Saint Valentine's Day (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:23:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Saint Valentine's Day (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saint Valentine's Day  (Read 1545 times)
The Arizonan
United States

« on: February 07, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »

What are you guys doing for Saint Valentine's Day this year? The holiday actually makes me kind of wish that I was unemployed because it always seems to fall on a workday or one of my duty days and it falls on a Friday this year.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »

I'm probably going to eat some chocolate and burn some Valentine's Day cards, which is the equivalent of voting for Ron Paul in the 2012 Presidential Election, which I actually did.

The holiday falls on a Friday which is a workday for me, meaning I can't stay home all day. It could be worse. The holiday could've fallen on a duty day, meaning I would've have to stay at my workplace the entire day.

My next duty day falls on a Monday, which is President's Day, meaning I have to come to work on a holiday. DAMNIT! I'm getting double screwed.

What's wrong with bashing the holiday?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »

I just want to go back in time and kick whoever created this holiday right between the legs.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »

I just want to go back in time and kick whoever created this holiday right between the legs.

St. Valentine, from what I remember from a picture book I was given after my First Communion, was a pretty good guy.

Say what you will about Saint Valentine, you probably won't be able to change my mind. The holiday is just basically one big "F*** YOU!".
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2014, 01:07:56 AM by The Arizonan »

I didn't get any presents or anything for Christmas last year, but at least I got a day off, no, three days off, out of it.

Valentine's Day is just utterly useless. I've found a bunch of reasons for hating it, like not receiving jack diddly squat for said holiday. When I was on my first deployment and we crossed the international dateline when we got back to the United States, guess which day we crossed the international dateline? It was Valentine's Day.

And I can't believe that Valentine's Day has infected your country, Tik. Are there any nations that are free from its lunacy?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:15 AM »

Why in the hell would a single person hate Valentines day?  It's people with SO's that should be hating the stupid day.  Especailly dudes with chicks that expect a LOT on the day.  Your only reason so far for hating it is that you didn't get anything and you didn't get a day off.  Why would you expect a day off?  Nobody else gets a day off.  You'd rather sit at home all day and think about how lonely you are?  Yeah, you didn't get anything, but you didn't have to wait inline with the other dudes to spend way too much money on overpriced roses either.

I understand that it reminds you that you're single, but if you're this bitter and single minded in real life as you are here I think I know why you are single.

Uh, did you actually read my post?

I have reasons for hating the holiday aside from not getting anything and not getting a day off. The holiday is such a huge slap to the face and it always seems to fall on a weekday, a work day or a duty day. The last time it fell on a day when I didn't have work, duty, or class was 2008 or 2009.

I can remember the exact date during my 2011-2012 deployment that we crossed the international dateline when we were heading back to the States after deployment because it was the fourteenth, meaning that I had to live the same day twice that year in 2012.

You point out how the silver lining in all of this is that I don't have to pay for overpriced roses (or anything like that). I think I'd prefer to buy some overpriced roses over the predicament that I'm in.

The ironic thing is that I used to like the holiday in elementary school mostly because it was an excuse to eat candy in class.

I think I might cut the Roman Saint Valentine some slack, but the companies that promote the everloving s*** out this holiday should be shot.

Life is so frustrating (especially when the Navy and your chain of command screws you over but it's a rant for another time).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies