats are lower than losing seats (overall). It will be very hard and require a wave for them to take the house.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies