Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:17:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3  (Read 3736 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »

Breivik was the man behind the most successful individual act of terror, in fact it was only pure luck that his bomb in Oslo didn't kill more people (an underground parking basement lead some of the force of the blast away). If he had been treated as American justice systyem would have treated him, he would have become a grand symbol of ... well what you wanted him to be symbol of, for the extreme right he would have become a freedom fighter for us other he would have become a symbol of evil.
The Norwegian prison system on the other have succeed in making him a giant joke, can any people imagine people seeing him as an inspiration anymore?

For a megalomaniac narcissist (like most terrorists) like Breivik that hurt more. Here was a man who planned to be killed (before he chickened out), becoming the centre poinjt of an uprising against the state, now he's seen as a petulant manchild.

I seriously doubt he would have garnered major sympathy regardless of how he was sentenced. Also, so what if his "image" is hurt more by this? I don't want to hurt his image, I want to hurt HIM.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »

This attitude is very wrong and you should work on changing it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »

This would be one case where I would not give in.  I wouldn't even force food on him.  I'd just place it in his cell at every meal time and collect it afterwards.

Eventually he'll realize food is more important than video games and he'll eat.

OR

He'll die.

Either way, he's not getting better video games.  And if he kills himself over it... well, then he accepted that his life was only worth a few better video games and died because of that fact.

I am fully supportive of people having the choice to end their own lives.  This should not be misconstrued as endorsing the death penalty.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »

Why is it bad? What is wrong with the idea that people should be punished based on their actions? Especially when there is no hope of rehabilitation?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

This is the mentality of a victim.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »

I can't believe a mass murderer like this guy even has access to video games, let alone the fact that he is only serving a 21-year sentence. He deserves solitary confinement and to never see the light of day so long as he lives. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Norway's justice system makes the American justice system look a lot better. As much as I oppose capital punishment, I'd support it over what the Norwegian justice system handed down.

You're so incorrect. Under Norway's law, the sentence can be extended after 21 years if Breivik is deemed too dangerous to rejoin society and he certainly will be deemed as such. This is effectively a life term.

And I like this system. No "life without the possibility of parole/200 years" stuff like in the U.S. (sometimes for really BS stuff, like under the three strikes law), which only overcrowds prisons without solving anything. That's why they have a decent rehabilitation rate, and that's what the penal system should be about.

Of course there are people who will never be rehabilitated, so in Norway they simply stay in prison. But it's not arbitrary nonsense just for show how "tough on crime you are".

Beside, Norway succeeded in turning Breivik from a potential martyr for nutjobs all over Europe into a pathetic joke. That's important.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

There's also the issue - and this is often the way with very long sentences for particularly notorious criminals - that were he to be released, he'd be dead within about a week. And that would be a pain to investigate/prosecute/etc.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »

Breivik was the man behind the most successful individual act of terror, in fact it was only pure luck that his bomb in Oslo didn't kill more people (an underground parking basement lead some of the force of the blast away). If he had been treated as American justice systyem would have treated him, he would have become a grand symbol of ... well what you wanted him to be symbol of, for the extreme right he would have become a freedom fighter for us other he would have become a symbol of evil.
The Norwegian prison system on the other have succeed in making him a giant joke, can any people imagine people seeing him as an inspiration anymore?

For a megalomaniac narcissist (like most terrorists) like Breivik that hurt more. Here was a man who planned to be killed (before he chickened out), becoming the centre poinjt of an uprising against the state, now he's seen as a petulant manchild.

I seriously doubt he would have garnered major sympathy regardless of how he was sentenced. Also, so what if his "image" is hurt more by this? I don't want to hurt his image, I want to hurt HIM.

Suffering are ethereal, loss of dignity are forever. It's what you Americans don't get, you treat people like they're dangerous there are dignity and coolness in that, treat people like children and they will hate the idea of being punished even more.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »

Let him starve!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »

Of course for the whole starving himself, well I think Norway should respect his choice not to eat until he collapse, when feed him until he's concious again and let that repeat until he either dies from the complications or gives up. If he dies, he should get a nice grave stonw inscribed with:

Here Lies Anders Behring Breivik, who starved himself to death because he didn't get the game consol he wanted.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

Police dismiss Breivik's complaints

24 February 2014

Police in Norway say they have rejected a complaint by convicted mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik about poor prison conditions.

Police said in a statement they have investigated and dismissed Breivik's claims that the he is being held under illegal conditions.

Breivik earlier this month threatened to go on a hunger strike unless his conditions are improved. Among other things, he has complained about being kept in isolation and demanded access to better video games, a sofa and a larger gym.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/police-dismiss-breiviks-complaints-30037218.html
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »

Hope he goes ahead with his hunger strike, though.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »

Interesting that the Norway police actually "investigated" the "claims" of this lunatic ...

Don't they have better things to do than listening to his silly complaints ?
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »

Hope he goes ahead with his hunger strike, though.

In the absence of the death penalty in Norway, Breivik can just literally rot in the slammer as far as I'm concerned.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »

Interesting that the Norway police actually "investigated" the "claims" of this lunatic ...

Everyone is equal for the law. If other prisoners can make complaints that are taken seriously, so should Breivik. Now when that has been investigated, I of course hope they follow my suggested path of action and let him starve.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »

Everyone is equal for the law. If other prisoners can make complaints that are taken seriously, so should Breivik. Now when that has been investigated, I of course hope they follow my suggested path of action and let him starve.

One assumes there would be ways to summarily dismiss claims that are based upon a "I want more videogames" line. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »

Did he start his hunger strike? 
mb123
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -0.87

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 10:02:10 AM »

They should just transfer him to black dolpin in russia (cant include links yet Sad ), they have nice rooms and seem to eat enough.
     I would never have thought human rights concerns could have excesses but Norway has put this guy up better than large segments of the earth's population gets to live in. (looking at you sudan, afhganistan, khazakstan, or basically anyone in the 3rd world or dirt poor in the western world)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »

I would never have thought human rights concerns could have excesses but Norway has put this guy up better than large segments of the earth's population gets to live in.

I think this is true for almost any prison system in First World.
mb123
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -0.87

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »

touche,   i guess he didnt get the ps3 and did become a sad joke.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies