Most Likely (and best) VP for Rand Paul?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:44:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Most Likely (and best) VP for Rand Paul?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will Rand pick?
Ted Cruz

Scott Walker

Mitch Daniels

Jim DeMint

Mike Pence

Justin Amash

Mike Lee

Marco Rubio

Nikki Haley

Other (Please name this 'other')

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Most Likely (and best) VP for Rand Paul?  (Read 2290 times)
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »

Thee is really no1 that will help him get additional support unless he picks a woman? But, Hilary is so bad, I think people will overlook her sex. Rand doesn't need a balanced ticket. He's already able to get votes from every1 except the establishment

Best picks are:
Demint
Haley
Martinez

I would love to have Jim Demint on the ticket. I'd actually prefer him on the top. He'd be an interesting, though unlikely choice, and he would probably turn off some on the fence voters. However, he would certainly help out with Rand's evangelical problem that had been noted in another thread, and might help out a bit with the neoconservative wing. Still, quite unlikely.

Ben Carson might be considered by Rand as well, depending on how he does in the primary. Would help with evangelicals and minorities, as well as people fed up with Washington. And with two surgeons on the ticket, the ads write themselves.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »

Amash for a perfect ticket, Walker or Martinez for somebody different.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 03:55:51 PM »

While I'd love to see either DeMint and Amash on a national ticket, both would alienate the GOP's moderate and Neoconservative factions respectively. In a reasonable scenario, Paul would probably pick Tim Scott or Ben Carson.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 06:59:07 PM »

Some rich white man with a chip on his shoulder.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

I don't know why you have all these men in the poll, Paul or whoever the GOP nominee is would be dumb not to pick a female running mate.

People don't vote for VP ya social justice warrior
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »

I don't know why you have all these men in the poll, Paul or whoever the GOP nominee is would be dumb not to pick a female running mate.

There seem to be an awful lot of those on this site.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »

I don't know why people want Amash so badly. I mean, I like the dude, but who's going to be the face of the Liberty Caucus in the House? Any1 like Massie could easily fill his spot for a Paul/Liberty ticket.

Two people from the same state are not allowed be on the same national ticket. Massie can be the face of the Liberty Caucus in the House in this situation.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 07:12:30 AM »

Amash for a perfect ticket, Walker or Martinez for somebody different.
I don't know why people want Amash so badly. I mean, I like the dude, but who's going to be the face of the Liberty Caucus in the House? Any1 like Massie could easily fill his spot for a Paul/Liberty ticket.

While I'd love to see either DeMint and Amash on a national ticket, both would alienate the GOP's moderate and Neoconservative factions respectively. In a reasonable scenario, Paul would probably pick Tim Scott or Ben Carson.
Neo-cons are more than likely going to vote for Hilary. They have made it very clear to be completely honest. Tim Scott might not even win his election.
I'm pretty sure Tim Scott's safe.

I don't see Amash ever being chosen for Veep because of his disagreements with Republican leadership. It suggests a guy who doesn't play well with others.

They don't vote for VP, but the wrong veep can hurt the top of the ticket. That said, limiting the selection to women could be problematic.

Aside from Haley, I'm unaware of female running mates who would be good fits for Rand Paul. Rice and Ayotte are aggressive on foreign policy. Blackburn's another white southerner. Mcmorris-Rodgers is a generic Republican legislator, which doesn't fit Paul's brand as well. Carly Fiorina might make the long list, but she may have too little political experience to match a one-term Senator.

I don't see much in Carson's background to suggest a guy who is ready to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:05 PM »

If Susana Martinez wasn't outspokenly opposed to being VP, she'd be a good fit. Female, minority, moderate. Vs male, white, and libertarian.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies