Gallup: "Texas likely to stay red for the foreseeable future" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gallup: "Texas likely to stay red for the foreseeable future" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup: "Texas likely to stay red for the foreseeable future"  (Read 8157 times)
hopper
United States

« on: February 09, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »

Was this the same Gallup that said Romney would win the 2012 election by 7 points?  Gallup still has a lot of work to do before I trust their polls again.  
No Gallup had 2 different models for the 2012 Presidential Election: The Likely Voter Model which indicated Romney was up by 3-4 points I think. I don't remember Romney being up by 7 in Gallup.

There was also the Registered Voter Model where Obama was up 49-48% which was close to the actual result of 51-47%.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:52:05 PM »

Texas is a lost cause for at least a decade, probably a couple decades. I don't know why Dems constantly dismiss their chances in actually winnable states like NC/MO/IN/AZ/GA yet continue to keep this ridiculous Texas fantasy alive.

Lets see...

NC-I think the the Dems know they can win NC or at least come pretty close in 2016.

MO-No I don't think they will win the state its trending R. Even in the Dem Wave Year of 2008 McCain still carried it albeit still very close 50-49%.

AZ-nah still too R to put money into winning there.

GA-Its PVI hasn't changed in a decade.

IN- see AZ. I think 2008 was a fluke.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 08:39:12 PM by hopper »

The 2012 number is interesting if true, given that CNN reported 27% of Latinos voted Romney nationwide. Regardless, that doesn't explain away the main problem for TX Democrats, . Perhaps this meme that TX Latinos are more conservative than they are in other states is simply a relic of the Bush yearswhich as The Mikado referred to is the massive turnout differential.

Well no TX Hispanic do vote more R than in other states. Latino Decisions had these numbers from the 2012 Presidential Election:

CO: Latino's voted 10% for Romney
NV: 15% Romney
AZ: 17% Romney
OH 17% Romney
CA: 20% Romney
NM: 21% Romney
NC: 27% Romney
TX  28% Romney
VA: 31% Romney
FL: 39% Romney

So, only VA and FL Hispanics voted more Republican than TX Hispanics did in the states than Latino Decisions surveyed.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies