Obama pisses China off meets with Dalai Lama in the White House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:21:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Obama pisses China off meets with Dalai Lama in the White House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama pisses China off meets with Dalai Lama in the White House  (Read 1945 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 24, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
« edited: February 24, 2014, 10:24:44 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

Destroying their cultural legacy and killing thousands during the cultural revolution was hardly a beneficial development compared to feudal Tibet modernizing on its own terms.

Lol.

Feudal in the marxist sense.

Tibet had a varied social system across various regions with a caste like system being its main component, such a system is fully capable of modernizing as seen in India and elsewhere on the subcontinent.

Indeed. This is almost too obvious to bear stating but a wide variety of now thoroughgoingly modern countries were at some point or another 'feudal'.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can't speak to what's in the man's heart but it would be entirely in keeping with the rest of Cory's stated views and prejudices if he did. (Not that such propaganda is entirely without basis in reality, really, but...)

I agree with him that Chinese dominance over Tibet for the foreseeable future is a fait accompli at this point. I just disagree that that's an at all good thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies