Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:52:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3  (Read 3753 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »

Mass murderer Breivik to hunger strike for better video games

Oslo — Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik threatened to go on hunger strike for better video games and other perks to alleviate his "torture"-like prison conditions, in a letter received by AFP Friday.

The right-wing extremist -- who killed 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage on July 22, 2011 -- enclosed a typed list of 12 demands sent to prison authorities in November.

He described as "torture" the conditions in two prisons -- Ila near Oslo and Skien in southeast Norway -- where he is serving out a 21-year sentence.

The demands include better conditions for his daily walk and the right to communicate more freely with the outside world, which he argues are in line with European rights legislation.

He also demanded the replacement of a PlayStation 2 games console for a more recent PS3 "with access to more adult games that I get to choose myself" as well as a sofa or armchair instead of a "painful" chair.

"Other inmates have access to adult games while I only have the right to play less interesting kids games. One example is "Rayman Revolution", a game aimed at three year olds," wrote the 35-year-old convicted killer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iATm-5yg-9eSTq06CmlGmx51DcXw?docId=1c7e464d-a33a-45e7-ae91-f7a1e6925bb0
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

The face of freedom fighting against Eurabia. Not eating himself due to crappy video games. Truly the future has arrived.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »

Wow. Americans are such savages. We execute people when we should be allowing them to have a PS3!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »

The only stuff he should get each day:

* 2 liters of tap water
* some bread
* 15 minutes of showering and razor time
* 1 hour of walking outside
* 1 foot-kick in his butt
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »

It's a shame they don't use ole sparky over there.  Scum.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

I do like the subtle trolling Norway is doing by giving him a children's game instead of Call of Duty or whatever.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »

haha
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »

The only stuff he should get each day:

* 2 liters of tap water
* some bread
* 15 minutes of showering and razor time
* 1 hour of walking outside
* 1 foot-kick in his butt

What make Breivik look more pathetic; this or letting him be an "martyr"? The best way to deal with criminals and terrorists are by making them a target of ridicule, and in that the Norwegians have succeed quite well. 
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 04:17:22 PM by Snowstalker »

lol

It's a shame they don't use ole sparky over there.  Scum.

After World War II, Norway reintroduced the death penalty for the sole purpose of executing Quisling and other Nazi collaborators, then repealed it a few decades later.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »

What a hypocrite. Wasn't it the labour party (whose youth he massacred) that is responsible for for his decent (nay, more than decent) prison conditions?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »

I say this calls replacing PlayStation 2 with a PlayStation 1!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »

Replace his PS2 with a Sega Dreamcast.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »

Howabout replace it with an etch-a-sketch?
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »

First world prison problems.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:47:14 AM »

lol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »

Norway is trolling Breivik hard Grin
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2014, 10:15:41 AM by politicallefty »

I can't believe a mass murderer like this guy even has access to video games, let alone the fact that he is only serving a 21-year sentence. He deserves solitary confinement and to never see the light of day so long as he lives. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Norway's justice system makes the American justice system look a lot better. As much as I oppose capital punishment, I'd support it over what the Norwegian justice system handed down.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Norway's justice system makes the American justice system look a lot better.

Only with a very perverted view of what the justice system is good for.

You've found a prominent case of one very terrible person being treated better than he deserves. Yes, I actually agree with that, he shouldn't be getting video games.

On the other hand, do you really want me to start pointing out all the failures of the American justice system? Personally, I'd rather we occasionally show more mercy than we should than have a system like in the States where one out of a 100 people are incarcerated for bulls**t drug charges, three-strikes laws, etc.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »

^^^ The idea that we should base the organization of our judicial system on cases like Breivik is one of the main reasons why judicial systems around the world (and particularly in the US) are so horrible.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »

Only with a very perverted view of what the justice system is good for.

You've found a prominent case of one very terrible person being treated better than he deserves. Yes, I actually agree with that, he shouldn't be getting video games.

On the other hand, do you really want me to start pointing out all the failures of the American justice system? Personally, I'd rather we occasionally show more mercy than we should than have a system like in the States where one out of a 100 people are incarcerated for bulls**t drug charges, three-strikes laws, etc.

I'm very aware of the problems with the American justice system. Drug possession and use should be treated as a mental issue. It shouldn't result in incarceration. I also do not support three-strikes laws.

As for those convicted of first-degree murder, I do believe in a harsh penalty. I do think the death penalty is wrong (and I've pretty much always been a staunch opponent), but I would honestly support that over a 21-year penalty with perks for someone who killed 77 people. I personally would support life without parole as the maximum penalty with absolutely no entertainment options.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »

As for those convicted of first-degree murder, I do believe in a harsh penalty. I do think the death penalty is wrong (and I've pretty much always been a staunch opponent), but I would honestly support that over a 21-year penalty with perks for someone who killed 77 people. I personally would support life without parole as the maximum penalty with absolutely no entertainment options.

I don't disagree with this. I think life without parole should be an option in very extreme circumstances such as this.

But again, I'll take one guy getting off better than he deserves than many many more suffering under a justice system that doesn't achieve much of what I believe justice should be about.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »

The only thing Breivik needs is a single shot to the back of his head.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2014, 12:36:35 PM by President of the BLAND Corporation »

Mass murderer Breivik to hunger strike for better video games

Oslo — Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik threatened to go on hunger strike for better video games and other perks to alleviate his "torture"-like prison conditions, in a letter received by AFP Friday.

The right-wing extremist -- who killed 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage on July 22, 2011 -- enclosed a typed list of 12 demands sent to prison authorities in November.

He described as "torture" the conditions in two prisons -- Ila near Oslo and Skien in southeast Norway -- where he is serving out a 21-year sentence.

The demands include better conditions for his daily walk and the right to communicate more freely with the outside world, which he argues are in line with European rights legislation.

He also demanded the replacement of a PlayStation 2 games console for a more recent PS3 "with access to more adult games that I get to choose myself" as well as a sofa or armchair instead of a "painful" chair.

"Other inmates have access to adult games while I only have the right to play less interesting kids games. One example is "Rayman Revolution", a game aimed at three year olds," wrote the 35-year-old convicted killer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iATm-5yg-9eSTq06CmlGmx51DcXw?docId=1c7e464d-a33a-45e7-ae91-f7a1e6925bb0

Truly a major FF! Tongue
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »

This is all a false dichotomy. Whether one should have access to video games in prison isva completely different issue from the flaws in draconian drug sentences and three strikes laws.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »

Breivik was the man behind the most successful individual act of terror, in fact it was only pure luck that his bomb in Oslo didn't kill more people (an underground parking basement lead some of the force of the blast away). If he had been treated as American justice systyem would have treated him, he would have become a grand symbol of ... well what you wanted him to be symbol of, for the extreme right he would have become a freedom fighter for us other he would have become a symbol of evil.
The Norwegian prison system on the other have succeed in making him a giant joke, can any people imagine people seeing him as an inspiration anymore?

For a megalomaniac narcissist (like most terrorists) like Breivik that hurt more. Here was a man who planned to be killed (before he chickened out), becoming the centre poinjt of an uprising against the state, now he's seen as a petulant manchild.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies