2 pro-pot groups lobby outside OK State Capitol for legalization.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:50:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2 pro-pot groups lobby outside OK State Capitol for legalization.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2 pro-pot groups lobby outside OK State Capitol for legalization.  (Read 2704 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »

There were two groups outside the Oklahoma State Capitol today who are both supporters to legalize marijuana in the Sooner State.  However, they have completely different missions.  One group wants to turn us into another Colorado and Washington and the other opposes the first group and just wants legalization for medicinal use of marijuana, including use of medicinal marijuana for children.  The second group likes what the idea of the first group, but thinks it would be counterproductive for their medicinal efforts.  Both groups had large attendance and representation.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »

According to the marijuana poll thread a plurality of OK residents support decriminalizing marijuana (though the poll didn't ask about outright legalization, which would presumably have less support).

What's your opinion of these two groups?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:33:15 PM »

According to the marijuana poll thread a plurality of OK residents support decriminalizing marijuana (though the poll didn't ask about outright legalization, which would presumably have less support).

I am opposed to all legalization of marijuana.  I'm very old fashioned, but more than that I've seen way too many instances of it killing or seriously harming someone.  I've rarely seen it help anyone.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »

I am opposed to all legalization of marijuana.  I'm very old fashioned, but more than that I've seen way too many instances of it killing or seriously harming someone.  I've rarely seen it help anyone.

You have seen instances of marijuana killing someone? Cite?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »

Yeah, this one guy I knew started smoking weed and his life went so badly he had to move in with his parents and now it's like his life is going nowhere
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »

My friend Jimmy snorted three pots and died when it hit. I apologize if his death photos are too gruesome to show, but they need to be seen. Marijuana overdoses are no laughing matter.

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:34 AM »

That seems unlikely.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 01:08:27 AM »

No, pot has never killed anyone. Sorry to burst your bubble.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 02:08:53 AM »

becky is rolling in her grave right now how dare u
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 02:57:28 AM »

If you wouldn't mind sharing what made your opinions, I'd like to know.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

I am opposed to all legalization of marijuana.  I'm very old fashioned, but more than that I've seen way too many instances of it killing or seriously harming someone.  I've rarely seen it help anyone.

I am opposed to all legalization of bacon cheeseburgers. I'm very old fashioned, but more than that I've seen way too many instances of them killing or seriously harming someone. I've rarely seen them help anyone.

(With the slight difference that there is actually some truth to my statement.)
Reginald
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »

Obviously futile even if they try to bypass the legislature, because… well, this thread demonstrates it quite well actually.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »

Marijuana does terrible things. It can make someone unable to ever hold down a job...and it makes people lazy and just lounging around their house all day. I bet some potheads have spent 20 hours some weekend just watching football. Also potheads probably don't do well taking school classes because they spend all their time getting stoned and never going to class.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »

but more than that I've seen way too many instances of it killing or seriously harming someone. 

Just like a sip of wine, eh?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »

This thread was as expected.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »

The Bush-man is doing some serious Reaganfan-ing here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »

When he says these kinds of things, I suddenly wonder whether he's a real person or simply the most elaborate troll personality of all time...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 12:03:03 AM »

The Bush-man is doing some serious Reaganfan-ing here.

Proud to be likened to the Great Michael Naso!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 12:09:38 AM »

When he says these kinds of things, I suddenly wonder whether he's a real person or simply the most elaborate troll personality of all time...

Glad to see people finally catching up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »

I will admit that I said too much in my answer to SLValleyMan's question.  I should have left it at "I am opposed to all legalization of marijuana."  People would have attacked me for holding a conservative opinion, but they would not have thought I was not real, and maybe the topic might still be talked about with regards to Oklahoma.  Sometimes I cannot help myself and my fingers type faster than my head can keep up.  Oops.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:17 AM »

I will admit that I said too much in my answer to SLValleyMan's question.  I should have left it at "I am opposed to all legalization of marijuana."  People would have attacked me for holding a conservative opinion, but they would not have thought I was not real, and maybe the topic might still be talked about with regards to Oklahoma.  Sometimes I cannot help myself and my fingers type faster than my head can keep up.  Oops.

I don't think it's that you offered a "conservative opinion" but that you provided no backing, examples or evidence.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 01:23:11 AM »

I don't think it's that you offered a "conservative opinion" but that you provided no backing, examples or evidence.

Right-wingers are exempt from any need to provide incontrovertible evidence, but they almost invariably assert the right to force the criteria for refuting them to more rigorous positions. That's how creationists operate. "We are still not satisfied".

Not that most more than an infinitesimal proportion of the American Right endorses Holocaust denial -- David Irving is still not convinced that the Holocaust happened.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 04:47:16 AM »

If you make an outrageous claim, most will want an explanation. I think you could have claimed you saw Bigfoot at IHOP and it would have had the same amount of truth, personally.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »

Michael Phelps kind of disproved that marijuana is dangerous or harmful forever. There's also no doubt many of the athletes in Sochi right now are getting high when not competing instead of sitting in their parents' trailer watching TV 20 hours a weekend and eating four sloppy joes each meal because they're on a "diet".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies