Saint Valentine's Day (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Saint Valentine's Day (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saint Valentine's Day  (Read 1537 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »

Actually we were all ignoring this thread. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

No one said "hoping to get laid" yet?  Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »

No one said "hoping to get laid" yet?  Roll Eyes

Didn't you see the post right before yours? Wink

I plan on gathering up all the cat hair from the house, stuffing it into a plastic bag, and humping it until the tears stop spilling from my eyes and instead come careening out of my ..garden hose.

I was thinking of the non-Tik version of getting laid. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »

God damnit someone say they got laid. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »

Thank heaven!  Congrats deadman! 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »

Why in the hell would a single person hate Valentines day?  It's people with SO's that should be hating the stupid day.  Especailly dudes with chicks that expect a LOT on the day.  Your only reason so far for hating it is that you didn't get anything and you didn't get a day off.  Why would you expect a day off?  Nobody else gets a day off.  You'd rather sit at home all day and think about how lonely you are?  Yeah, you didn't get anything, but you didn't have to wait inline with the other dudes to spend way too much money on overpriced roses either.

I understand that it reminds you that you're single, but if you're this bitter and single minded in real life as you are here I think I know why you are single.

Uh, did you actually read my post?

I have reasons for hating the holiday aside from not getting anything and not getting a day off. The holiday is such a huge slap to the face and it always seems to fall on a weekday, a work day or a duty day. The last time it fell on a day when I didn't have work, duty, or class was 2008 or 2009.

I can remember the exact date during my 2011-2012 deployment that we crossed the international dateline when we were heading back to the States after deployment because it was the fourteenth, meaning that I had to live the same day twice that year in 2012.

You point out how the silver lining in all of this is that I don't have to pay for overpriced roses (or anything like that). I think I'd prefer to buy some overpriced roses over the predicament that I'm in.

The ironic thing is that I used to like the holiday in elementary school mostly because it was an excuse to eat candy in class.

I think I might cut the Roman Saint Valentine some slack, but the companies that promote the everloving s*** out this holiday should be shot.

Life is so frustrating (especially when the Navy and your chain of command screws you over but it's a rant for another time).

That could be the problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies