What should be Jeb Bush's campaign strategy if he runs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What should be Jeb Bush's campaign strategy if he runs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What should be Jeb Bush's campaign strategy if he runs?  (Read 418 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »

I still don't believe he will win ( Seriously) apparently enough of you believe he will. What should be his campaign strategy? I think he should target Hispanics, as both him and his brother seem to do better with Hispanics than most Republicans, thanks to moderate stances on immigration and education, plus he has married into a Hispanic family.
But that should be in the general election, in the primary, he should stress conservative fiscal views.
In the general election, make sure all the 2012 R States plus Iowa, Florida, and Colorado appear locked, and then go for states like Ohio, New Hamphsire, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Also, he should choose Scott Walker as his running mate (you all saw that coming) to tighten Wisconsin.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:15 AM »

Offer new ideas. That could provide a contrast with Hillary, whose campaign will largely by defined by previous Democratic administrations.

Make sure the public knows his family. He'll be more appealing to voters if they know he's been in an interracial marriage for forty years.

Don't win the battle and lose the war. Avoid taking controversial GE positions when challenged from the right in the primary.

Note government abuse, but take the middle ground between the tea party and Obama. Embrace policies to make government more efficient, and effective.

Run an honest campaign. In a primary, it's a welcome contrast with Cruz. In a General Election, it's a welcome contrast with the Clintons.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08:42 AM »

Jeb would be a strong candidate if it wasn't for his brother. He would be faced with endless questions about his brothers presidency which he can neither defend without losing support, nor run from without seeming like a jerk. It seems like a losing proposition. Maybe in 2020?
bluedogsam
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »

if i was Jeb's campaign manager or director i would have his wife and son ( George) BOTH out there on the campaign trail in areas where there is a big Hispanic vote. that would help him bigtime. i think he could beat Hillary or whover the dems pick. also run on the issues.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »

Change his last name to Jones or Smith.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »

Make sure the public knows his family. He'll be more appealing to voters if they know he's been in an interracial marriage for forty years.

Not to Tea-Party Republicans in this state, he won't be. (I agree it's a good thing overall, but the Tea-Party has helped some truly vile attitudes to creep into mainstream Republicanism.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »

Maybe to Brown, so he could get the sympathy vote from latinos? Or better even: Marron (Brown in Spanish). Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies