The Office of Senator Adam Griffin (SEN. GRIFFIN ANNOUNCES SOMETHING)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:04:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator Adam Griffin (SEN. GRIFFIN ANNOUNCES SOMETHING)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Office of Senator Adam Griffin (SEN. GRIFFIN ANNOUNCES SOMETHING)  (Read 2449 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »
« edited: April 21, 2014, 02:07:53 AM by D-MOcrat »

A VICTORY FOR ME IS A VICTORY FOR LABOR IS A VICTORY FOR ATLASIA

Thank you, everyone, for your support and selecting me as your next (and most preferred) Senator! I look forward to joining the body in a couple of weeks.

THE GAME

Now, let's cut to the case: this game is in an awful place right now. As of late, I've noticed activity levels drop to levels unseen in my time playing this game. At first, I thought spring break or a fluke was behind it, but for more than a month, a majority of days have passed on the main FE board where fewer than 5 posts have been made. The government boards haven't been much better. I don't know what the hell is going on, but we've got to fix this.

If there's one thing I've always been good at, it is getting people's attention. As your next Senator, I intend to use my power to revive this game through my tried and true tradition of stirring shit up, if need be. Hopefully, everyone will just start returning to the game before then so that I can focus more on legislation.

THE PARTY

I'm so happy with our current delegation, and with the end of this at-large election, I truly believe Labor will now have the purest and most active delegation that it ever has. Over the past year, I've watched us increase our numbers in the Senate - but often at the expense of ideology. As of late, however, we've slowly rectified this and now enjoy the most concentrated and largest bloc of power in the Senate that we ever have. It's a beautiful thing, and I love y'all so much.

THE POLICIES

I look forward to working on two major proposals in the coming weeks.

The first is legislation that will nationalize electricity and further enhance provisions of the Omnibus Green Energy Policy Act.

The second is a revival of discussions in regards to regional reform and new ways in which we can bring excitement back to the game - even for older players.

Please stay tuned to my office for more updates in the future, and thank you again for your support!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2014, 02:03:40 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2014, 02:20:21 AM by Flo »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2014, 02:06:32 AM »

Congratulations, Mr Senator-elect!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 04:48:54 AM »

Thank you!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »

Congrats, I was very happy to give you my second preference.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »

Congratulations on your victory, Griffin! I am extremely worried about the current state of inactivity as well, and I'll be looking forward to see further discussion and new proposals on regional reform.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »

I know you'll do stuff Adam Tongue

Congrats
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »

Congratulations!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2014, 06:58:32 AM »

Are you still GM? I lost track somewhere
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »

Are you still GM? I lost track somewhere

He'll have to resign as GM should he take the Senate position, but he never officially resigned.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04:45 PM »

SENATOR GRIFFIN ANNOUNCES SOMETHING

Coming to the end of my first term as Senator, I can look back on it and realize the new perspective I've gained from serving in such a body. It is a slow and deliberative ordeal, and obviously activity plays a key role in how quickly most things can be done. The past four months have been - in my opinion - lacking in that regard, and I have certainly (toward the end, anyway) played a role in that.

I am happy that we were able to get through my proposal for correcting the lame-duck/appointment process of Senators, which we know refer to as the Twenty-Eighth Amendment. I'm also excited that we've had quite lengthy discussions on various elements of game reform, including my proposal for a bicameral legislature, which would be birthed once we approve consolidation. Despite the fact that such proposals will probably emerge from the Senate in such a chimeric fashion that it won't be anything like what I intended, I'm glad this discussion is ongoing and will continue. I'm glad to see reasoned progress on the bill I introduced to nationalize/regionalize our fuel and power, too. This is sorely needed.

Despite the fact that the Vice-President's activity figures suggest that I haven't been the least active Senator of the cycle when factoring in time off and bills missed, it still kind of feels that way to me. I'll be honest in saying that I had to be persuaded to run in April, but I still wanted to serve in the Senate and do it justice. I started out pretty strongly because I had the extra time to give. As some of you know, I'm quite invested with local/state political affairs and well...my state has apparently become a battleground state. So yeah, I've been very busy the past month or so and I don't foresee it getting any better for me until after the elections.

Because of this, I will not be seeking a second term to the Senate. This office deserves to be filled by someone who will be active. Despite the fact that I could totally rack up the votes and probably come in first place just for show (Cheesy), it just doesn't seem right. So as it stands, I encourage my supporters to instead support Alfred, Dr. Cynic and whomever the most leftist candidate outside of our party is who can win.

I'll also have an additional important announcement to make within the next week, so stay tuned.

Godspeed and all that,
Griff
GAworth
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2014, 08:43:56 PM by GAworth »

Certainly first or second preference. Good luck!!!

Totally didn't see the not in the seeking second term. I hope you continue to stay in the public sphere, we have not always agreed but I have respected you always.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies