Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:07:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breivik on hunger strike: Wants his Playstation 2 replaced with Playstation 3  (Read 3793 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »

Norway is trolling Breivik hard Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »

I can't believe a mass murderer like this guy even has access to video games, let alone the fact that he is only serving a 21-year sentence. He deserves solitary confinement and to never see the light of day so long as he lives. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Norway's justice system makes the American justice system look a lot better. As much as I oppose capital punishment, I'd support it over what the Norwegian justice system handed down.

You're so incorrect. Under Norway's law, the sentence can be extended after 21 years if Breivik is deemed too dangerous to rejoin society and he certainly will be deemed as such. This is effectively a life term.

And I like this system. No "life without the possibility of parole/200 years" stuff like in the U.S. (sometimes for really BS stuff, like under the three strikes law), which only overcrowds prisons without solving anything. That's why they have a decent rehabilitation rate, and that's what the penal system should be about.

Of course there are people who will never be rehabilitated, so in Norway they simply stay in prison. But it's not arbitrary nonsense just for show how "tough on crime you are".

Beside, Norway succeeded in turning Breivik from a potential martyr for nutjobs all over Europe into a pathetic joke. That's important.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies