2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:02:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread  (Read 5275 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »

I have all of the staff Jeb has in real life.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »

I'm going to run as Brian Schweitzer.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 03:23:59 AM »

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Good evening America.

I am proud to be standing here in New York, my home town, one of the greatest cities on the Earth, in the United States, the greatest country on the Earth. I know many of you are skeptical of my intentions, you have been for awhile. I can understand why, as well. I've considered this decision some times before. Now, however, now is the first time I have decided that the situation is serious enough that I have to step in.

Tonight, I declare my candidacy for the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America.

The American Dream is failing. The incompetence of Washington in delivering real solutions to our nation's challenges is pathetic. America does not deserve pathetic leadership. America deserves strong strong leadership. As a businessman of over 40 years I know true leadership. The President needs to be strong in the face of our enemies. Our current President is not strong. I can be a strong President.

Over the coming weeks and months, I will outline my plan for making America truly great again. Thank you and God bless America.

Campaign Staff
Campaign Manager: Mark Block
Senior Advisor: Joe Allbaugh
Communications Director: Jeffrey D. Gordon
Political Director: Ed McMullen
Policy Director: Corey R Lewandowski
Press Secretary: RC Hammond
Finance Director: Donald Trump Jr.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:40 AM »

I'll take Joe Manchin.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 03:48:29 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Joe Manchin for President: Real, Pragmatic Leadership

Speech in Charleston, West Virginia, April 14th, 2015

Now, some will say that I have no chance here, that my positions are too out of line with the modern Democratic Party to gain any traction. Well that's why I'm here to run for President and I'll prove them wrong. I'm a different kind of Democrat, one from the back country roads of West Virginia.

When I was Governor of the great state of West Virginia, dealing with our state’s problems required bringing together a diverse and strong-willed group of legislators. But I did, because that was my responsibility. By working together, we were able to tackle the tough fiscal problems that our state faced – and we did it while setting our priorities and protecting the most vulnerable in our state.

The bottom line is this – the President is the leader of this great nation, and when it comes to an issue of significant national importance, the President must lead. Not the Majority Leader or Speaker, but the President.

He must sit down with leaders of both parties and help hammer out a real bipartisan compromise that moves our nation forward and establishes the priorities that represent our values and all hard-working families.

And I truly believe that he can do it. And when we finally do come together and agree to a bipartisan solution, we will not only set a new tone for our nation, but we can start to focus on what the American people sent all of us here to do: start working together to create a more prosperous future for our children and our families, and be the America we all know we can be. I can be that president.

Now is a crucial time, and we must work together to get America back on track. We need common-sense approaches to help get government off our backs and out of our pockets. We need to balance our national budget and reduce our deficit. We need to tackle health care reform and make changes for the better. And we must work to make America energy independent.

I am the only candidate here today that will be able to deliver on these promises, and I hope that you join me on the campaign trail to bring commonsense, West Virginia values to Washington.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Campaign Staff
Campaign Manager: Robby Mook
Senior Advisor: Hayden Rogers
Press Relations: Jonathan Cott, Katie Longo
Political Director: Chris Kofinis
Policy Director: Mara Boggs
Finance Director: Larry Puccio
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »

I'm quite shocked at the size of the Democratic primary, I was expecting the Republican one to be very crowded...
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 11:09:30 AM »

OOC: dont have time i withdraw
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 11:11:11 AM »

I'm quite shocked at the size of the Democratic primary, I was expecting the Republican one to be very crowded...

It seems like the dems have some pretty interesting candidates to choose from.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

May 16, 2015 - News from "The Alamo" in San Antonio: Joaquin Castro Announces Candidacy

Good Evening . . . Buenos Tardes.  We stand here together, outside of the historic Alamo, joined in our common commitment to the ideals of this great Nation of ours.  This Nation has been a beacon of opportunity, freedom, and hope for countless individuals and families for generations.  But as those at the Alamo demonstrated, such ideals sometimes come only through great struggles, work, and - sometimes - sacrifice.  We are standing at such a point in time.

Despite the great wealth of our Nation, that economic prosperity is not shared by all Citizens.  Too many of our family, friends, and neighbors face economic hardships, and current policies don't offer them the opportunities once enjoyed by Americans.  Education - often seen as "the great equalizer" - is challenged on all fronts.  Public education has been consistently underfunded, stretching the resources of an already over-taxed system.  And college costs continue to rise, outpacing the ability of many Americans to achieve their educational dreams.  Employment opportunities are not meeting the needs of our Country for innovation, growth, and  expansion.  Many people are working two, three, or more jobs just to make ends meet.  And policies now limit the potential for innovation and the growth of small businesses, while other companies are exploiting loopholes through off-shore businesses and H1B Visa abuses.  The struggle for equality and protection of human rights has been a cornerstone of our Nation, but policies adversely affecting women, immigrants, racial minorities, and the LGBT community are fast eroding any pretense of civil rights. 

We are a great Nation, steeped in a rich history of idealism . . . but it has been an idealism grounded in action.  When we have seen problems, we have corrected them - sometimes late, but always on the right side.  Now is our chance to correct the problems and injustices that face our Nation - now is our opportunity to make this Nation even better for our children - now is our time!  Yes, this will mean work - but we can do it by working together, not against each other.  We have had enough of counterproductive partisanship, of rumor mongering, of mean-spirited debates.  We must come together, debate and discuss to resolution, and move forward;  moving backwards is no longer an option.

My career has epitomized coming together - working across party lines in both the Texas and United States legislatures.  I have represented a multi-party district in a state that is often at odds with my political beliefs - but I have consistently found a way to work with a wide range of political ideologies.  I value diversity and respect enriching debate . . . but make no mistake:  I stand firm in my belief in the importance of a strong educational system, the need for continued expansion of employment opportunies for all, and a deep and abiding commitment to civil rights. 

Please join me as I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.  It's time for a change America:  Together we can restore "Opportunity for All!"
Elkins

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »

I'll take Governor Susana Martinez
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »

Are we officially starting today?
Elkins

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »

Susana Martinez for America: Taking Charge of Our Future

June 6th, 2015
Albuquerque, New Mexico
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Thank you! Gracias! Thank you so much!

We have all surely come a long way from those dark days when I first entered this office still mired the economic sinkhole that was the Great recession. But with dedication here in New Mexico, we persevered. But looking beyond the coziness of our state, our country is still in dire need. Our situation abroad remains dim as chaos plays out in front of ours eyes in Iraq and much of the middle east, while Russia clenches it's grip on Ukraine. Here in the United States, our situation may look bright, but we must not be fooled by any illusion. Federal taxation and regulations continue to cripple business and innovation. Meanwhile entitlements for our seniors are on the brink and our education system continues it's status quo of disarray.

My friends, I love this state. The five years I've served here as it's governor has undoubtedly been the hallmark of my life. But it has become increasingly clear to me that this country needs a firm, conservative vision to push us towards a future we can be proud of. And after consulting with my wonderful family, my ever wise friends and countless New Mexicans who believe this country needs what I just outlined, I believe there is no one better to implement that vision than the person speaking to all of you great folks right now. Today, I announce my campaign to seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States!

Today, seventy one years ago, America helped turn the tide of history as our troops stormed Omaha and Utah beach on D-Day. Now, several generations removed from that fateful day our country stands at another crossroads. Petty, ideological squabbles in congress  and widespread mistrust of our government by the Americans people threatens to slowly but surely erode the foundation this country was created upon. Those men at Normandy, and all Americans who have fought for and died for this country deserve much better than having the country they poured their blood, sweat and tears into protecting take a turn for the worse.

We also owe it to our children to bequeath to them a country in better shape than the one they were born into and one which they can improve upon with an American work ethic. Handing them the reigns of uncertainty is nothing less than a recipe for disaster. There is much to do before that point though, and for the past couple years there has been a lot of panic and no reform for the most pressing issues our country faces. Folks, it is time to meet our problems head on instead of hiding in the shadows when it comes to make a difficult decision. It is an unquestionable fact that Washington lacks the spine to truly tackle problems. That needs to change... not a decade from now or a year from now, but today. No longer can I sit back ideally as issue after issue goes unsolved is slowly forgotten about

My friends, I am running for President because this country once again needs to once again make history instead of sitting on the bench watching other countries change the world. To do that, we need bold action to take charge of our future, not political disruptive posturing. When the United States of America works together, no force on this planet can stop us. But before we become an unstoppable force we need to learn to work together. In Washington there is no doubt in my mind I can provide just that and more. Thank you again!

Following the speech the Governor answers questions in both English and Spanish.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2015, 02:22:04 PM »

I assumed so, I am ready for a rocky primary.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

The campaign thread is now open! We will be playing here for the rest of the game. I can't wait to see how everything goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies