Scott Walker scandal??
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker scandal??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scott Walker scandal??  (Read 3390 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »

http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/john-doe-transcript-scott-walker-knew-of-private-email-laptop/article_c9b4f3a8-1449-5607-81b4-8a9628eec543.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Any potential to this scandal?
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »

Nah, it's most likely Democrats just trying to embarrass Walker.
I do expect more Christie scandals, however.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »

This happens in literally every office of an elected official.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »

No need for the Dems to force a scandal on Scott Walker. The guy is a complete bore.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »

It's good fodder for Democratic attacks against Walker.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:41 PM »

There will likely be even worse scandals that break about him should he run. His administraiton has been very corrupt.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:17:35 PM »

Anyone hear about the racist emails sent out by his former deputy chief of staff? Pretty damaging considering Walker hired him.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/highly-racist-email-forward-found-in-scott-walker-investigat
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:42:47 PM »

No need for the Dems to force a scandal on Scott Walker. The guy is a complete bore.

Yeah, why to make him more "exciting"?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »

...this is not a scandal, although I'm sure MSNBC or whatever will jack off to it for a few weeks. Maybe this will be the Democrat's version of Benghazi.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »

This happens in literally every office of an elected official.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »

How is his Deputy Chief being convicted of a felony, and he being aware of and complicit in the illegal activity not an issue!?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »

How is his Deputy Chief being convicted of a felony, and he being aware of and complicit in the illegal activity not an issue!?

Because "campaigning on county time" is kind of a ridiculous charge to begin with? I mean, c'mon this is something that literally everyone involved in politics at any serious level does.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »

Because "campaigning on county time" is kind of a ridiculous charge to begin with? I mean, c'mon this is something that literally everyone involved in politics at any serious level does.

There's also the second John Doe probe which  supposedly is about campaign finance violations which is far more serious. All this does is show the Walker administration has an ethics problems and the people he surrounds himself with have proven to be incompetent.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »

...this is not a scandal, although I'm sure MSNBC or whatever will jack off to it for a few weeks. Maybe this will be the Democrat's version of Benghazi.

Furtiveness is not itself proof of wrong-doing... but it is suspect until it can be proved both innocent and excusable.

People around him have been going down. Such does not prove him a crook, but that is how things went as the Nixon Administration unraveled. 
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »

The big question is what does this do to his chances for re-election. He has a small lead in polls now but I suspect this isn't going to help. And if he loses re-election then his 2016 prospects are probably over.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »

This, by itself, is not a significant issue yet.  But, remember, an investigation is not just a question of whether the underlying accusation is true.  Once you start looking at a politician, an investigation can lead to finding other scandals or it can lead to criminality by making false statements, perjury or obstruction of justice. 

Democrats don't cling to fake scandals like Republicans.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »

This, by itself, is not a significant issue yet.  But, remember, an investigation is not just a question of whether the underlying accusation is true.  Once you start looking at a politician, an investigation can lead to finding other scandals or it can lead to criminality by making false statements, perjury or obstruction of justice. 

They have been kind banging the drum on Bridgegate for two months now. Even I'm getting annoyed by it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:23 PM »

They have been kind banging the drum on Bridgegate for two months now. Even I'm getting annoyed by it.

Are you saying Bridgegate is a fake scandal?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »

Are you saying Bridgegate is a fake scandal?
It's a bit of an overhyped scandal, though it has all but taken Christie out of contention for 2015.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 03:04:48 AM »

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/scott-walker-wont-say-whether-he-knew-of-or-used-secret-email-system-b99211068z1-246616251.html

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »

Interesting; I'm sure it will come up in his re-election bid later this year.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »

Politico defends Walker.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/scott-walker-aide-emails-103750.html?hp=l22
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »

Walker used this to take a swipe at Christie
hopper
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »

This, by itself, is not a significant issue yet.  But, remember, an investigation is not just a question of whether the underlying accusation is true.  Once you start looking at a politician, an investigation can lead to finding other scandals or it can lead to criminality by making false statements, perjury or obstruction of justice.  

Yeah I see it on the front page on the Newark Star Ledger(the New Jersey Newspaper) like everyday. It does get boring seeing it on the front page everyday.

Its like Christie is down to Hillary by 17 points in polls why else does the media have to keep on taking about Bridgegate? The media was even following Christie at the National Governors Association Meetings this weekend its like leave the guy alone on Bridgegate already.
hopper
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »

Interesting; I'm sure it will come up in his re-election bid later this year.

If Walker was a Democrat would anybody even care about this supposed Scandal? I doubt it because the MSM would cover it up since he was a Dem.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies