AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:57:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ Legislature turns back clock, resumes segregation, but this time for gays  (Read 12805 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 24, 2014, 01:16:20 AM »

A town 20 minutes west of where I grew up passed an anti-discrimination ordinance, which said that you can't turn a gay couple away simply because they're gay. Instantly, the (this is going to sound very "broad brush" like, but it's the truth) Christians were outraged and launched recall campaigns to throw the city council and mayor out of office (As it was passed unanimously by council) because these laws have been used to "Attack and shut down Christian businesses."

Personally, if and when I find my man, I think we should go buy our wedding cake from the baker in Lakewood, Colorado who said he'd rather go to jail than bake a cake for a gay couple, and then go have our wedding in Provo, Utah on the campus of BYU.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »

Since this is specifically designed to allow Christian homophobic business owners to turn away gays, I'm wondering how this applies to non-Christian business owners, and discrimination in other ways. For example, I'm an atheist. Would this legislation make it legal to put up a sign in the window of my restaurant that says, "No Christians Will be Served" because my religious beliefs "prevent" me from serving Christians? If that happened, the same people who so proudly supported this bill would be screaming bloody murder. Now that said, it's discrimination plain and simple.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies