The Wing of Cards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:09:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Wing of Cards
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Wing of Cards  (Read 12060 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »

The West Wing

+

House of Cards

=

The Wing of Cards

This is a Mini-TL I'll be doing to get out of the block I have in regards to DOAS. Stay tuned!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:54:50 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:23 AM »

Bartlet/Underwood '16!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:45:41 AM »

Chris Matthews: We’ve got breaking news here on MSNBC. A group of elected officials, led by New Hampshire Governor Jed Bartlet, have broken off from the Democratic Party and formed the Progressive Party of the United States. The new Progressives walked out of the DNC Winter Meeting in Chicago, Illinois. This is the first major split in a political party since the Dixiecrats in 1948. President Obama’s Press Secretary, C.J. Cregg, has scheduled a press conference for the top of the house. We’ll bring that to you live when it starts. For reaction, let me bring in Reverend Al Sharpton...

Matthews: And here’s Cregg with the press Conference.

C.J. Cregg: The President has invited the Progressive Party’s leaders, Governor Bartlet and Brown, to the White House, with Democratic Party leaders, House Majority Leader Underwood and Senate Minority Leader Hoynes, to work out a solution to the schism.  He also wants me to make it crystal clear that he is still a Democrat, still supports the Democrats, and will continue to work towards electing more Democrats nationwide. No questions at this time, sorry guys.

Matthews: House Majority Leader Frank Underwood is here to give his reaction to the Progressive Party. Frank, welcome.

Francis J. Underwood: Thank you, Chris. The actions of Governor Bartlet are deplorable. Our goal, as citizens, should be to provide the best government we can provide. By splitting the government between three parties any governing has now become impossible. I urge the American people to focus on leaving a better country for their children, instead of joining the latest political fad.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »

This is beautiful.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

Thomas Roberts: The split puts the Senate with 45 Republicans, 29 Progressives and 26 Democrats. Now, no party has a majority of seats and therefore there is not a Majority or Minority Leader. Instead, each party will elected a new Senate Leader and the three will work together to set the Senate docket. Given the weak record for Senate bipartisanship, many are questioning how well this tripartisan plan will work. The House of Representatives are planning to hold their leadership votes late tomorrow.

Sanders Elected Leader of Senate Progressives

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont was elected as the Leader of the 29 Progressive Senators. Also elected was the Progressive Senate Whip, Senator Seth Gillette of North Dakota.

Royce Elected Leader of Senate Republicans

Senator Robert Royce of Pennsylvania was elected as the Leader of the 45 Republican Senators. Joining him is the Republican Senate Whip, Senator Hector Mendoza of New Jersey.

Womack Elected Leader of Senate Democrats

Senator Terry Womack of Missouri was elected as the Leader of the 26 Democratic Senators. Senator Howard Stackhouse of  Minnesota was also elected as the Democratic Senate Whip.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »

Megyn Kelly: This is just coming into Fox News. The leadership votes in the House have concluded and we’ve got the results first. Remember, because of the split between Democrats and Progressives there 205 Republicans, 135 Progressives, and 95 Democrats.

House Majority Leader Frank Underwood of South Carolina has been elected as the next Speaker of the House. Many Republicans voted for Underwood, knowing that their candidate, John Boehner, could not win a majority.

Congresswoman Jackie Sharp of California has been tapped as the next House Democratic Leader. She a bit of a dark horse in House politics, but she’s a strong disciple of Speaker Underwood and a favorite of the establishment. Joining her as Whip is Congressman Steny Hoyer of Maryland.

Congressman Matt Santos will join the House Leadership as the Progressive Party Leader. Santos is the first Hispanic American to be elected leader of a Congressional Caucus. Joining him is Congressman David Rasmussen of Ohio, the Progressive Party Whip.

Representative Glen Allen Walker of Missouri has been elected as the new Republican Party Leader in the House. His Whip is Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, a noted ‘policy wonk’ within the Conference.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »

Wolf Blitzer: Joining me on the phone right now is Texas Senator Ted Cruz. Senator Cruz, I’m told you have a statement you’d like to deliver.

Ted Cruz: Yes, Wolf. I’ve come to CNN to announce that, with 14 other Senators, 6 Governors, and nearly 150 Congressmen, I am leaving the Republican Party. The Party has drifted too far to the left over the last 30 years and we can no longer openly aligned with it. We’re forming the Conservative Party of America as a way for real Americans to come out and work for a better nation.

F. Underwood: Things are looking pretty good with Cruz knocking the GOP train off the tracks. We’ve got a de facto Majority in both Houses with the Republicans splintered, our only obstacle is our Commander-in-Chief.
D. Stamper: What can we do about that? He’s still got another two years on his first term and we know he’s going for a second.
Underwood: Not necessarily. Get me a meeting with Barack, as soon as possible. Not a phone call, this needs to be done in person, face-to-face.
Stamper: Nancy, I need the White House Chief of Staff.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »

"House of Wings" would be a fabulous restaurant.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »

F. Underwood: Mr. President, it’s a pleasure.
B. Obama: Of coarse, Frank. What can I do for you?
Underwood: I’ve got to be outfront about this, sir. I don’t think you should run in 2012. I know, I know, you’ve already started laying the groundwork and I think you would make a great President for another four years but I nation isn’t with us.
Obama: What? Frank, are you being serious?
Underwood: Yes, sir. We can’t look at this from a personal point of view. We both now Bartlet’s going to run, we know Cruz’s going to run. Our chances are slim in 2012, and I think it’d be best if you stepped aside. No need to dirty your record with an embarrassing loss, following such a swift rise to power.
Obama: I’ll have to talk it over with Michelle and Joe...

Al Sharpton: Earlier today Governor Jed Bartlet became the first official candidate for the 2012 Presidential Election. Serving as Governor since 1993, Bartlet shocked the world earlier this month by splitting from the Democratic Party and forming the Progressive Party. Bartlet is one of the longest serving Governors in American history and ran for President in 2000, losing the Democratic nomination to Vice President Al Gore. Here’s a piece of his speech from this afternoon.

Jed Bartlet: Hello! My fellow Americans, six short months ago I stood before the national media and announced the formation of the Progressive Party. Now, I stand before the national media and the American people once more to launch my campaign for President of the United States! It is my firm belief that America was not made for big businesses, nor was it made for the sake of profit making. American was founded on the basis of the protection of basic human rights. Over the past several decades we have drifted away from this base. I say 2012 is the year where we return to our roots and stand up, one more, for the most basic human rights. No person should have to hide who they love. No person should make less money for doing equal work. No person should be required to work 3 jobs to make ends-meet.

C.J. Cregg: I have two announcements today. First, President Obama will not seek a second term as President. He’s discussed it with his family and his administration and he has decided that it is best for the nation if he steps aside after his current term expires. He does not plan on endorsing a candidate, from any party, in the 2012 election. Secondly, this will be my last press conference as White House Press Secretary. I have handed in my resignation to the President and he has accepted it without conditions. Thank you, that’s all from me.

F. Underwood: Thank you, Mr. President. It takes a big man to step aside in his prime.
B. Obama: Shut in, Frank. I don’t want to hear this B.S. from you, you’re making me throw away my career!
Underwood: Mr. President, I’m appalled that you would think that. I have only your best intentions at heart.
Obama: The road to hell is paved in good intentions. Go, now.
Underwood: *whispers* If I’m on the road to hell, you’re a mile ahead of me.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »

LOL thank you for the Frank Underwood aside at he end there.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »

This. Is. Brilliant.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

PA Gov. Jim Matthews Launches Bid of Dem. Nomination

November 12, 2010

TX Sen. Ted Cruz Launches Bid for Cons. Nomination

December 1, 2010

CA Gov. Jerry Brown Launches Bid for Prog. Nomination

December 1, 2010

CO Sen. Garrett Walker Launches Bid for Prog. Nomination

December 11, 2010

CA Sen. Arnold Vinick Launches Bid for Rep. Nomination

December 15, 2010

SoS Michael Kern Launches Bid for Dem. Nomination

January 4, 2011

Democratic Candidates, as of January 5, 2011
Governor Jim Matthews, PA
Senator Grace Hardin, GA
Congressman Chris Van Holland, MD
Secretary of State Michael Kern, CO

Progressive Candidates, as of January 5, 2011
Governor Jed Bartlet, NH
Governor Jerry Brown, CA
Senate Progressive Whip Seth Gillette, ND
Senator Garret Walker, CO

Conservative Candidates, as of January 5, 2011
Senator Ted Cruz, TX
Senator Hector Mendoza, FL
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, MN
Governor Mike Reed, OH
Senator Sam Wilkinson, KS

Republican Candidates, as of January 5, 2011
Senator Arnold Vinick, CA
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, NY
Senator Matt Hunt, AZ
Governor Bob McDonnell, VA

D. Stamper: Are sure it’s smart to wait this long? Kern and Matthews are already fundraising.
F. Underwood: It’s all about timing. Let’s let them fight it out, bloody each other up. We also don’t want to make it seem that we’ve forced the President out.
Stamper: Won’t this give Bartlet a head start in the race?
Underwood: And more time to stumble.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »

Jake Tapper: We’ve got breaking news here on CNN. A report has surfaced, from an anonymous Congressional staffer, that Governor Jed Bartlet suffers from M.S. and has sucumbed to numerous attacks over his tenure as governor. The report goes on to say that Bartlet has received his M.S. pills from his wife, Dr. Abbey Bartlet, and used connections to keep the media away from his illness. We reached out to the Bartlet Campaign for a comment but they have not gotten back to us yet. For comment on this development, I’m joined by House Speaker Frank Underwood. Mr. Speaker, welcome.

Frank Underwood: Thank you, Jake. Now, if these allegations are true, and I’m not saying they are, this is pretty damning to Governor Bartlet. How can one suffer from such an illness and fail to disclose it to the public while asking for their confidence? And if it’s also true that he received his medication from his wife, well I believe that’s a federal crime.

C.J. Cregg: Hello, this is my first press conference as the Press Secretary for the Bartlet campaign. I’m here to address the recent report regarding the Governor and multiple sclerosis. The Governor was diagnosed with M.S. in the fall of 1990 by Dr. James Wood of Manchester, New Hampshire. Since then the Governor has been treated, takes medication for, and has, for the most part, beat the disease. His last attack came during his re-election campaign in 2006. Since then he has been perfectly healthy and passed every physical examination he’s taken. The Governor chose not to release his diagnosis to the public because, after consultation with doctors, it was deemed that the M.S. would not directly interfere with his ability to govern. Thank you, that’s all.

F. Underwood: See Doug? I haven’t even hinted at a campaign and we’ve already got Bartlet squirming like a worm.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2014, 07:18:48 PM by dkrolga »

Primary Polls, as of April 5, 2011

Democratic Primary
Governor Jim Matthews, PA -- 46%
Secretary of State Michael Kern, CO -- 32%
Congressman Chris Van Hollen, MD -- 11%
Senator Grace Hardin, GA -- 11%

Progressive Primary
Senator Garret Walker, CO -- 35%
Governor Jed Bartlet, NH -- 32%
Senate Progressive Whip Seth Gillette, ND -- 26%
Governor Jerry Brown, CA -- 7%

Conservative Primary
Senator Ted Cruz, TX -- 50%
Senator Hector Mendoza, FL -- 23%
Governor Mike Reed, OH -- 11%
Senator Sam Wilkinson, KS -- 10%
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, MN -- 6%

Republican Primary
Senator Arnold Vinick, CA -- 36%
Governor Bob McDonnell, VA -- 34%
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, NY -- 21%
Senator Matt Hunt, AZ -- 9%

Jeremy Paxman: Joining me now on BBC Newsnight is American Presidential candidate Garrett Walker, one of the Senators from Colorado. Welcome, Senator Walker.

Garrett Walker: Thanks for having me, Jeremy. It’s an honor to be welcomed into London on the first stop on my overseas tour.

Paxman: Senator, let’s get to the thick of it. Your opponent, Governor Josiah Bartlet, has admitted to having M.S. and hiding it from the public. You’ve yet to comment, care to do so now?

Walker: We’ve all got personal lives, personal issues. Sometimes it’s best to keep these things within the family. There are some things the public, and the press, doesn’t need to know.

F. Underwood: Did you see Walker on BBC last night, Doug?
D. Stamper: Not all of it, only the first few minutes.
Underwood: That’s all you need to see. See if we can get an ad out, through one of the PACs, making Walker bleed. *whispers* He’s right about every word of it, but we can’t have the voters knowing that, can we?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »

Bartlet Rebounds Over Walker Following BBC Interview

D. Stamper: Our plan isn’t working. Bartlet’s steam is picking up again, Walker’s going down harder than we expected.
F. Underwood: We can’t rush it. Everything is timed out carefully.
Stamper: Obama’s stepped aside, we leaked Bartlet’s M.S., Walker’s barely breaking 20% in the latest polls. What else has to happen?
Underwood: Who hasn’t backed a candidate? Think about it, who ran Bartlet’s 2000 campaign but hasn’t surfaced yet.
Stamper: McGarry? He’s going to turn on Bartlet?
Underwood: I’ve got a call out to him. *whispers* If only the old bastard would learn to text we would have be done an hour ago.

Chicago Mayor McGarry Sticks With Democratic Party, Ditches Former Boss Bartlet

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »

NO! LEO!!!!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 02:13:45 AM »

May 13, 2011
Walker Suspends Campaign, Endorses Sen. Gillette

May 20, 2011
McGarry Holds Mass Fundraiser in New York

Primary Polls, as of June 1, 2011

Democratic Primary
Governor Jim Matthews, PA -- 41%
Senator John Kerry, MA -- 30%
Secretary of State Michael Kern, CO -- 13%
Senator Grace Hardin, GA -- 11%
Congressman Chris Van Hollen, MD -- 5%

Progressive Primary
Governor Jed Bartlet, NH -- 36%
Senate Progressive Whip Seth Gillette, ND -- 35%
House Progressive Leader Matt Santos, TX -- 18%
Governor Jerry Brown, CA -- 11%

Conservative Primary
Senator Ted Cruz, TX -- 43%
Governor Rick Perry, TX -- 31%
Fmr. Senator Rick Santorum, PA -- 13%
Senator Hector Mendoza, FL -- 5%
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, MN -- 5%
Senator Sam Wilkinson, KS -- 3%

Republican Primary
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, NY -- 35%
Senator John McCain, AZ -- 26%
Senator Arnold Vinick, CA -- 26%
Governor Bob McDonnell, VA -- 13%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »

L. McGarry: Frank, you know I didn’t want to turn my back of Jed. We’ve been together for years, I wanted to have his back. We’d already talked about it.
F. Underwood: I promise you it’ll be worth it. Thank you for that fundraiser in New York.
McGarry: You still haven’t gone public. I don’t want my money going to some congressional race. Do you know how manys 0s there were on the end of that check?
Underwood: I appreciate it, you know I do, Leo. We’re going public in three weeks. There’s just two more things we’ve got to do behind the scenes.

June 3, 2011

John King: This is breaking news, coming straight to CNN. President Obama has instructed  Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint an independent prosecutor to investigate New Hampshire Governor, and First Lady, Jed and Abbey Bartlet. Mrs. Bartlet is currently facing numerous inquiries from the AMA for violating several ethics rules. Now the Justice Department is officially investigating Governor Bartlet’s M.S., Dr. Bartlet’s treatment of that M.S., and any perjury that could have been committed to cover the Governor’s tracks.

June 12, 2011

Bill Hemmer: Fox News has just independently confirmed a story that has been circulating for the past few hours. Pennsylvania Governor Jim Matthews has died. He was found on the grounds of the Governor’s mansion early this morning by maintenance staff, lying unconscious next to a bird bath. Reports say it appears that the Governor slipped on a patch of mud, hit his head on the birdbath, and died from the wounds. He was 68 years old and a leading contender for the Democratic Nomination for president.

James Edward Matthews, Governor of Pennsylvania (1943-2011)

June 21, 2011

George Stephanopoulos: Joining me at the table is Speaker of the House Frank Underwood, Congressman for South Carolina’s 5th District. Thank you for joining me, Mr. Speaker. I’ve been told that you have an announcement, before we begin.

Frank Underwood: Yes I do, George, and it’s my pleasure to be here. I’ve thought over this long and hard, I’ve talked to my dear wife, Claire, and my friends, and I’m ready to make this announcement. I have decided to run for President, under the Democratic Party, and pick up the torch that Governor Matthews sadly dropped. Jim was a dear friends of mine and it really is devastating that he’s gone. But he would not want us to dwell in sadness and I do not plan to. I’m running for President on the ideals that Jim lived for: entitlement reform, tax reform, and education reform.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

July 3, 2011
Dem. Candidates Hold Debate in Miami

Wall St. Journal Poll: Who do you think won the Democratic debate?
Senator John Kerry, MA -- 24%
Speaker Frank Underwood -- 21%
Congressman Chris Van Hollen, MD -- 15%
Secretary of State Michael Kern, CO -- 12%
Unsure/None of the Above -- 28%

July 11, 2011
Prog. Candidates Hold Debate in Denver

Wall St. Journal Poll: Who do you think won the Progressive debate?
Governor Jed Bartlet, NH -- 35%
Senate Progressive Whip Seth Gillette, ND -- 30%
Governor Jerry Brown, CA -- 11%
House Progressive Leader Matt Santos, TX -- 10%
Unsure/None of the Above -- 14%

July 13, 2011
Cons. Candidates Hold Debate in Dallas

Wall St. Journal Poll: Who do you think won the Conservative debate?
Fmr. Senator Rick Santorum, PA -- 28%
Senator Hector Mendoza, FL -- 25%
Governor Rick Perry, TX -- 14%
Senator Ted Cruz, TX -- 14%
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, MN -- 6%
Unsure/None of the Above -- 13%

July 23, 2011
Rep. Candidates Hold Debate in Kansas City

Wall St. Journal Poll: Who do you think won the Republican debate?
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, NY -- 19%
Senator Arnold Vinick, CA -- 18%
Senator John McCain, AZ -- 15%
Governor Bob McDonnell, VA -- 15%
Congressman Kevin McCarthy, CA -- 10%
Congressman Peter King, NY -- 5%
Unsure/None of the Above -- 18%

July 24, 2011
Rep. Bachmann Suspends Campaign, Endorses Sen. Cruz

August 6, 2011
Gov. Brown Suspends Campaign, Endorses Gov. Bartlet

August 8, 2011
Gov. McDonnell Suspends Campaign, Crosses Party Lines to Endorse Gov. Perry

Primary Polls, as of August 10, 2011

Democratic Primary
Speaker Frank Underwood -- 45%
Senator John Kerry, MA -- 22%
Secretary of State Michael Kern, CO -- 20%
Congressman Chris Van Hollen, MD -- 13%

Progressive Primary
Governor Jed Bartlet, NH -- 40%
Senate Progressive Whip Seth Gillette, ND -- 39%
House Progressive Leader Matt Santos, TX -- 21%

Conservative Primary
Senator Ted Cruz, TX -- 41%
Governor Rick Perry, TX -- 29%
Fmr. Senator Rick Santorum, PA -- 24%
Senator Hector Mendoza, FL -- 6%

Republican Primary
Senator Arnold Vinick, CA -- 28%
Senator John McCain, AZ -- 25%
Congressman Peter King, NY -- 19%
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, NY -- 19%
Congressman Kevin McCarthy, CA -- 6%
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »

why
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

#whynot
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »

Please update rolga!!!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 07:12:30 PM »

October 5, 2011
The National Enquirer
McCain and Vinick: Enemies on the Trail, Buddies in the Bedroom?

A video has been given to The National Enquirer, from a high ranking Congressional aide, showing Republicans Senators John McCain and Arnold Vinick engaging in sexual acts together. The two Senators, according to the aide, often meet together with their wives and have four-way sex. They commonly meet up at a Holiday Inn just off the Capital Beltway. We reached out to the staff of both Senators for a comment, but received no reply.

January 3, 2012

David Gregory: I’m going to have to interrupt you here, Scott. We have some projections in Iowa.

House Speaker Frank Underwood has won the Democratic Primary with 40% of the vote. Coming in second is Secretary of State Michael Kern, with 25%, followed by Senator John Kerry, with 19%, and Congressman Chris Van Hollen with 16%.

New Hampshire Governor Jed Bartlet has just squeezed out a winner in the Progressive Primary. He won 38% of the vote, followed closely by Senator Seth Gillette, who captured 35%. House Progressive Leader Matt Santos came in third with 27%.

Former Senator Rick Santorum has handedly won the Conservative Primary with 39%. He was followed by Governor Rick Perry (21%), Senator Ted Cruz (20%), and Senator Hector Mendoza (20%).

In a surprise move, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg won the Iowa Republican Primary with 36%. Second place went to Senator John McCain (32%), third to Congressman Kevin McCarthy (16%), fourth to Senator Arnold Vinick (11%), and last went to Congressman Peter King (5%)

F. Underwood: Now the balls rolling, Doug.
D. Stamper: New Hampshire’s going to be tough, Kerry’s leading by 5.
F. Underwood: We’ve got John taken care of. He’ll be down by 10 before he knows what happened.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 07:24:57 PM »

I'M SORRY WHAT.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies