AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:47:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays  (Read 12756 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: February 24, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »

I don't see any reason why Brewer won't veto this. She has no reason to fear pissing off the far-right since she's term-limited, and she's too old for presidential ambitions.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »

I don't see any reason why Brewer won't veto this. She has no reason to fear pissing off the far-right since she's term-limited, and she's too old for presidential ambitions.

By the same logic, she has no reason to fear pissing off moderates.  If she truly believes she won't be running in any future elections, she can make whatever decision she wishes without worrying about the politics too much.

I've seen her as the type to use the far-right to get elected then ditches them afterward. Just look at the heavy handed tactics she used to expand Medicaid. Even many Democratic governors wouldn't go that far.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies