Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court'  (Read 3533 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2014, 11:39:55 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2014, 11:45:43 PM by Temp. Speaker Scott »

I really do like TJ, but if your religious beliefs actually LEAD you to self-loathing and hatred... then it is something you need to reconsider.

There's a reason why the suicide rates among LGBT youth is 3x higher than the general population.

That's something I should have emphasized in my post.  Even from the standpoint of a Christian who's on the more conservative side of the spectrum, the fact that one makes misjudgments is not reason to have low self-esteem.  Heck, it was Martin Luther who said we should sin boldly...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:01 PM »

I really do like TJ, but if your religious beliefs actually LEAD you to self-loathing and hatred... then it is something you need to reconsider.

There's a reason why the suicide rates among LGBT youth is 3x higher than the general population.

That's something I should have emphasized in my post.  Even from the standpoint of a Christian who's on the more conservative side of the spectrum, the fact that one makes misjudgments is not reason to have low self-esteem.  Heck, it was Martin Luther who said we should sin boldly...
I don't know how receptive TJ would be to a Martin Luther quote...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2014, 12:06:35 AM »

I don't know how receptive TJ would be to a Martin Luther quote...

I know, but my point was that having low self-esteem really has nothing to do with it.  I would have used a better example if one came to mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies