MI-12: John Dingell retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:46:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-12: John Dingell retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI-12: John Dingell retiring  (Read 1772 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »

As a citizen of Dingell's district, it's sad to see him go, but it was time. As for keeping the seat in the hands of the Dingell's...I'm gonna hold my hypothesis on that. In the previous district (before redistricting 2010) I think Debbie would've easily won the nomination. But since the new district is made up mostly of the down river cities of Detroit where there's plenty of other popular names, she's definitely got some competition. It's Safe D either way, which is why I won't even bother with this one.

Debbie's last name will lock it up for her; maybe not as much as the old district, but still.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »

As a citizen of Dingell's district, it's sad to see him go, but it was time. As for keeping the seat in the hands of the Dingell's...I'm gonna hold my hypothesis on that. In the previous district (before redistricting 2010) I think Debbie would've easily won the nomination. But since the new district is made up mostly of the down river cities of Detroit where there's plenty of other popular names, she's definitely got some competition. It's Safe D either way, which is why I won't even bother with this one.

Debbie's last name will lock it up for her; maybe not as much as the old district, but still.

I'll probably vote for her in the primary, then vote against her in the general Smiley
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »

I'll probably vote for her in the primary, then vote against her in the general Smiley

Interesting.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 01:31:11 AM »

I consider Debbie a step up from her husband. The only policy difference I know of is Debbie is more liberal on gun control, which is something at least.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

Debbie is more liberal on gun control.

Which is why I could never vote for her in a general election.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »

State Sen. Rebekah Warren is not running

Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 08:56:12 PM »

I'm a resident of her district as well. That's interesting, she's only served one term...
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »

EMILY's List endorses Dingell.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies