CNN to end 'Piers Morgan Live' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CNN to end 'Piers Morgan Live' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN to end 'Piers Morgan Live'  (Read 5139 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 23, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

Good; I hope they don't end the "Live" show, however. I'm sure they will find a good replacement. Anderson Cooper seems to be a good fit. Or not. I don't know, but I really think CNN doesn't have a very decent pool to pick from like MSNBC or Fox does.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:57:59 PM »

Amen. His show was honest-to-God unwatchable. I remember watching him interview a supporter of gun rights after Newtown and he wouldn't even let the guy speak. Kept going back to the same statistic over and over again, and when his guest actually gave a thoughtful response to the statistic, Piers just repeated himself. I am fine with partisanship and different points of view, don't invite people onto your show just to berate them.
He called the man "stupid" over and over again, IIRC.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »

Better yet, offer Martin Bashir a new show. While he could have found a better way to word what he said about Sarah Palin, he knocked it out of the park and shouldn't have so much as apologized for calling out that balloon head. And of course, Sean Hannity took to his usual routine, "Oh, we the far right who hates so many different groups of people are the loving ones and we'd NEVER say anything like that!"

But I see that as a double standard, where Martin Bashir is basically forced to resign over a bad choice of words, and Rush Limbaugh says much worse about many different people, and he's the unofficial head of the GOP.
Martin Bashir has a history of making vile and sexist remarks. He was booed off the stage at a media event when he talked about how the podium covered his boner that he was getting from seeing another reporter in the front row. If CNN wants to replace Piers Morgan with another arrogant foreigner who looks down at his own viewers, Bashir really is the way to go.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »

On an unrelated note, CNN is airing a documentary about Matthew McCounoghy has Russian tanks roll through the Crimea.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »

CNN is in deep trouble with their ratings even after Morgan left. Something is wrong with that channel.
On the bright side, CNN is America's go to channel for major breaking news unless NBC was live on the air when the event occurred ("The Today Show" on 9/11, etc).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies