Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3  (Read 3783 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Norway's justice system makes the American justice system look a lot better.

Only with a very perverted view of what the justice system is good for.

You've found a prominent case of one very terrible person being treated better than he deserves. Yes, I actually agree with that, he shouldn't be getting video games.

On the other hand, do you really want me to start pointing out all the failures of the American justice system? Personally, I'd rather we occasionally show more mercy than we should than have a system like in the States where one out of a 100 people are incarcerated for bulls**t drug charges, three-strikes laws, etc.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »

As for those convicted of first-degree murder, I do believe in a harsh penalty. I do think the death penalty is wrong (and I've pretty much always been a staunch opponent), but I would honestly support that over a 21-year penalty with perks for someone who killed 77 people. I personally would support life without parole as the maximum penalty with absolutely no entertainment options.

I don't disagree with this. I think life without parole should be an option in very extreme circumstances such as this.

But again, I'll take one guy getting off better than he deserves than many many more suffering under a justice system that doesn't achieve much of what I believe justice should be about.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »

Hope he goes ahead with his hunger strike, though.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »

I would never have thought human rights concerns could have excesses but Norway has put this guy up better than large segments of the earth's population gets to live in.

I think this is true for almost any prison system in First World.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies