Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevada's Repuplican Gov: State SSM ban 'no longer defensible in court'  (Read 3508 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: February 13, 2014, 05:16:22 AM »

Sandoval essentially decided that the voters of Nevada's voice should not be heard. He ought to be primaried -- I will never vote for him for anything!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:21 AM »

It's not a marriage..who is the husband? Who is the wife?

The voters should be allowed to speak at the ballot box, not what some PPP poll said.

Wants are not constitutional rights.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »

It's not a marriage..who is the husband? Who is the wife?

The voters should be allowed to speak at the ballot box, not what some PPP poll said.

Wants are not constitutional rights.

Actually the constitution supports the right for two men or two women to marry eachother.

What about 3? or 4?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:37:03 AM »

It's defensible in court until a liberal judge finds a "right" to marry in the constitution for a specific group.

Sandoval is somebody who should be primaried for doing this, but alas he won't be.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:46:57 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because I happen to believe marriage is a unique institution between one husband and one wife. And I don't believe that homosexuality should be celebrated. It is something I am ashamed of, not proud of. I want to be normal.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:35 AM »

I embrace tradition. It's what sets boundaries.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:39 AM »

Homosexuality is just defined as same-sex attraction. It has nothing to do with 'who I am' - there is way more to life than just talking about your sexuality....
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »

Well, I think we should be ashamed of everything the Bible tells us not to do.
I just don't see the point of homosexuality on Earth and the purpose it serves. Jesus should be the only person we're concerned about thinks of us!

Since my life doesn't revolve around me being gay, I don't let it effect my self-esteem in the least. But I do strive to ask our Lord for guidance.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:21 AM »

Because I happen to believe marriage is a unique institution between one husband and one wife. And I don't believe that homosexuality should be celebrated. It is something I am ashamed of, not proud of. I want to be normal.

Get help.

So anyone who doesn't agree with your worldview or doesn't embrace their homosexuality needs to "Get help?"

what is it to you?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:26 AM »

Then I really think all that NO H8/Tolerance stuff should come with an asterisk, because you're not practicing it at all right now.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 01:25:24 AM »

Heh.  I could post twenty paragraphs on what the Bible's "clobber passages" really mean, but that discussion's already been had here at least twenty times and I'd rather we not turn this into a religious debate.  But yes, CCSF, if you're being genuine and you feel your faith has become a roadblock to accepting yourself for who you are, I strongly recommend looking into open and affirming sects.  The Alliance of Baptists, ELCA Lutheran Church, and Religious Society of Friends are also worth exploring.

I'm quite happy with who I am -- an American.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:28:17 AM »

CountryClassSF, do you see sexual orientation as an identity? I ask because while I do know several religious folks who struggle with same-sex attraction (and struggle, not capitulate), most of them reject the label of being considered "gay". I suppose it would be entirely possible to accept the label while rejecting the underlying feelings behind it, but I've never known anyone to do that before. Usually it seems that self-identifying as "gay" tends to mean the individual has either come up with some way to make homosexuality fit into their religious beliefs, or has rejected their former religious beliefs entirely. Granted, I only know a small number of people who this describes, like maybe three, so I could be way off base.

The honest answer is I don't know. But because of me trying to improve my faith and because of the way I have been treated by gays, it's not something I like.

Now with other folks of faith a lot use the term "SSA" (same-sex attraction, as you said), or they just say homosexual/gay. 

I guess my BELIEF (and I'm not saying I know all the facts), is that orientation is not a choice, whether it's a genetic problem or something else, it's not a choice.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:59 AM »

I believe that tolerance is a one way street for the left , and that's being demonstrated in spades tonight. They can't imagine someone thinking as an individual vs a demographic group.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 01:50:28 AM »

I live in the most intolerant, hateful city on the planet. This place is a 3rd world country. The gays I have known here treat me like garbage.

I would never want to become like that. Period.

Why can't people around here understand that this aint the summer of Love anymore, okay? This is the real world.  The only people that  have made me feel ashamed of my sexuality are the degenerates of San Francisco who are completely and utterly hateful of anyone who isn't a Stalinist. I can only tell the truth. No kindhearted Christian has ever made me feel ashamed of anything.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 02:03:05 AM »

Am I the only one not buying this?

Anyway it certainly is derailing the thread.

You mean, someone disagreed with the majority of (left leaning) posters, so it must not be "real?"
CountryClassSF

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »

Am I the only one not buying this?

Anyway it certainly is derailing the thread.

Like I said, I'm only trying to be semi-helpful because there are people in this country who think the way he does.  I'm done wasting my time, though.

You said extremely hurtful things about me and questioned my character--all because I refused to fall in line with a demographic group and instead chose to embrace individual opinion. You suggested I "get help" because I disagreed with your worldview.

I don't know how you can claim you were helping anyone other than taking cheapshots at me and bullying a gay conservative. Shame on you.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 03:11:16 AM »

Well if RINO Sandoval won't defend his law, I hope the courts will allow someone to do so,. Like, the thousands of Nevadans who made the law to begin with, they might deserve a little bit of representation.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 04:00:48 AM »

I don't know what you're asking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies