Could Sarah Palin be the 2016 nominee? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:10:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could Sarah Palin be the 2016 nominee? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Sarah Palin be the 2016 nominee?  (Read 2610 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: July 28, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »

I think that I have a better chance of winning the GOP nomination than she does.

I would vote for you over Sarah Palin.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »

I think that I have a better chance of winning the GOP nomination than she does.

I would vote for you over Sarah Palin.
Purple heart

Atlas pride!
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:13:48 PM »

If the nomination process got out of the hands of the elites, it's possible.  Palin is a hero (actually, a heroine) to a whole lot of Republicans who represent the most vibrant and vital part of today's GOP.  On her own, she doesn't make gaffes.  She lies, but she's a slick liar, and a lot of folks want to believe what she says.

In this polarized electorate, she'd lose, but not terribly.  I think she would do no worse than Romney in 2012.  I can't see a state that Romney carried that she'd lose.  If events played into her hands, she could tip FL, OH, VA, and NH. 

We are at a point where it doesn't matter a whole lot who the candidates of each party are.  Hardened partisanship is at an all time high and increasing.  Palin has a big following, and she has a hustle.  She's experienced, and she'll never allow untrusted "handlers" to make her look foolish.  She's a snake, but more than one snake has occupied the Oval Office.

I'd bet almost anything that Clinton would win NC and AR over Palin.  You could VERY easily throw GA, AZ, IN, WV and maybe even several others once Palin opened her mouth.  Are people completely forgetting how Hillary ran in the '08 primaries??  She was folksy and then some.  She is too smart to allow Palin to paint her as an elitist East Coast liberal; she'd come off as the smarter of two candidates running to help the working and middle classes.  She'd kill her.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:23:22 AM »

I think people are too tied to the rigid, Obama era map and think that it's the only explanation of elections going forward.  Referencing the first post in this thread, there is NO WAY that Arkansas would vote over 60% for Sarah Palin over Hillary Clinton!!  That's hilarious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies