Russian Security forces attack Pussy Riot in Sochi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:55:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russian Security forces attack Pussy Riot in Sochi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russian Security forces attack Pussy Riot in Sochi  (Read 895 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/25699810-418/russian-security-forces-attack-pussy-riot-members.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So when do we start sending crippling economic Sanctions Russia's way? Or maybe a "decapitation strike" aimed at the Kremlin would be better.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »

Smiley
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »

So when do we start sending crippling economic Sanctions Russia's way? Or maybe a "decapitation strike" aimed at the Kremlin would be better.

Geez, when did the Democrats get so hawkish?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

I hope, as deeply as I possibly can, that you are not seriously smiling at the thought of the beating of political activists.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 02:40:13 AM »

Well they weren't at a church this time so it will be hard to use that excuse.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:12:22 AM »

I hope, as deeply as I possibly can, that you are not seriously smiling at the thought of the beating of political activists.

I think that is something Cassius would support, as long as he disagrees with the political activists in question.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »

I'm no fan of Putin but Pussy Riot is just retarded. It's hard for me to get worked up over some jackasses who think they are "cool" and "deep" getting some taught some basic decency.

I've always though that genera of "music" was just degeneracy anyways.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »

I think that is something Cassius would support, as long as he disagrees with the political activists in question.

Sad but true, Mr. Franzl, sad but true. We'll just have to wait until he responds - if he responds at all.

I'm no fan of Putin but Pussy Riot is just retarded. It's hard for me to get worked up over some jackasses who think they are "cool" and "deep" getting some taught some basic decency.

Hahahahahahaha go  yourself. You're not wanted here, Eugenics McProtesterAbuse.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Sad but true, Mr. Franzl, sad but true. We'll just have to wait until he responds - if he responds at all.

Telling other posts that they are not wanted here is worse than anything Cory posts. It stifles debate in the same manner that Putin is doing.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »

Cassius is so conservative that I would not be afraid of classifying him as a Fascist.

There are a bunch of crazies on the internet...
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »

Cassius is so conservative that I would not be afraid of classifying him as a Fascist.

There are a bunch of crazies on the internet...

Mmm, 'fascist'. There is no sliding scale between conservatism and fascism. But anyway, my own personal opinion on this issue is, yes, perhaps the Cossacks went a bit far, but then again I find it hard to have any sympathy with these people. I mean, I find then both crude and irritating, and I, frankly, have little sympathy with their ideology. If you peel back the 'freederms' stuff that gets a lot of copy in the western media, you'll find that they're just another run of the mill far-left anarchist grouping.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:47 PM »

Telling other posts that they are not wanted here is worse than anything Cory posts. It stifles debate in the same manner that Putin is doing.

Strange, I don't recall I've ever whipped anybody or forced them to leave. I doubt I was wanted on that Conservative Political Forum, but they didn't ban me until I posted that I was leaving.

And Cassius, do these people not have the right to express themselves? I'd like you to clarify for me, right here, right now, whether you support allowing people to express viewpoints other than your own.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »

Strange, I don't recall I've ever whipped anybody or forced them to leave. I doubt I was wanted on that Conservative Political Forum, but they didn't ban me until I posted that I was leaving.

And Cassius, do these people not have the right to express themselves? I'd like you to clarify for me, right here, right now, whether you support allowing people to express viewpoints other than your own.

Of course I do. However, these women express their viewpoints in such a singularly vulgar, unpleasant and sometimes disruptive manner that I believe that their ability to do so needs to be curtailed.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »

Of course I do. However, these women express their viewpoints in such a singularly vulgar, unpleasant and sometimes disruptive manner that I believe that their ability to do so needs to be curtailed.

They're playing music. Is that not allowed in Cassius-land?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »

Why does singing in public warrant any police action?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »

Why does singing in public warrant any police action?

It is not police, BTW. These Cossacks have about as much legal existence in Russian law, as actors playing Cossacks in a theatre. Think of it as if Civil War re-enactors dressed up in grey uniforms (of their own design) and went around enforcing the Fugitive Slave Act. Wouldn´t happen even in Alabama, of course. But, naturally, this is Russia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies