Eight Questions About Your Life On The Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:16:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Eight Questions About Your Life On The Forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Eight Questions About Your Life On The Forum  (Read 1408 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »

1. Did you lurk before signing up to be a part of the forum?
Yes, but only for about a day.

2. When did you officially join the forum (month and year)?
June 2012

3. How old were you when you joined?

4. How old are you now?

5. Are you more, less or about equally interested in politics/elections as compared to when you first joined?
About equal

6. What was your favorite year for the forum (out of however many years you've been on here)?
Probably 2013.

7. What posters that are no longer with us do you miss the most?
Barfbag, Simfan, Clarence, Jerseyfan, Idaho Blue Dog Dem, HoosierPoliticalJunkie, Country Roads, 20RP12 (the Republican verson. Smiley)

8. Who do you consider your closest friends or allies on the forum?
Cathcon, Inks (the other two-thirds Michigan GOP triumvirate), ZuWo, Miles, Dallasfan65, Jbrase, Tmthforu94, JerryArkansas, ElectionsGuy, Outofbox6
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 09:02:43 PM »

Yes, because my associates wanted me to keep tabs on The Vorlon.

Halloween 2004

How old are *you*?

4. How old are you now?

That's not a polite question.

5. Are you more, less or about equally interested in politics/elections as compared to when you first joined?

Probably equally

6. What was your favorite year for the forum (out of however many years you've been on here)?

Lunar

Also, I agree with Gully about missing Alcon, even though he still posts occasionally.

Friends are for the weak.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

1. Did you lurk before signing up to be a part of the forum?  no.  well, I checked it out for at least a year before creating the account, but back then we didn't call it lurking.

2. When did you officially join the forum (month and year)? about ten years and six weeks ago

3. How old were you when you joined?   about ten years and six weeks younger than I am now

4. How old are you now?  about ten years and six weeks older than I was when I created this account

5. Are you more, less or about equally interested in politics/elections as compared to when you first joined?  probably not.  I have a life now, and it consumes a bit more of my time than my condition did at the time when I first started posting here

6. What was your favorite year for the forum (out of however many years you've been on here)?  this year.  In fact, this moment

7. What posters that are no longer with us do you miss the most?  MortfromNewYawk comes to mind, as well as a few banished ones who shall not be named, out of my respect for them. 

8. Who do you consider your closest friends or allies on the forum?  angus, of course, who is my alter ego.  he is the Christ to my Jehovah, the Hermes to my Jupiter, my messenger on Earth, through whom my love and wisdom flow.  All other posters are, of course, my brothers and sisters and children.  I love them and cherish them all.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »

For a little while, yes.

June 2011

4. How old are you now?

I'd say about equally, but my interest in theology sparked.

Simfan

Miles, Nathan, Tmth, IBDD, Napoleon, SJoyce, DC, you know who you are, etc.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 10:24:24 PM »

yes I think for a few months.

December 23rd 2003.

4. How old are you now?

same

I don't know if I have a favorite year, the site use to be a lot more conservative back in the day but the debates and conversations were better I feel.

I don't know

I don't really have friends here much.

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »

Yes, I discovered this forum during the presidential primaries of 2008 and lurked for several months

October 16th, 2008. Yep, I've been here for more than 5 years and I bet most posters don't know who the hell I am. I like flying under the radar Tongue (it helps that most of my posts were in the survivor and international elections and discussion forums)

21 years old

4. How old are you now?

27 years old

Politics outside the US, I'm probably equal. But my interest in US politics have soared over the past few years

2012 was pretty hilarious, with the primaries and the presidential election. Despite being lurking or as a member for all of the 2008 election I don't remember it as fondly

Lewis, Simfan, Bigbadfab, Lunar, Aizen and probably a few I've forgoten

Don't know about friends but I quite like people who post often in the international forums and of course the survivor forum. The most active ones that comes to mind are Antonio, Kalwejt and Hash (whether they remember me is besides the point Tongue)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2014, 11:21:48 PM by God »

Thanks for the mentions and, particularly Snowstalker, the non-mentions Tongue

Yes, for perhaps a year. For the most part I browsed the political geography board and redistricting threads so I hadn't many pre-formed opinions about posters here when I joined.

December 23, 2010

4. How old are you now?

Far less interested.

2011!

Opebo of course, Tweed, 20RP12 if he counts, Spenstar3D (probably not familiar to most of you but I had befrinded him here), Lewis and probably more. I kind of miss wormyguy.

I like many of you. Opebo, bgwah, Dallasfan, Lief, Eraserhead, Sbane, Ebowed, DemPGH, Sawxdem, Scott, Snowguy, Winfield, Shua, Miles, Spiral, sirnick, WindJammer, jbrase, Grumps, Mechaman, brtd, Fritz and Keystone Phil (duh). Kalwejt and Nathan earn special mentions...I know more of you are left off but its nothing personal. Wink
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

1. Did you lurk before signing up to be a part of the forum? Hell, I don't remember. Probably not. I'm not a lurker.

2. When did you officially join the forum (month and year)? August 12, 2004

3. How old were you when you joined? 16

4. How old are you now? 26

5. Are you more, less or about equally interested in politics/elections as compared to when you first joined? Probably less so.

6. What was your favorite year for the forum (out of however many years you've been on here)? I couldn't possibly recall... Was it 2009, 2010 or 2011 when we did the Americana thread? Whatever year we all did the Americana thread.

7. What posters that are no longer with us do you miss the most? I actually miss talking Presidential history with PBrunsel. I also really miss Gabu. He was a really good friend.

8. Who do you consider your closest friends or allies on the forum? Kal, Mechaman, EarlAW. I also like Sirnick and my fellow yinzer Gramps, too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies