RISK Domination X: Finished!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:17:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Domination X: Finished!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: RISK Domination X: Finished!!  (Read 14461 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2014, 08:03:51 AM »

Personally, I'd have moved 2 from Utah to Arizona as my reinforcement.  You need to encourage Vosem to take those 10 armies in Nevada and have them go beat on Hagrid in Wyoming rather than try to eliminate you.  It might have worked.  After all, regardless of what you do this round, if Vosem attacks you his next round and fails to eliminate you, Hagrid will win, so attacking you will be a risky strategy .  So if Vosem chooses to be conservative, he should be attacking Hagrid regardless.  Making it easier for Vosem to attack Hagrid would thus seem to be your best chance of survival by making the conservative option more attractive for Vosem.

To that end, rather than AZ->CA, NJ->PA probably would have been the best attack, as it would have given Vosem a chance to use those armies in NY without eliminating your eastern presence.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »

Wow.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2014, 06:57:36 PM »

Sorry Franzl... I needed to go for the cards, or else I think Vosem would've been a shoe-in.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:46 AM »

How am I supposed to stay competitive with 3 reinforcements? Come on, Joe. Smiley

Well, toss all three in Arizona and hit California, then stop. Any advantage stays with California. Move 2 from Colorado to Utah.

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in Arizona, where there are now 6 in total.

Attacks

Arizona invades California (Vosem) with 5 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Tmthforu94 [5] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [3] [2]
Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [6]
Tmthforu94 loses 1 battalion

Tmthforu94 [4] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [2] [1]
Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [3]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Tmthforu94 conquers California and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arizona.

Tactical Move

A total of 2 battalions have been redeployed from Colorado to Utah.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2014, 02:04:54 AM »

GENERALS

[1]  Vosem

[2]  Hagrid

[3]  Tmthforu94

[X]  Franzl

[X]  Bacon King

[X]  Marokai Blue

Vosem: it is your turn.  You have 9 reinforcements.

+ [18 states ÷ 3 = 6 reinforcements]
+ [New England region = 3 reinforcements]

= 9 reinforcements
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »

After some reflection, I've come to the conclusion that not taking the move I am about to would serve only to delay the game and lead to Hagrid eventually overwhelming me with superior force of numbers with Franzl's/Marokai's cards anyway. Sorry, tmth. Obviously if this fails the game is over, and much faster than it would've been otherwise, but there's no reward for holding out longer.

I'd like to trade in the following card set:

This should give me an extra 10 battalions, plus 2 in Montana. Of my total 19 reinforcements, please put 5 on Idaho, 3 on New York, and 11 on Nevada, for a total of 6 in Idaho, 17 on New York, and 21 on Nevada. At that point, do-or-die the following attack sequences:

ID-WA
NY-NJ-DE-MD-VA-NC
NV-CA-AZ-UT-CO-NM-TX

If that was all successful, stop and end turn. If any part of that was unsuccessful, I guess attack MT-WY in a futile gesture, curse, and then end turn. Thank you, Joe Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:55 AM »

After some reflection, I've come to the conclusion that not taking the move I am about to would serve only to delay the game and lead to Hagrid eventually overwhelming me with superior force of numbers with Franzl's/Marokai's cards anyway. Sorry, tmth. Obviously if this fails the game is over, and much faster than it would've been otherwise, but there's no reward for holding out longer.

I'd like to trade in the following card set:

This should give me an extra 10 battalions, plus 2 in Montana. Of my total 19 reinforcements, please put 5 on Idaho, 3 on New York, and 11 on Nevada, for a total of 6 in Idaho, 17 on New York, and 21 on Nevada. At that point, do-or-die the following attack sequences:

ID-WA
NY-NJ-DE-MD-VA-NC
NV-CA-AZ-UT-CO-NM-TX

If that was all successful, stop and end turn. If any part of that was unsuccessful, I guess attack MT-WY in a futile gesture, curse, and then end turn. Thank you, Joe Smiley

Reinforcements

A set of cards has been traded in, worth 10 battalions.  Furthermore, the Montana card has produced an additional 2 battalions, which have been deployed there.

Of the 19 available reinforcements, 5 have been deployed in Idaho, where there are now 6 in total; 3 have been deployed in New York, where there are now 17 in total; and 11 have been deployed in Nevada, where there are now 21 in total.

Attacks

Idaho invades Washington (Tmthforu94) with 5 battalions available to attack, while 3 battalions will defend.

Vosem [5] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [3]
Tmthforu94 [3] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [2]
Tmthforu94 loses 2 battalions

Vosem [5] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [1]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [2]

Vosem conquers Washington and places 5 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Idaho.

----------

New York invades New Jersey (Tmthforu94) with 17 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend.

Vosem [17] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [4] [2]
Tmthforu94 [5] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [1]

Vosem [17] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [2]
Tmthforu94 [3] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [5]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Vosem [15] rolls 3 dice:   [1] [1] [1]
Tmthforu94 [3] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [5]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Vosem [13] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [6]
Tmthforu94 [3] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [1]

Vosem [13] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [2] [1]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [5]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem [12] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [5] [4]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [6]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem [11] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [2]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [1]

Vosem conquers New Jersey and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New York.

----------

New Jersey invades Delaware (Hagrid) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [10] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [3]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Delaware and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Jersey.

----------

Delaware invades Maryland (Hagrid) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 4 battalions will defend.

Vosem [9] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [1]
Hagrid [4] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [4]
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Vosem [8] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [5] [3]
Hagrid [3] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [5]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Vosem [6] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [2] [1]
Hagrid [3] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [1]

Vosem [5] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [5] [5]
Hagrid [2] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [2]
Hagrid loses 2 battalions

Vosem conquers Maryland and places 5 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Delaware.

----------

Maryland invades Virginia (Hagrid) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [4] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [1]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [5]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Virginia and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Maryland.

----------

Virginia invades North Carolina (Hagrid) with 3 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [3] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [3] [2]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [4]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [2] [1]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [5]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers North Carolina and places 1 battalion there, leaving 1 behind in Virginia.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the Southeast region *
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2014, 12:50:06 AM »

Attacks (cont.)

Nevada invades California (Tmthforu94) with 20 battalions available to attack, while 4 battalions will defend.

Vosem [20] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [4] [2]
Tmthforu94 [4] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [2]

Vosem [19] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [3] [2]
Tmthforu94 [3] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [2]

Vosem [19] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [6]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [2]

Vosem conquers California and places 19 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Nevada.

----------

* Vosem has taken control of the Pacific region *

----------

California invades Arizona (Tmthforu94) with 18 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [18] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [5] [3]
Tmthforu94 [1] rolls 1 die:   [4]

Vosem conquers Arizona and places 18 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in California.

----------

Arizona invades Utah (Tmthforu94) with 17 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend.

Vosem [17] rolls 3 dice:   [2] [1] [1]
Tmthforu94 [5] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [2]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Vosem [15] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [1] [1]
Tmthforu94 [5] rolls 2 dice:   [2] [1]

Vosem [14] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [3]
Tmthforu94 [4] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [5]

Vosem [14] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [2] [1]
Tmthforu94 [2] rolls 2 dice:   [2] [1]

Vosem conquers Utah and places 14 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arizona.

----------

Utah invades Colorado (Tmthforu94) with 13 battalions available to attack, while 2 battalions will defend.

Vosem [13] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [2] [1]
Tmthforu94 [2] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [6]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Vosem [11] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [3] [1]
Tmthforu94 [2] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [2]

Vosem conquers Colorado and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Utah.

----------

Colorado invades New Mexico (Tmthforu94) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 2 battalions will defend.

Vosem [10] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [3]
Tmthforu94 [2] rolls 2 dice:   [2] [1]

Vosem conquers New Mexico and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Colorado.

----------

* Vosem has taken control of the Southwest region *

----------

* Tmthforu94 has been destroyed *

----------

New Mexico invades Texas (Hagrid) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [9] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Texas and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Mexico.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the South region *
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2014, 12:50:30 AM »

GENERALS

[1]  Vosem

[2]  Hagrid

[X]  Tmthforu94

[X]  Franzl

[X]  Bacon King

[X]  Marokai Blue

Hagrid: it is your turn.  You have 6 reinforcements.

+ [18 states ÷ 3 = 6 reinforcements]
+ [No regions controlled]

= 6 reinforcements
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2014, 04:09:14 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2014, 01:47:25 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

All right. I control Arkansas, Wyoming, Iowa, and Indiana, so please put two armies on each. On top of that, I’m pretty sure I now have 26 battalions to place. Please deploy those 26 armies as follows:

6 (+2) on Arkansas
9 (+2) on Wyoming
11 on South Carolina
(+2) on Indiana
(+2) on Iowa

Attack Arkansas to Texas, do or die. If this attack fails, stop and await further orders.

Next, attack Wyoming to Colorado to New Mexico to Arizona to Utah to Nevada to California to Oregon to Washington to Idaho.

In the east, attack South Carolina to North Carolina to Virginia to Maryland to Delaware to Pennsylvania to New Jersey to New York to Connecticut, do or die.

Attack Indiana to Ohio, do or die.

Not sure I can say for sure that I’ll want to end my turn here, so please await further orders after you've done these rolls. We'll see how this goes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23:55 AM »

You also control Iowa, meaning 2 extra battalions there as well.  Wink

I'll get to these orders most likely tomorrow night, just FYI.  Feel free to revise anything in the mean time.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »

This game is now essentially down to luck, I think. Sound strategy from Hagrid.

I think the decisive factor now is the dice + how the card sets pan out. If my calculations are corrects Vosem might be able to hand in 2 sets at once next round, while Hagrid will hand in 1. But how many armies will those have? So many questions, so few answers, etc. Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »

You also control Iowa, meaning 2 extra battalions there as well.  Wink

I edited my post to reflect that so everything's in one place for ya. Thanks for catching that. Smiley

This game is now essentially down to luck, I think. Sound strategy from Hagrid.

I think the decisive factor now is the dice + how the card sets pan out. If my calculations are corrects Vosem might be able to hand in 2 sets at once next round, while Hagrid will hand in 1. But how many armies will those have? So many questions, so few answers, etc. Tongue

Before his last turn I was pretty sure Vosem had five and Tmth had two. So when Vosem cashed in his set, it brought him down to two. He took Tmth's two and earned another, bringing him up to five... so I'm pretty sure he only cashes in once. I hope. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:21 AM »

All right. I control Arkansas, Wyoming, Iowa, and Indiana, so please put two armies on each. On top of that, I’m pretty sure I now have 26 battalions to place. Please deploy those 26 armies as follows:

6 (+2) on Arkansas
9 (+2) on Wyoming
11 on South Carolina
(+2) on Indiana
(+2) on Iowa

Attack Arkansas to Texas, do or die. If this attack fails, stop and await further orders.

Next, attack Wyoming to Colorado to New Mexico to Arizona to Utah to Nevada to California to Oregon to Washington to Idaho.

In the east, attack South Carolina to North Carolina to Virginia to Maryland to Delaware to Pennsylvania to New Jersey to New York to Connecticut, do or die.

Attack Indiana to Ohio, do or die.

Not sure I can say for sure that I’ll want to end my turn here, so please await further orders after you've done these rolls. We'll see how this goes.

Reinforcements

A set of cards has been traded in, worth 10 battalions.  Furthermore, the Iowa and Arkansas cards have each produced an additional 2 battalions, which have been deployed in those states.

Another set of cards has been traded in, worth 10 battalions.  Furthermore, the Wyoming and Indiana cards have each produced an additional 2 battalions, which have been deployed in those states.

Of the 26 available reinforcements, 6 have been deployed in Arkansas, where there are now 12 in total; 9 have been deployed in Wyoming, where there are now 18 in total; and 11 have been deployed in South Carolina, where there are now 12 in total.

Attacks

Arkansas invades Texas (Vosem) with 11 battalions available to attack, while 9 battalions will defend.

Hagrid [11] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [4]
Vosem [9] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [5]

Hagrid [10] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [2] [2]
Vosem [8] rolls 2 dice:   [2] [1]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Hagrid [10] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [1]
Vosem [6] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [1]

Hagrid [9] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [1] [1]
Vosem [5] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [2]

Hagrid [8] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [3] [2]
Vosem [4] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [3]

Hagrid [6] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [1] [1]
Vosem [4] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [5]

Hagrid [4] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [2]
Vosem [4] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [4]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Hagrid [4] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [3] [3]
Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [3]

Hagrid [2] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [3]
Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [1]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Hagrid conquers Texas and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arkansas.

----------

* Hagrid has retaken control of the South region *

----------

Wyoming invades Colorado (Vosem) with 17 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [17] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [3]
Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Colorado and places 17 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Wyoming.

----------

Colorado invades New Mexico (Vosem) with 16 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [16] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [4] [3]
Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [1]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers New Mexico and places 16 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Colorado.

----------

New Mexico invades Arizona (Vosem) with 15 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [15] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [3]
Vosem [1] rolls 1 die:   [4]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Arizona and places 15 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Mexico.

----------

Arizona invades Utah (Vosem) with 14 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [14] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [3] [3]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Utah and places 14 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arizona.

----------

Utah invades Nevada (Vosem) with 13 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [13] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [3] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Nevada and places 13 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Utah.

----------

* Hagrid has taken control of the Southwest region *

----------

Nevada invades California (Vosem) with 12 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [12] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [2]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid [11] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [3] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers California and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Nevada.

----------

* Vosem has lost control of the Pacific region *
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:05 AM »

Attacks (cont.)

California invades Oregon (Vosem) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [10] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [2] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid [9] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [1]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Oregon and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in California.

----------

Oregon invades Washington (Vosem) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend.

Hagrid [8] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [3]
Vosem [5] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [3]
Vosem loses 2 battalions

Hagrid [8] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [5] [1]
Vosem [3] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [1]

Hagrid [7] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [2] [1]
Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [5] [3]

Hagrid [5] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [1] [1]
Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [4]

Hagrid [3] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [3] [2]
Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [1]

Hagrid [2] rolls 2 dice:   [4] [3]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Washington and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Oregon.

----------

* Hagrid has taken control of the Pacific region *

----------

Washington invades Idaho (Vosem) with 1 battalion available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid has been defeated, and Vosem retains control of Idaho with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

South Carolina invades North Carolina (Vosem) with 11 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [11] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [4]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers North Carolina and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in South Carolina.

----------

* Hagrid has retaken control of the Southeast region *

----------

North Carolina invades Virginia (Vosem) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [10] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [5] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Virginia and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in North Carolina.

----------

Virginia invades Maryland (Vosem) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [9] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [3] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Maryland and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Virginia.

----------

Maryland invades Delaware (Vosem) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [8] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [2] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Delaware and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Maryland.

----------

Delaware invades Pennsylvania (Vosem) with 7 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [7] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4] [1]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers Pennsylvania and places 7 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Delaware.

----------

Pennsylvania invades New Jersey (Vosem) with 6 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [6] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [1] [1]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers New Jersey and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Pennsylvania.

----------

New Jersey invades New York (Vosem) with 5 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [5] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [3] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid [4] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [1]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Hagrid conquers New York and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Jersey.

----------

* Hagrid has taken control of the Mid-Atlantic region *

----------

New York invades Connecticut (Vosem) with 3 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [3] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [3] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid [2] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [3]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [3]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid has been defeated, and Vosem retains control of Connecticut with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

Indiana invades Ohio (Vosem) with 2 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Hagrid [2] rolls 2 dice:   [6] [6]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Hagrid has been defeated, and Vosem retains control of Ohio with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

Awaiting further instructions

Provisional map
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2014, 03:17:20 AM »

Ah darn. I didn't break his Northeast bonus. Oh well. Tongue

I'm done. No re-fortification.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2014, 03:25:08 AM »

GENERALS

[1]  Vosem

[2]  Hagrid

[X]  Tmthforu94

[X]  Franzl

[X]  Bacon King

[X]  Marokai Blue

Vosem: it is your turn.  You have 8 reinforcements.

+ [14 states ÷ 3 = 5 reinforcements]
+ [New England region = 3 reinforcements]

= 8 reinforcements
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2014, 05:04:09 PM »

Just a reminder:

Also, as an aside, I'll be going on a family vacation March 21-30. Internet access will exist during this time, but it may be very sporadic. I hope I won't hold up the game much, but if I do by a few days I apologize for it in advance Sad
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2014, 10:31:41 PM »

I know, I know; I'm too anxious. Tongue
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:11 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2014, 09:26:43 AM by Vosem »

I'd like to trade in my infantry cards of SC, LA, and ME, which give 4 extra battalions, or 12 total. Please distribute 7 on MT, 3 on CT, and 2 on ID. Attack, do-or-die, ID-WA; MT-WY-CO-OK-AR-TN; and CT-NY. Then tactical move ME-NH and end turn. Thank you, Joe Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »

As a spectator in this RISK game (and on the waiting list for the next one), I must say that this has been really fun to watch. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »

I'd like to trade in my infantry cards of SC, LA, and ME, which give 4 extra battalions, or 12 total. Please distribute 7 on MT, 3 on CT, and 2 on ID. Attack, do-or-die, ID-WA; MT-WY-CO-OK-AR-TN; and CT-NY. Then tactical move ME-NH and end turn. Thank you, Joe Smiley

Reinforcements

A set of cards has been traded in, worth 4 battalions.  Furthermore, the Maine card has produced an additional 2 battalions, which have been deployed there.

Of the 12 available reinforcements, 7 have been deployed in Montana, where there are now 10 in total; 3 have been deployed in Connecticut, where there are now 4 in total; and 2 have been deployed in Idaho, where there are now 3 in total.

Attacks

Idaho invades Washington (Hagrid) with 2 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [2] rolls 2 dice:   [3] [3]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem has been defeated, and Hagrid retains control of Washington with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

Montana invades Wyoming (Hagrid) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [9] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [2]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Wyoming and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Montana.

----------

Wyoming invades Colorado (Hagrid) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [8] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [1] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Colorado and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Wyoming.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the Southwest region *

----------

Colorado invades Oklahoma (Hagrid) with 7 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [7] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [4] [2]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Oklahoma and places 7 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Colorado.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the South region *

----------

Oklahoma invades Arkansas (Hagrid) with 6 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [6] rolls 3 dice:   [4] [2] [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Arkansas and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Oklahoma.

----------

Arkansas invades Tennessee (Hagrid) with 5 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [5] rolls 3 dice:   [6] [6] [3]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [1]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers Tennessee and places 5 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arkansas.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the Southeast region *

----------

Connecticut invades New York (Hagrid) with 3 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Vosem [3] rolls 3 dice:   [3] [3] [2]
Vosem loses 1 battalion

Vosem [2] rolls 3 dice:   [5] [4]
Hagrid [1] rolls 1 die:   [2]
Hagrid loses 1 battalion

Vosem conquers New York and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Connecticut.

----------

* Hagrid has lost control of the Mid-Atlantic region *

Tactical Move

A total of 2 battalions has been redeployed from Maine to New Hampshire.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2014, 09:44:18 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 01:41:33 PM by Joe Republic »

GENERALS

[1]  Vosem

[2]  Hagrid

[X]  Tmthforu94

[X]  Franzl

[X]  Bacon King

[X]  Marokai Blue

Hagrid: it is your turn.  You have 11 reinforcements.

+ [28 states ÷ 3 = 9 reinforcements]
+ [Pacific region = 2 reinforcements]

= 11 reinforcements
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2014, 11:26:12 PM »

Well unless the dice go cold for Hagrid, it's clear he'll win.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2014, 05:30:54 AM »

Yeah, he's in the driver's seat now for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies